"Tales From the Perilous Realm" Book

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was my first (published) Tolkien translation, and I believe still the only one edition in print worldwide that has the original Pauline Baynes illustrations for all the constituent stories. JRRT himself loved them.

Go to the Harper Collins web site at www.tolkien.co.uk where you can get one of 500 Alan Lee signed copies of the deluxe edition. Have received mine and can say that this is the best of the so far released standard deluxe editions in terms of looks and quality. The tri-colour foil impression on the front board is particularly attractive although this cannot be seen when in the sleeve as there is no cut out as there is on some of the others.

Go to the Harper Collins web site at www.tolkien.co.uk where you can get one of 500 Alan Lee signed copies of the deluxe edition. Have received mine and can say that this is the best of the so far released standard deluxe editions in terms of looks and quality. The tri-colour foil impression on the front board is particularly attractive although this cannot be seen when in the sleeve as there is no cut out as there is on some of the others.

The site is upgrading. I want to get a nice hardcover copy of The Hobbit and LotRs. Not sure what shipping would be to the US from this site though.

Cool, thanks for the info...I'll have to get a couple. I think I'll start with the silmarillion and the children of hurin...

silmarillion is an awesome book, the first chapter is a bit trippy though :lol i really need to read un finished tales aswell but havent gotten round to it, its just sitting on my shelf getting dusty :eek:

The site is upgrading. I want to get a nice hardcover copy of The Hobbit and LotRs. Not sure what shipping would be to the US from this site though.

I recall taking a look at the shipping costs to USA and they did seem very reasonable. Wait for the site to get back up or you could always email HC - the addy is on the web site.
Edit: Just checked the link from my previous message which does not show the site I can access which has this email address for current orders but no harm using it for a shipping quote I wouldn't have thought.

[email protected]

Of course, I AM NOT entirely happy that I'm about to recieve my copy from Amazon UK now that the signed one is offered from the website.

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Back