Tamashii Movie Realization Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
725825bd4d87c95a2f8c4ec6a39e3c63.jpg

Is this any better bro? Any help is appreciated.

Okay. If I'm seeing this right, the joint is much like a revoltech ball joint. All you need to do is pull out the broken ball joint and dig out the broken stem (you might have to drill it out but most likely not). Go to eBay and look up revoltech joint and gauge which size you need and color. That's one option. Another is to drill the broken ball and install a metal rod into it. I personally would go the revoltech joint option though.
Once you do it, it'll open all kinds of doors to future issues you might run into. A little innovation goes a long way.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix or replace a broken joint?
1009fc15f56facfb62ab1ac5c9ab34a0.jpg

Sorry to hear of the mishap, did it break while trying to get a sideways tilt on the ankle? This happened to koolkollectibleskhai when trying to achieve the below stance.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145179&p=7845129&viewfull=1#post7845129

He managed to source "replacement joints from HLJ! Obitsu Black Ball Joint set that includes 2x10mm joints, 6x8mm joints, and 8x6mm joints, all for under AUD$10 shipped!" Maybe Khai can give you some help with how he went about the actual repair?

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145179&p=7846763&viewfull=1#post7846763

Wow Fett73, you have one heck of a good memory lol!!! I did indeed have this exact same issue where the ankle joint snapped while I tried to utilise an ankle rocking motion in the joint that doesnt exist lol!!

And yes, I ordered a set of replacement joints from Hobby Link Japan. The product listing is here:
https://hlj.com/product/OBTIJPS-OBQ-BK

The joints come in various sizes, and I just picked the pair that fit the best.

To get the broken joint out, I simply placed the foot and lower leg into hot water to soften the plastic (dont worry, it wont damage the paint). I then used a tiny flat head screw driver and just dug the broken pieces out. Then I replaced with the joint I received from HLJ.

Note that you may need to cut the length of the joint tips to fit. I did that by trial and error, making sure to not cut too short first to gauge how short it should be.

I could not find exact replacement joints, so if anyone does know where actual Bandai joints can be bought, please let us know! :)

Thanks Bros for the help I will try it all! This line is very interesting, I hope they make more just with tougher joints or come with extra ones.

Gotta love it when a plan comes together. Released 6 days early. :)

We are contacting today regarding this product : Meishou MOVIE REALIZATION Taikoyaku Stormtrooper - Limited Edition
We've just got the confirmation that the release date for this product was changed.

Initially the release date was on : 2016-06-30
The new release date is now on : 2016-06-24

Okay, so Bootleg Boba arrived today, and...you can definitely tell it's a bootleg. I was impressed with the stormtrooper, but this one has a few noticeable flaws.

The pauldron on his right shoulder keeps popping off, and it looks like the arms been glued on backwards (or it's a spare left arm), the clip which would hold the sword sheath was molded wrong, which meant the sheath couldn't slip in (a quick slice fixed all that up, though, and most noticeably the clips which would hold all the various daggers on his legs were shoddy as heck, and wouldn't hold at least half the blades.

Looks okay-ish overall, but if you're looking for quality, go legit.

Received my Royal Guard today. I'm very happy with it and I will definitely grab a second one sometime in the future.

The only downside is that mine didn't have instructions with it, so I'm not sure how to attach the robe to his chest. I don't see pegs or anything.

Received my Royal Guard today. I'm very happy with it and I will definitely grab a second one sometime in the future.

The only downside is that mine didn't have instructions with it, so I'm not sure how to attach the robe to his chest. I don't see pegs or anything.

Where'd you get yours? Still waiting on BBTS!! Gah I wish they could get their Japanese stock faster!

Couple of guys got theirs. Maybe they can answer that.
Raiyuri?

The imperial logo on his chest pops off revealing a slot for the cloak to attach to.

Mine was just delivered. Awesome design.

003.JPG

Will post a few more pics with other figures when i have some more time in my hands.

Yeah. The assortment so far is awesome. I think we'll be lucky if we get another 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're still getting Jango and at least a few more Stormtroopers, right?

I really hope they continue the line, I'm really impressed with the two figures I have. I'd like to see a Luke figure, and maybe Asajj as a ninja.

Last edited:
Back