Tamashii Movie Realization Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bluefin is running an ad on Facebook that says "Limited Run". I don't know if that means this specific batch is limited with more to come, or if Beskar Mando is on the way or what. It's hard to believe they'd limit a Mando release, given the popularity of the show and of the previous Fett figure.

Bluefin is running an ad on Facebook that says "Limited Run". I don't know if that means this specific batch is limited with more to come, or if Beskar Mando is on the way or what. It's hard to believe they'd limit a Mando release, given the popularity of the show and of the previous Fett figure.

Indeed that could be just a marketing stunt in order to sell this one well.
But that could be true as well since the beskar armor has to come and they should think they had to make both but beskar would sell better.

Dont think I previously posted this vid in here. Just a quick shot of the collection using my new Sony ZV-1 4k camera. Definitely an upgrade from my previous camera of 7 years, but need to work on that shaky hand :D

If you go through local shops in Tokyo, you can find many of these for nice prices. But not all of the series turned out like expected. The idea is perfect, and some figures are really good but some are meh. There is always a posibility that Tamashi will continue the product line.

If you go through local shops in Tokyo, you can find many of these for nice prices. But not all of the series turned out like expected. The idea is perfect, and some figures are really good but some are meh. There is always a posibility that Tamashi will continue the product line.

I own them all, and the most underwhelming one, in my opinion, is Maul. Something in the way they went about the design doesn’t work, I think. All of the non-trooper designs leave something to be desired one way or the other with the exception - but again, strictly personal opinion - of C-3PO.

I own them all, and the most underwhelming one, in my opinion, is Maul. Something in the way they went about the design doesn?t work, I think. All of the non-trooper designs leave something to be desired one way or the other with the exception - but again, strictly personal opinion - of C-3PO.

I'm the opposite. Maul is one of my favourite figures in the line. It would be awesome if they could do his brother.

I think the new trilogy figures may have hurt the line. Not due to them being bad but rather the movies. In general ST merch sells poorly. I personally like the design and got a bunch of troopers, Phasma and Kylo. Was hoping they would release the other two trooper variants (heavy gunner and kumi gashira). At this stage this looks unlikely. My only gripes were the single jointed arms and the lack of open hand for gripping the barrel he even looks silly on the box with a fist under the barrel.

If they wanted easy wins they need only re-release the OT ashiguru trooper as they always sell out. They could even drop some simple variants i.e. shock trooper. Other than a head they've got all the parts to make Dengar. Likewise they could re-use most of C3P0 to make 4-Lom.

I'm betting that if they do well enough with the Mandalorian they'll do a wider release in his Beskar armour. Hopefully if and when they do that they give us baby Yoda.

I have just pulled the trigger and bought the mando figure.
I am afraid that is just a limited run for NYCC like the SDCC white boba fett and the world release will be the beskar armor one.

Hope I made the right choice :)

I have just pulled the trigger and bought the mando figure.
I am afraid that is just a limited run for NYCC like the SDCC white boba fett and the world release will be the beskar armor one.

Hope I made the right choice :)

It's 100% a limited run that's made to order, won't be available anywhere else. That's how the Bandai Exclusives work, so don't worry, this is the cheapest you'll get the figure.

It's 100% a limited run that's made to order, won't be available anywhere else. That's how the Bandai Exclusives work, so don't worry, this is the cheapest you'll get the figure.

Thanks Duke for your input here to reassure me on my choice ;)

Whoa, I didn't know that. It's a good thing I pulled the trigger on one earlier today. Thanks for the info!

And I guess that is good if all of us who want one do that, because they apparently have to reach a minimum to start to produce them.
If they are not enough preorders, that will be cancelled.

And I guess that is good if all of us who want one do that, because they apparently have to reach a minimum to start to produce them.
If they are not enough preorders, that will be cancelled.

I don't think that's true? I've never heard that for any Bandai premium product. The listing says "The pre-order period for this item may end suddenly (despite any previously announced pre-order end date) if the maximum order limit is reached. " So they're expecting a lot of orders if anything.

I don't think that's true? I've never heard that for any Bandai premium product. The listing says "The pre-order period for this item may end suddenly (despite any previously announced pre-order end date) if the maximum order limit is reached. " So they're expecting a lot of orders if anything.

I guess you are right, I missread it...

I think I am so afraid this fantastic line comes to an end, I understood wrong because of it...

Thanks for having clarifying it.

Hope they will sell A LOT of them to keep this line alive and we are still waiting for :

Scout trooper
R2D2
IG88/IG11

at least but hope for more !

Yea but maybe that is the exclusive like white boba fett and the regular one will be the beskar amor one.

I get White Boba. It was only ever concept art so it's ripe for the exclusive "chase" style figure. But pre-beskar Mandalorian is as mainstream as it gets. A real d**k move to make exclusive. And as a Japanese company why are they giving all these exclusive to the US market? Dumb. Just plain dumb.

I get White Boba. It was only ever concept art so it's ripe for the exclusive "chase" style figure. But pre-beskar Mandalorian is as mainstream as it gets. A real d**k move to make exclusive. And as a Japanese company why are they giving all these exclusive to the US market? Dumb. Just plain dumb.

But for them maybe the real Mandalorian is the beskar armor one, the first release only appears in 2 episodes if I remember well.
Imo for them the true release for the worlwide market would be the beskar and they could have negotiated with US Bandai some kind of exclusive like that in the same way than white Boba Fett or the trooper with a black should pad instead of yellow one.

But for them maybe the real Mandalorian is the beskar armor one, the first release only appears in 2 episodes if I remember well.
Imo for them the true release for the worlwide market would be the beskar and they could have negotiated with US Bandai some kind of exclusive like that in the same way than white Boba Fett or the trooper with a black should pad instead of yellow one.

Nonsense. Pre-beskar may have only two full episodes (which incidentally equates to a quarter of the season so it's not insignificant), but it's all the promotional material and was the "face" of the character for months. Every other toy manufacturer has heaps of toys in this configuration. It is in no way comparable to a shoulder pauldron re-color or concept art re-color.

Nonsense. Pre-beskar may have only two full episodes (which incidentally equates to a quarter of the season so it's not insignificant), but it's all the promotional material and was the "face" of the character for months. Every other toy manufacturer has heaps of toys in this configuration. It is in no way comparable to a shoulder pauldron re-color or concept art re-color.

I agree with you but I am just trying to figure out how they want to proceed.

Back