Tamashii Movie Realization Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you mention the death star head emblem is removable.... is it possible, say you had both the death star and imperial cog head emblems, to alternate/switch them out on the same V2 vader head? That would be cool!!!

anyone?

no ,you can not easy to switch them

for 1.0 ,you should dig a hole on the center helmet and create a pillar...

anyway,it's not a easy thing,and will break the unit...

seen on 2ch...

sorry for my poor english

Just a bit of trivia for you, the blade hilt that you suggested might be diamonds asdecoration is actually samekawa. Its Ray skin that is often used in the construction of Katana handles (known as a tsuka).

Nice review. The new hilt, extra katana and skeletal hands almost have me thinking of grabbing this version. What's holding me back is I may have to drop this line due to the extortion costs of the exclusive figures which seem to be all of them now.

I agree that the original is the nicer version with a paint app that pops more and in hand the new helmet doesn't look like its the superior version the promotional pics suggested it was. But that arm on the new one is just gorgeous.

Just a bit of trivia for you, the blade hilt that you suggested might be diamonds asdecoration is actually samekawa. Its Ray skin that is often used in the construction of Katana handles (known as a tsuka).

Nice review. The new hilt, extra katana and skeletal hands almost have me thinking of grabbing this version. What's holding me back is I may have to drop this line due to the extortion costs of the exclusive figures which seem to be all of them now.

I agree that the original is the nicer version with a paint app that pops more and in hand the new helmet doesn't look like its the superior version the promotional pics suggested it was. But that arm on the new one is just gorgeous.

Yeah, someone already commented on the video saying the hilt was either rayskin or sharkskin. Nice bit of trivia I would never have known!

And yep, the skeletal design I think is different enough to make this a worth while purchase for those into this line. There's enough of a difference, along with some of the accessories, to at least give some variety in the display. So as I said in the review, I might put this new version with the Stormtroopers, and the first version with the Royal Guards......or maybe the other way....not sure yet lol! Will wait to see how the Royal Guards look when then release in 2016.

Yeah, someone already commented on the video saying the hilt was either rayskin or sharkskin. Nice bit of trivia I would never have known!

And yep, the skeletal design I think is different enough to make this a worth while purchase for those into this line. There's enough of a difference, along with some of the accessories, to at least give some variety in the display. So as I said in the review, I might put this new version with the Stormtroopers, and the first version with the Royal Guards......or maybe the other way....not sure yet lol! Will wait to see how the Royal Guards look when then release in 2016.

Ha ha. Should have read the comments.

Ok, I totally shouldn't have but ordered this guy. Given the figs come apart I'm thinking I might do an arm swap and put the skeletal one on the original Vader and swap the lightsabre as well. The shoulder looked to be the same in the review so hopefully an arm swap won't look out of place.

Here's my review and comparison of the new Death Star Darth Vader figure. Love all the detailing in the skeletal design!

superb review!

QUESTION!

V1 comes with seppuku sheath attached to waist, is there a blade that actually goes in there / is removable from the sheath? And V2 does not have the seppuku blade?

I've been back and forth between the two, but I think I prefer the traditional look of the Samurai with the seppuku blade in place. In your photo posted that stands out to me the most, believe it or not haha. I could go either way with the helmet emblems. But the seppuku blade is essential. It's a shame though because I would much prefer the V2 lightsaber katana with the accurate looking rayskin :(

ahhh but the v2 does not have the katana sheath holder? man, now I'm back between the two again. It would be great to have the katana sheath and seppuku blade sheath both at the waist as they should be. But is there actually a seppuku blade that is in the sheath?

superb review!

QUESTION!

V1 comes with seppuku sheath attached to waist, is there a blade that actually goes in there / is removable from the sheath? And V2 does not have the seppuku blade?

I've been back and forth between the two, but I think I prefer the traditional look of the Samurai with the seppuku blade in place. In your photo posted that stands out to me the most, believe it or not haha. I could go either way with the helmet emblems. But the seppuku blade is essential. It's a shame though because I would much prefer the V2 lightsaber katana with the accurate looking rayskin :(

Thanks for watching! :)

There is no removable blade in the seppuku sheath on the first version. It's one molded piece with the blade hilt. The v2 does not have one, but is replaced with the ability to attach the saber hilt. The v1 does not have a katana sheath.

I think there are enough differences between the versions to warrant both in the collection to display with the various troops and royal guards.

superb review!

QUESTION!

ahhh but the v2 does not have the katana sheath holder? man, now I'm back between the two again. It would be great to have the katana sheath and seppuku blade sheath both at the waist as they should be. But is there actually a seppuku blade that is in the sheath?

Is there a blade in the tantō ? Yes and no. The blade is not removable, but the detailing if for a full blade ie hilt and sheath. So it is complete.

As to the missing sheath for the full length Katana, why would there be a sheath? It's a lightsabre. There is no blade to sheath. As is, the lightsabre as Katana and the tantō make up the pair of swords usually worn (the other option would be a katana and wakizashi). The V2 has instead opted for twin katana of the same length (which is unusual) so does not have a tantō, but instead has a full size sheath for that blade with a spot for the lightsabre hilt.

Too late for me BBTS. I ordered through BiJ and cancelled my order with you for the Royal Guard and grabbed those through BiJ as well. Gouging just lost you sales.

Just ordered the taikoyaku too.

I had hoped we would get a single trooper release with all of the different accessories that have been teased... but oh well. I have nothing against buying multiple troopers.

The $135 listing on BBTS indicates "Hong Kong version", whereas the $90 listing does not. Is there actually any difference between the two?

The Hong Kong version is a knock off. These recasters are getting really organised and beating the actual manufacturers to market :lol

Back