Take the QMx Star Trek: TOS character survey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they need to hold some back and release the characters in several waves, one when first released and a second wave once all the figures have been released for those that delayed or missed the first run.[/QUOTE]

I've said it before, but I assume "new" collectors won't jump in on the Original Series line if Kirk and Spock are not readily available. Few fans would display Scotty and Chekov by themselves. Kirk and Spock need to be re-released in their "classic" uniforms (or maybe the velour variation).

Yeah, this survey worries me... especially when it includes figures we already know are being actively developed. I feel like they are asking us to choose one among them.

But as an Planet of the Apes fan, I'm used to figure lines not lasting very long.

Well hot toys when you start with a ****ing random soldier and not zaius that’s what happens and why **** won’t last.

ZERO apes figures except those random soldiers. Not even a damn ceaser after three hit movies. I don’t get it.

So anyways yeah... what I think this means is sales and demand are soft and they want to keep the momentum going by realizing the figure next that’s sure to not be a stinker. So I’m sure we will get at least one more figure out of QMX

But I would not hold my breath for TWoK or TNG or anything beyond the already made/shown Scotty because that’s who’s winning and even if uhura beats him she’s not already prototyped

I want all of them but let us all be realistic too. Some of us are on limited budgets. I wanted Khan and the chair but juggling multiple lines and being a working family man, I can't afford to do everything from every line I collect. If I'm making hard calls, I'd rather just have the crews than their villains/guest stars.

That being said, I want Sulu. I like Scotty and Uhuru and want to get them but I don't even have McCoy yet. I have Kirk, Spock, and Picard. My vote goes to the original crew member I like the most who is not Kirk and Spock. Mr. Sulu is badass on the show and even real life(I listen to a lot of Howard Stern where George Takei is a frequent guest.

I think a poll like this for Next Generation would be helpful too. If i'm being honest, I'd be more in for the whole crew there than for the original one.

Seems clear to me that the only clear result of this is it won't be Chekov or Kang lol. If QMX are smart, they'll do the top 3 vote getters pretty close together. I think Scotty is going to win but I think Uhuru and Sulu deserve to get made for sure. Again, I gotta say, give me Mr. Sulu! Chekov would be awesome but if he doesn't get made, we can all just display the rest and pretend our collections are set in the episodes before Chekov started appearing lol.

Chekov didn’t show up until season two. He was their answer to Davy Jones of the Monkees, hence the hair cut. But it would be really disappointing to get everyone but Chekov.

I know it's not really QMX's thing, but a two-pack with Sulu and Checkov would probably be a lot more tempting for people than either one alone. Especially if it meant saving a bit of money on one.

It's hard to please all of the people all of the time. I think they should do deals to buy individual figures as well as multi packs for those that come late to the party. I also think that putting in accessories for use with Kirk and Spock in with the junior crew might tease those that love extras into making the purchase.

THAT is a great idea. I remember when Diamond Select was doing 7 inch trek, they would try to pack one of the a list crew(Kirk, Spock, McCoy) with one of the B's(Sulu, Uhura, Chekov, Scotty) to boost sales as two packs. I don't HAVE to have another Kirk and Spock but if the only way to get Uhura for example would be to buy her with Kirk in, let's say, his dress uniform, I'd probably do it. I have a Hot Toys Stealth Captain America because I wanted a Steve Rogers that bad so I can see many biting for this kind of thing.

THAT is a great idea. I remember when Diamond Select was doing 7 inch trek, they would try to pack one of the a list crew(Kirk, Spock, McCoy) with one of the B's(Sulu, Uhura, Chekov, Scotty) to boost sales as two packs. I don't HAVE to have another Kirk and Spock but if the only way to get Uhura for example would be to buy her with Kirk in, let's say, his dress uniform, I'd probably do it. I have a Hot Toys Stealth Captain America because I wanted a Steve Rogers that bad so I can see many biting for this kind of thing.

Yeah I would definitely go for that kind of thing. And fortunately most of these alternate outfits don't seem like they'd be that difficult to produce, with their rather basic designs. Whether it's Kirk's green wraparound, his WNMHGB shirt, or his Mirror Universe outfit.

I for one want Chekov. Push comes to shove QMX I'll take a Chekov head & buy a second Sulu figure and remove the braiding lol

Aside from Uhura, who would need to be complete, if they wanted to go “cheap”, so to speak, just give us the heads and outfits, and we supply the bodies.

If I get the feeling we won't get Chekov at all then I won't be buying Sulu or Uhura either, it'll be Scotty and done for me.

Honestly, if it looks like we won’t be getting the rest of the crew, or it looks like we’ll be getting everyone but Chekov, I’ll be done. I don’t see the point in having only one, or three, of the four supporting characters.

If I get the feeling we won't get Chekov at all then I won't be buying Sulu or Uhura either, it'll be Scotty and done for me.

Just go for the season one line-up! Poor sales for Uhura would make it far less likely that they'd produce Chekov. You can't predict these things though, even where a prototype is produced.

Still, no Sulu would mean Chekov would be very unlikely. Uhura is harder to call as the only girl.

I am keeping the faith. I'd like to have the full crew by the time the 40th Anniversary of TMP is here one way or another!

Back