Tamashii Movie Realization Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 155
Love them! Who's the red and blue guy with the face in the background? And is that a clone captain I see? Love seeing movie realization customs.

And btw guys there's full body pics of maul and Jango on rebelscum.com or jta.com forgot which

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Love them! Who's the red and blue guy with the face in the background? And is that a clone captain I see? Love seeing movie realization customs.

And btw guys there's full body pics of maul and Jango on rebelscum.com or jta.com forgot which

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The red/blue is a bad bootleg akazonae custom. Basic ashigaru - lowest level soldier with partial armor and weapons. See page 156.
Yes that a clone. Stormtrooper, akazonae, vader, fett mashup. Have to paint legs and arms to finish.

Maul looks fantastic! I'm still a fan of the original head, but the oni mask does massively add to the look.

I also think that Maul would look better if the shoulder pads were removed. Keep him as predominantly robed, not so much armored. Can't wait to add to this line!

I think both heads are still included, the mask just goes on top or is a completely alternate head. It's definitely meant to depict the oni head with a mask on though, no matter how they execute it

Is it just me or is one of the blades on Maul's saber/staff backward? (For instance, compare it to the concept sketch behind him.)

movie realization maul.jpg

Hmmm.. Never even noticed that and I was there!! :lol Hopefully that's something they fix in production as what was shown was a prototype.

Tamashii is notorious for seemingly employing blind double amputees to pose their figures at conventions and events. It's like this for every franchise they own at every event haha.

Tamashii is notorious for seemingly employing blind double amputees to pose their figures at conventions and events. It's like this for every franchise they own at every event haha.

It's a prototype and the blades were connected with a metal pin that caused them to spin under their own weight. Great comment by the way. You're a real asset to the collecting community with such thoughtful remarks.

It's a prototype and the blades were connected with a metal pin that caused them to spin under their own weight. Great comment by the way. You're a real asset to the collecting community with such thoughtful remarks.
A bit harsh man, he was just making a joke. He's not completely wrong either, they displayed shf aotc obi wan with a green lightsaber last year.

A bit harsh man, he was just making a joke. He's not completely wrong either, they displayed shf aotc obi wan with a green lightsaber last year.

I appreciate someone understanding sarcasm ;-)

I'm just making fun, but I'm a sucker for Tamashii/Bandai stuff, I collect Movie Realization, SH Figuarts Dragonball Z, Saint Seiya Myth Cloth/Myth Cloth EX, Megaman and Ninja Turtles lines from them.. so yeah, I like their products and I know what I'm talking about when I say that following their events throughout the years has showed me that they clearly don't care all that much about putting up a good pose on most of their products most of the time.

IMG_0179.jpgIMG_0180.jpgIMG_0182.jpgIMG_0161.JPG

Stormie repaint a little sanding and drilling. Vader cape remolding and a little paint. Main remodeling is ofcourse the head.
I really hope that someone in Bandai is following this thread to see how easy it is to make a new addition to the line.

Well the belt is different and in the concept art he doesn't have the Sode (shoulder armor) also the blade in the concept art is thinner. So I don't think it means anything

Well the belt is different and in the concept art he doesn't have the Sode (shoulder armor) also the blade in the concept art is thinner. So I don't think it means anything

Concept art is just something found on the net. Has nothing to do with Bandai line other than samurai theme.

Concept art is just something found on the net. Has nothing to do with Bandai line other than samurai theme.

I think that was in reply to the Darth Maul differences between concept art and the one we saw at the latest event..

Anyways, nice job on that Phasma custom. Coincidentally, I'd ordered recently a bootleg stormtrooper to attempt a Phasma custom myself so I'll be working on my own version soon, though I think it will look quite a bit different from yours. I'll probably try and use a type of flowing cloth for the cape instead of that Vader cape, I think it looks a bit too rigid for my liking.

Back