T2 Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, tough choice, but I went with the combat version - for now. I was convinced that these are identical to the Toynami version, although the teeth do look a lot more realistic on the SSC ones. The combat version's paint job (or patina if you like) is also much more realistic, compared to the Toynami one, that's why I got the combat version. The removable processor chip wasn't really necessary IMO, guess I wont be displaying that anyway.
Over all, I'm happy I got a chance to buy one, I was waiting a long long time for this. The Toynami (ES 1000 as much as I know) is very hard to find, or either too expensive.
I saw both Toynami's in real (shiny and combat), and it was hard to decide, which version I favored. The SSC version may be better, but the differences are very small (if there are any...).
Very curious to know the ES on these two.

Changed my mind and ordered the shiny version. The more I look at the picture, the more it becomes clear that these SSC versions are so much better than the Toynami versions. The patina on the Toynami combat bust looks... fake! The SSC version looks much more realistic. And the SSC shiny version has that same cold stare just like the Endo skull in the opening sequence of T2 has. It's as if the endo is really looking at you! Freaky!
I figure I can cancel the combat version when I get one of those popular:
"To obtain an exact count of how many pieces to transfer (to the EU warehouse), Sideshow Collectibles will begin processing credit cards for this item on ..."
mails.

I'll decide wich one to keep, once the US freaks have posted some pictures. One of the few advantages of getting all the SSC stuff so late in the EU!

Last edited:
Before this thread completely dies (last post december!), I thought I bump it with some good news. For me at least. I received my clean endoskull today, and it's a blast. At first I was a bit shocked, since the box had the biggest hole in it, I've ever seen on one of my SSC orders! Sometimes, for larger items, there are one or two small holes in the brown shipper box, and the actual box is fortunately untouched. But not so this time! There's a large, gaping hole right to the styrofoam! Luckily the endoskull is alright though! It's big, and heavy, and it has that menacing look. Awesome. It's all I hoped it would be. I wanted one of those for years, but was never quite satisfied with what I saw (HC, Toynami,...). This Sideshow/Stan Winston Studios version is the one! As for the much discussed "flaws", the rainbow paint effect, and the scratches on forehead, back of the head, and on the sides of the head, are hardly noticeable on my endoskull. Not even worth treating with Novus. And I didn't have any problems with the batteries either. Love the way the light in the eyes fades away, when you turn it off. The teeth look great also, but the top row has a little crack, right in the middle between the incisors. Hardly noticeable, but if you look closely, you can see it. I wonder how it got there though. I think it has got something to do with the way the teeth are fitted into the jaw. I'm still not convinced by the micro ship though. I still think it is superfluous, especially since it looks so 'cheap' compared to the rest of the bust. But, what the heck! I have a great looking endoskull, and that's what counts! It really payed off to wait all those years for the right one. And not only in terms of looks, but also in terms of costs: all endoskulls I've seen in shops in Europe over the last years, where between $800 and $950, no joke!

LOL, having fun Alice?

Congrats on the piece.

I should have mine next week.

I also chose the shiny version.

I had the HCG version years ago but the teeth just killed me. They looked so bad!

Thanks! Yeah, I know what you mean, the teeth... The teeth on the SSC version look much better IMO, but I think some people over at the Statue Forum disagree. This SSC endoskull bust looks so good, I just can't keep my eyes off of it! You'll love it too!

Back