Supplies for Casting???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhatrulez

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all,
Sorry if this is posted somewhere else, but I need to hunt down a source for mold making and casting supplies. I've never done it before, but I want to try my hand at it. (Want to cast some Clone armor)
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what brand to purchase and from where? I'm in the US, so I'd like to get it over here.
Any help would be appreciated, my brothers!

Thanks!

Great Links, thanks! Has any one ever used the Smooth On product?

yea, i've used it. they make a quality product and are easy to order from.

as for casting clone armor, it would probably be easier just to buy a whole clone figure new, if you're referring to 1/6th figures. those will be some difficult molds for a novice. with the amount of rubber and resin you'll waist to figure out this process, you'll be better off just buying boxed clones from the makers.

i had a hard time making quality, air bubble free casts of heads and those are simple one part molds, and i even used a pressure pot and air compressor.

an easier thing to do would be to use the hasbro armor, which is really quite good, and just make copies of the medicom or eventual sideshow clone helmet.

Last edited:
Yes, that was sort of my intention. I want to make casts of the clone helmets, and maybe additional pieces like pauldrons and holsters. I plan on using the Hasblo ROTS armor, as I've used it before and it's not bad painted up. But I hate spending money on casted heads if I can make em myself.
Thanks for the heads up Cap!

Yes, that was sort of my intention. I want to make casts of the clone helmets, and maybe additional pieces like pauldrons and holsters. I plan on using the Hasblo ROTS armor, as I've used it before and it's not bad painted up. But I hate spending money on casted heads if I can make em myself.
Thanks for the heads up Cap!

OK, that's probably the best thing to do, cause when you get down to casting stuff like leg, chest and arm armor, you've got a fairly tough task ahead of you.

making copies of the head will be easy. smooth on has all kinds of literature they'll send you on how to make these simple one part molds. see their website for details.

I love OOMOO 25 and 30. You can also recycle the silicone by cutting it into little pieces to take up the 'empty' space inside the mold box.

Awesome help fellas! I picked up the starter kit. Turns out the only smooth on distributor in Florida was about a 20 minute drive from me. So I get to experiment this weekend.
Thanks for all the help. Here we go a casting!

Back