Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scale is an important factor in this hobby.
It's the reason I'm not impressed with Tamashii's R2 (aside from the dome finish).
I mean, why it wasn't made in the correct scale to this magnificent 3PO really boggles me. Especially after all that touting about being lead and overlooked by Japan's premiere SW "scholar".

Apparently, the scholar didn't give a $h1t about R2. :lol

I got mine from Amiami, my second time ordering from them, I could only highly recommend them. Excellent so far, hopefully there will be no issues when I get it.

Excellent! Full report please!
:duff

I am afraid of touching the Mark VI, but this figure is solid metal...very strong...not much aside from the elbow pipes that could break...eyes are really bright!

Fantastic figure!

And I am in Ottawa Canada...and really surprised that customs didn't touch this...but since it came Canada Post...they don't duty much...

Scale is an important factor in this hobby.
It's the reason I'm not impressed with Tamashii's R2 (aside from the dome finish).
I mean, why it wasn't made in the correct scale to this magnificent 3PO really boggles me. Especially after all that touting about being lead and overlooked by Japan's premiere SW "scholar".
:exactly: :lol

Scholar of the left hand tango. :lecture

I think it should be considered that the R2 is a mock up at this point, similar to the original working models of the 3PO. Head didnt look right, scale was questionable, pistons were bent and didnt move so well. Hell, I took a quick glance at it as SDCC and was so "m'eh" about it that I didnt even think twice nor photograph it. But DAYUM, I'm eating me some crow on this thing now and glad I ordered it! I think R2 will be just as amazing if not better. I think the blue squares on the dome look like stickers, so it seems too early to tell. THIS YEAR, I will be photographing R2 AND 3PO at the SS booth! :wink1:

Yeah, I agree with this. The more I look at it and consider what's been discussed already in regards to R2's production being dependant on 3PO's sales, the more I think that it was just a mock-up for general display purposes. I'd be extremely surprised if that R2 is representative of what they'll actually release should it go forward.

Just opened up the box (I don't usually care for the packaging, but this one is pure class) - holy **** is this thing heavy!

Such a sexy droid, after playing around with the articulation & checking him out from every conceivable angle, I can see where the money went. Pure 1/6 awesome. :yess:

One thing I did notice is that he has a slight oily residue on the diecast, might wanna clean that up so the dust has less chance of sticking.

Well done Tamashii :duff Now I need to shell out 350 for an R2. :lol

It isn't what I did - it's what SSC didn't do.:lol

That is a strange thing to loathe!

not really. it adds unessacary weight, and is prone to paint chipping. Never understood the idea that Diecast = Heavy = Added value.
In a figure, unless it is ONLY in the lower legs, makes it prone to falling over ( and breaking said shelves, and other figures, and chipping paint. NEVER putting MP prine in a detolf again. )

don't want any of that on a shelf in my home.

the oily residue is probobly on there to protect the gold paint/vac metal/whatever.

Yeah, I agree with this. The more I look at it and consider what's been discussed already in regards to R2's production being dependant on 3PO's sales, the more I think that it was just a mock-up for general display purposes. I'd be extremely surprised if that R2 is representative of what they'll actually release should it go forward.

Agreed. The R2 just doesn't look anywhere near the quality of 3PO. I suspect that the final R2 will have most, if not all, of his compartments openable.

Pics or it didn't happen!!!

Will do. Seriously guys, I've been collecting a long time, even longer for Star Wars than general 1/6th releases. IMO, this is not only the best Star Wars collectible I've ever seen, but the best 1/6th figure i've ever seen.
Maybe even the best film collectible i've ever seen. It's truly beautiful, a work of art. Totally blown away.
:thud:

I agree, he sure is damn flash. A "work of art" is spot on. Just goes to show how good the original design is, and how well they've pulled it off. Lovin it. :yess: I can't imagine having a need for any other 3PO figures - ever.

I agree, he sure is damn flash. A "work of art" is spot on. Just goes to show how good the original design is, and how well they've pulled it off. Lovin it. :yess: I can't imagine having a need for any other 3PO figures - ever.

:lecture
I will never need another, it's absolutely impossible to top this. Just when 1/6 buying fatigue has started to set in with me, this arrives. Honestly it's a whole new level of sophistication.

:hi5:

Some quick out of box pics. If I was to look for negatives, which is almost impossible with this figure, I would say it's a pity we lost the 3 point light source in the eyes and the restraining bolt needs a little weathering. The bloody restraining bolt! that's how good this figure is.. there is a little distortion on these from a macro lens, having him standing on your desk is like having a real 3PO shrunk down, they nailed the head sculpt.

9-10_zps53483f37.jpg

10-7_zpsd6e2bff9.jpg

8-16_zpsc7a1a97c.jpg

6-31_zps83918653.jpg

1-97_zps81ff3049.jpg

2-82_zps0f121bcf.jpg

3-69_zps4f5320cb.jpg

7-27_zps02c6f2c2.jpg

Last edited:
Back