T-1000 NEW PICTURES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dekadentdave said:
Dillon or Dogget? You make the call:
8310_press04-001.jpg

7805_press02-001.jpg

Hmm...I think Dogget looks 10X better...yeah, its in the sculpt but the paint aps and the tootsie roll hairdo does nothing for the sculpt. I agree, SS needs to have someone else overseeing the production process. They should fire the guy they are using now.

Cheers,

Brad

Wor-Gar said:
Here's a picture that gives a better look at the hair color...

b1156.jpg

I'd say the best color is somewhere between the proto and the prod pictures. Of course, in hand it will be better. :cool:

160px-RobertPatrick.jpg

patrick.jpg

Better...? This picture is darkly lit with the top cropped off....hmmmm...not digging it...

Cheers,

Brad

I'd like to place my wager now that the final production model of Arnold will end up looking more like Matt Damon.

I think they got the likeness right. It's the dark hair and eyebrows that are throwing it off. It would also probably help if the production pic wasn't shot from a low angle.

So how many of you guys are going to cancel it now?

New Year's Resolution: To not make anymore pre-order decisions based on superior prototype images but wait until the final production shots and then get on the wait list rather than jumping the gun and buying half-assed painted figures that will need repainted anyway.

I think there are similarities between Matt Dillon and the product picture but not enough to say it looks like Dillon more then Robert Patrick. The only problem is with poorer paint ops and not the actual sculpt. I think Andy did a brilliant job.
I'll wait until I have the actual figure in hand to criticize the paint ops fully.

drbrad1975 said:
I agree, SS needs to have someone else overseeing the production process. They should fire the guy they are using now.

Cheers,

Brad

LOL :lol Easy guy

Batty said:
I think they got the likeness right. It's the dark hair and eyebrows that are throwing it off. It would also probably help if the production pic wasn't shot from a low angle.

I agree, for this one, I'd like to see straight on.

Batty said:

Not canceling :D

dekadentdave said:
New Year's Resolution: To not make anymore pre-order decisions based on superior prototype images but wait until the final production shots and then get on the wait list rather than jumping the gun and buying half-assed painted figures that will need repainted anyway.

Bit pointless when you can cancel without penalty. I'd stick with pre-ordering and then cancel if you're not happy. Heck you can even wait till in hand and send it back!

Batty said:

No way am I cancelling, I think the sculpt is awesome and I can't wait to get this guy in hand, certainly not gonna let hair tone stand in the way of having this figure, thanks for the grab Batty...

Here's a compare with the little picture Brad supplied...

newT-1000prodpics12-28-065.jpg
160px-RobertPatricklarge.jpg

Hair color is off -- going by this shot -- but I think its clear who it is suppose to be. Andy did capture that taught determination in his face.

The newest picture of the T-1000 almost looks like it was done by Hot Toys. It has that "vaguely close, but not right" look to the headsculpt. I'm really starting to dread what the T-800 and Sarah Conner are going to finally end up looking. Time to dust off that old Robert Patrick resin head I've got lying around....

Wor-Gar said:
Hair color is off -- going by this shot -- but I think its clear who it is suppose to be. Andy did capture that taught determination in his face.
I agree. Love the ears! :lol

Here's a much better compare -- I took a different picture where the angle is more or less even with the photo:

T-1000compare.jpg

The angular face is more evident here. Also, the above pic is in brighter light so the hair isn't as dark as the original below, here scaled to be even size...

t-1000compare2.jpg

Once Josh gets me some hi-rez versions, I can make a much better comparison.

Yep dude, a hair "dusting" or simple repaint and it will kill, you'll see.

And yeah, gotta love those crazy ears! :lol

Wow. Nice going Toe! Look at the actual sculpt now, not the hair color, the cheeks, chin, lips, nose, jawline and yes, ears LOL. This is a great sculpt Andy did, it definitely captures the look and expression I wanted for this figure...

I hate the hair... it is sloppy! It is making me think about cancelling. The arnold figure isn't that great either. Sarah O'Connor looks okay, but something looks off about her, it has this dirty tinge. I may just give up this line, very disappointed. The proto is a very nice sculpt and paint job, I bought it because of the likeness, but now it looks terrible.

Back