SW PAINTINGS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feroze13

Super Freak
Reaction score
Some old and new digital SW paints. It's an addiction. Hope you like.

BobaPOSTERdark.jpg

HothRav.jpg

padmeprime2.jpg

padmecrop.jpg

padme3flat.jpg

SOLO2.jpg

leiaflat3crop.jpg

ClonesFLATd.jpg

Feroze... I already knew you were an amazing painter before...

but these made me :horror :thud: :panic: :explode:

Do you ever 'trace' over anything? If it's all done by hand, then you are truly an art god. :bow (you probably still are, even if some things were traced!)

Incredible work! :clap

Amazing work! I must explore digital media...What program was used to create these? Photoshop? Sketchbook?

Feroze... I already knew you were an amazing painter before...

but these made me :horror :thud: :panic: :explode:

Do you ever 'trace' over anything? If it's all done by hand, then you are truly an art god. :bow (you probably still are, even if some things were traced!)

Incredible work! :clap

Very impressive, but I don't think these were done without at least some "tracing."

Dude, he adds depth and shading to give the image mere definition. Only then does the drawing really take shape. :lol

I usually paint in oils.
Reference is essential in either medium(physical and digital) if you are looking to achieve a certain look, but tracing isn't a requisite.
With a piece that is referencing actors or technology, reference is essential, and the pieces were made by working alongside that reference, to trace it would take the fun out of it, and would render the pieces generic.
The SW pieces, were made in essentially the same way as my oil pieces ; thumbnails, composition and work and re-work.
The knowledge gleaned from years of using real media can be carried over into the digital, the only difference is drying times. Here's a few examples of physical oils.

4947744729_faffc5efd4_b.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

4886098572_fd36eb1b07_b.jpg

I love your work but you know that .

If i had to say which are my 3 favs it would be the 1st 3 and Portman looks red hot :)

Just to let you know - these paintings have inspired me to attempt a rudimentary digital painting of my own...

I'm just using Photshop (with a mouse only, no tablet) over a scanned pencil drawing I did. I'll post it somewhere if it turns out ok. :wink1:

If you do any more like these, be sure to post them here! I'd love to see more.

Back