Tamashii Movie Realization Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want to see Amidala as well. Bandai likes to re-use the molds and I can see Queen Amidala in a white dress and black dress version as well so I hope to see her soon.

Any and all characters previewed in this line are welcome in my book, this is the one line where I don't think I'll ever skip a release because it's just perfectly up my alley. I've been quiet on this thread because there hasn't been much information released lately, and I didn't have as much time as before to work on customs but I just started working on a pair of custom figures that I'm quite excited about. I'll make sure to share here once they're finished! :)

Any and all characters previewed in this line are welcome in my book, this is the one line where I don't think I'll ever skip a release because it's just perfectly up my alley. I've been quiet on this thread because there hasn't been much information released lately, and I didn't have as much time as before to work on customs but I just started working on a pair of custom figures that I'm quite excited about. I'll make sure to share here once they're finished! :)

I’ve skipped a few like Jango and the black stormtrooper, but I’ll most likely get them at some stage. Having said that, I’ll be skipping all of the ST related figures, as, apart from Kylo, I think they just don’t look good. I can’t stand the FO stormtrooper design, it looks goofy and for some reason I don’t think translates well to the samurai style.
I just had Threepio arrive, and he’s a work of art. Hope R2 isn’t far behind, as well as more of the good guys we’ve been teased with like Padme, Yoda and Chewie.

Spot the intruder
9136BAF1-FC1A-44E9-BBC5-472A6DA9C380.jpg

Verry nice figure. I was a little sceptical and I do not like more steampunk than samurai direction the line is taking but 3PO is really nice.

Hmm, I'm actually thinking of getting this upcoming Kaiyodo KT Project KT-027 Takeya Shiki Jizai Okimono Kitaro 15th Century Gothic Equestrian set. The Vader would look decent standing next to this.

The knight stands just under 6", so the horse is slightly taller. The scale might work well enough for the movie realization series. Hopefully Bandai see this and decide to make a horse set for the Scout Trooper!

01.jpg

I've finally finished working on two more Sith Lord custom figures, and I wanted to share the result with you : Darth Plagueis the Wise and his young apprentice.

Much of the inspiration for these customs came from the marvelous book "Darth Plagueis" that I really recommend, but here is some background information for the uninitiated. ;)

Darth Plagueis the Wise, the secretive Sith Master of Darth Sidious, in the years before the attempted assassination that would leave him disfigured and unable to breathe without a respirator.
Known as Magister Hego Damask to the galaxy, Plagueis' true interests lied in Sith alchemy and experiments that would let him manipulate midichlorians to shape the Force and thus the galaxy as he saw fit.
In his quest to shift the balance of the Force and bring about a new era for the dark side, Plagueis took the young Palpatine as an apprentice and taught him -most- of what he had learned from his journeys and his own master, Darth Tenebrous (maybe a future custom!)

Here you can see Plagueis admiring one of his alchemical works while absentmindedly giving young Palpatine a lightsaber training lesson.

N5wbayf.jpg

O2jkJoE.jpg

And the apprentice...

Darth Sidious, known only as Palpatine to the galaxy, training under the harsh teachings of his master Darth Plagueis. With crimson robes befitting his nobility, he also wears neuranium-laced wristguards and greaves along with a neuranium-mesh scarf to protect himself from lightsaber strikes during his harsh training, Sidious seeks to become even more powerful than his master, and is already scheming ways to one day overthrow him. But first, he must learn all there is to learn of the ways of the Force...

jGfW8d7.jpg

And watched by their peers...

hLDjE8s.jpg

That's all for the pictures!

For these customs, one of the early challenges was finding a figure of appropriate size for Plagueis as he is supposed to be 240 cm tall. Plagueis has outgrown the use of his lightsaber and is more of a loremaster and scientist in his later days, but I wanted him to still wield one with the Force to teach his apprentice, and it made for what I thought was an original pose. For Palpatine, most of the art surrounding his youth show him with a mane of red hair and I wanted to reflect that, and also his taste of luxury and nobility in his fashion, even during his training, before he became the Emperor and left all that behind.

I hope you like what you see, I'll make sure to share future works with you all. :)

Really like the C3PO, the added details like mouth and eyes along with pistons really make up for the lack of weapons. I really hope to see something new for this line soon. I saw in an video that IG88 is a full head taller than the rest.

Good to hear.
I really don’t mind the scale inaccuracies on Maul compared to Vader but IG-88 should really be taller than the others.

Back