Superman VS Darkseid statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the Marvel VS pieces were much smaller than 1/6.....

Either way, I like the idea of Superman Vs Darkseid but I hate the FS on Supes and the pose isn't really much to be desired for. A little disappointing after the astonishing Superman Vs Wonder Woman piece.

No, the Marvel Vs. are about 1/8th - 1/9th as well. I think the DCD Vs. are slightly smaller scale than the SSC ones.

Darkseid is a poor mans Thanos:cool:

That's great.
But it is scary how similar Jack Kirby's Darkseid is to Jim Starlin's Thanos. One is a God, the other a Titan. One wants to subjugate all life, the other worships Death. One has the Anti-Life Equation the other the Infinity Guantlet.
It is like one was made with the other in mind...

Last edited:
thanos was much more powerful than darkseid ever was, though.
and don't even try to say dc never ripped off marvel's characters.

I don't think anyone would ever claim that DC never ripped off Marvel, but in this case Darkseid has a 5 year head start on Thanos.
You know what else is funny is that some may say Jim Starlin had Darkseid in mind when he created Thanos but it was not too long afterwards Starlin jumped to DC and created Mongul. It is a wild and crazy world out there.

Love this statue :rock ...but the base is rather blan. :monkey4

I'm still going to get it though. :monkey3

Please no Thanos vs. Darkseid fights.

I love both characters.

darkseid is all talk, and omega beams can't do squat to thanos, since they don't effect magic.

so, there.

Thanos doesn't have magic powers. :monkey3

He's a Titan. Most of his powers he was born with. A few were augmented by Death.

Try another link there. :monkey3

Oops! Marvel Database does not have a page with this exact name.

:lol :lol

I'll do the work for you. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanos

Thanos possesses a wide range of abilities, some of which are common to the Titanian Eternals, and others that have been acquired through bionic amplification, mysticism, and augmentation by Death itself.

https://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/t/thanos.htm

Thanos possessed incalculable superhuman power. By far the most powerful of the Titanian Eternals, Thanos was a mutant whose massive, heavy-bided body was born with the capacity to synthesize cosmic energy for certain personal uses. (This is a trait that Thanos shared with his father Alars and all Earthborn Eternals but not with Titan-born Eternals. Through still unknown bionic amplification, Thanos increased his physical strength and resilience to levels surpassing even the strongest of the Earth Eternals. Through meditation and certain mystical techniques, Thanos augmented his power in still other ways, enabling him to tap, transform, and direct vast quantities of cosmic energy for destructive force. His skin in nearly invulnerable, particularly against heat, cold, electricity, radiation, toxins, aging, and disease, and he can survive indefinitely without food or water even before his "curse" from Death left him immortal, unable to die. His mind is also invulnerable to most forms of psychic attack, and can project a psionic blast of energy as well as blasts of plasma/cosmic energy from his eyes and hands. Deadliest of all Thanos's attributes, perhaps, was his mind, whose superhuman level of intellect was totally dedicated to the annihilation of life.

OFFICAL MARVEL WEBSITE :lecture

https://www.marvel.com/universe/Thanos

Thanos possesses the superhuman physiology of all Eternals, granting him superhuman strength, endurance, reflexes, and agility. His skin in nearly invulnerable, particulary against heat, cold, electricity, radiation, toxins, aging, and disease, and he can survive indefinately without food or water even before his "curse" from Death left him immortal, unable to die. His mind is also invulnerable to most forms of psychic attack, and can project a psionic blast of energy as well as blasts of plasma/cosmic energy from his eyes and hands.

The only thing "magical" about Thanos is his "immortal" status granted to him by Death, who is a cosmic force of nature.

If you've read Annihilation you know that even that "may" no longer be true.

https://en.marveldatabase.com/Thanos_(Earth-616)#Abilities
mystical = supernatural = magic.
it's basically the same thing dr fate uses.
magic.

It's not the same at all.

Mystical

1:Of or having a spiritual reality or import not apparent to the intelligence or senses.
2:Of, relating to, or stemming from direct communion with ultimate reality or God: a mystical religion.
3:Enigmatic; obscure: mystical theories about the securities market.
4:Of or relating to mystic rites or practices.
5:Unintelligible; cryptic.

What's "magical" about that??? It's religious.

Not for sale untill december :(. Ill be 20 before i can get this thing then. Oh well. They should make a Superman VS Doomsday Statue too XD. Or have they:O?

Back