T-600 Terminator Bust Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crusaderscollection

Freaked Out
Reaction score
So some people may say that I ruined the bust by painting it. Although it was movie accurate I was disappointed that it was painted so dark with brown and some black and you could not see alot of the detail. I did like the rust color but I had seen other pictures of T-600 busts that were more of a dirty/faded chrome. I decided to go all chrome with alclad and weather it myself to my liking. I kept the base color as I did like the way that looked. I think the bust came out looking pretty awesome looking, matter of fact I'm thinking of keeping it chrome for a little while. I know the larger T-800 bust is coming soon from sideshow and might buy that as well but I think this looks good and more menacing than the T-800 regular side bust.

Attachments

• t-6002.jpg
    t-6002.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 478
  • t-600.jpg
    t-600.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 460
Ultimately, I am going to weather the bust with some brown, black and lots of rust but allow a good amount of dirty chrome to show. I am also in the process of buying a rubber/latex mask to cut up and paint to look like the below pictures. Finally, will throw a old, weathered green cloth/scarf around the neck to look like the Hot Toys T-600 figures. I think this will make the bust look more realistic. Here is a link to more pictures of the T-600 on the movie set and behind the scenes.

Attachments

• Making-Of-T-600-image-04.jpg
    Making-Of-T-600-image-04.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 789
  • Making-Of-T-600-image-06.jpg
    Making-Of-T-600-image-06.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 492
  • Making-Of-T-600-image-03.jpg
    Making-Of-T-600-image-03.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 961
Cool, I guess you can consider him a T-600 General or something for now ;) I'm surprised you did the whole thing with one bottle! It's a big old bust. I always liked the rubber mask on these, I look forward to seeing that..

One bottle? I used a bottle just doing the HK tank. I tried the cut out mask over my old t600.couldnt get it to look right though

I think some weathering will improve it further. Some hints of rust and scuffs will give it a more realistic look. What mask are you going for ? Iv looked into this many times but there is nothing decent out there. A guy in germany made an awesome t600 mask but he never replied to me about doing me one. would love to get a decent mask on my one :)

I found these masks on ebay and here is the website to order. I've been talking to the maker who advised the masks should hold their shape even after being cut up. https://www.pilcrowdesigns.com/blanks-for-sale/mr-happy

Man that is an awesome find :) This must be fairly new as I have searched high and low for something like this ...

I was contemplating using a bald headed michael myers mask I know that sounds crazy but they do look similar. really appreciate the link :hi5:

Thanks for the link. I looked at the new myers mask when i was going to do the mod but couldnt find one cheap enough to chop up.

Thanks for the link. I looked at the new myers mask when i was going to do the mod but couldnt find one cheap enough to chop up.

Yea I thought about the myers and then I see someone use it for a costume and it looked pretty decent actually. This looks better tho. Im all over this :)

@gypsycatcher.... Where did you buy the pedestals in your display thread.the twisted looking one? Im looking for something similar and having no luck.cheers

@gypsycatcher.... Where did you buy the pedestals in your display thread.the twisted looking one? Im looking for something similar and having no luck.cheers

Hi buddy Next in the Uk used to stock them but dont anymore. I managed to get mine on ebay at a great price. I re[painted them white and they came out looking great.

Theres a Next factory store just round the corner might try there later otherwise its off to b&q for some mdf.your display has made me want more pedestals

Here is the T-600 bust with some old camouflage weathered gear on. The mask should be the next step. Then weathering the bust.t-600(1).jpg

Theres a Next factory store just round the corner might try there later otherwise its off to b&q for some mdf.your display has made me want more pedestals

Next do a nice high gloss plinth although i think its listed as a side table. The are around £70 I think but they are a good size with a real nice finish.
Yea I was super lucky with those. wont say what I paid and they were 10 mins away from me :)

Back