Superman Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
01oi5.jpg
03ol5.jpg

Have seen this before, is it a custom job? For some reason or another I thought I saw it posted here or statue forum when it was in the stages of being sculpted.

Yeah, it's a StatueForum custom dio. I believe the ES was 30. This is a pic. of the original prototype, the sculptor has since redone Superman's cape [looks much better now]. Mine is currently being painted.

It was for sale on ebay for about $1700 ish, I had the link, but it does not link up for some reason ... maybe the guy sold it off ebay??? I do remember the guys ebay id. It is apengiII . I have bought two statues from him before, I was happy with his service.

My best friend just sent me this link: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58753&page=3 showing a converted Alex Ross Superman statue that uses my 1/6 scale Christopher Reeve head sculpt. The conversion was created by Dan Fuller. How do I know this?.....because he is the ONLY person I ever sent a copy of my original head sculpt to not knowing he was a recaster. I helped get him kicked off this forum to keep other fellow sculptors from being preyed upon by this guy.

I sent Dan a head cast a few years back in return for a statue he promised to make for me of Superman flying using my head sculpt. He was going to produce one for me and one for him with my consent and that was it, nothing else. I did not give him consent to use it for anything else and I expressly made this clear to him in several emails.

I didn't know him well enough back then to avoid him like the plague! I discovered quite by accident when I did a search for Chris Reeve 1/6 scale custom head that my sculpt had been posted on Statueforum.com with Dizneeguy (aka Dan Fuller) discussing the use of it with another member. Dan said he was going to use it for all kinds of conversion statues that he had planned against my wishes. I managed along with Chris King's help (I got Dan to admit he was going to recast Phil Robinson's first 1/4 scale Chris Reeve Superman Movie statue too) and one other guy who had recast some stuff for Dan in Singapore to get Dan kicked off this forum. It wasn't easy but we did it. As a result he was kicked off several other forums when others came forth to complain that Dan had recast their work without permission as well. He will recast anything from licensed properties to independent fan work.....he doesn't care as long as there is money to be made in it he'll do what he wants. Now this guy is back!

I just wanted to pass this along to each of you in case you run into this statue on ebay or anywhere else. I NEVER gave Dan permission and as far as I'm concerned he has violated the Copyright Act of 1976. I will do whatever it takes to make everyone aware that Dan Fuller is a well known recaster. He has been kicked off several forums for blatantly stealing the work of other sculptors buy trading or purchasing statues and recasting them without the consent of the artist(s) who created the original work.

I just wanted everyone to know who created the original head sculpt for this statue and I DID NOT GIVE consent for it's use. I will do whatever it takes to get Dan to stop using my work for personal monetary gain. I will also be posting a thread on statueforum.com as well!

I am including a pic of the very same head sculpt created by me back in 2001 from almost the exact same angle as the Alex Ross converted statue that uses my head sculpt.

This is Dan Fuller's unauthorized use of my Christopher Reeve head sculpt on the DC Direct Alex Ross Kingdom Come Superman statue.
Superman_Reeve15tall.jpg

This is my 1/6 scale Reeve head sculpt cast in flesh colored resin that I used to produce a cloth costumed figure that you see below the unfinished version.
DSC00405.jpg

Here's the finished 1/6 scale Christopher Reeve Superman movie figure I produced back in 2001.
DSC02089_SM.jpg
DSC02086_SM_web.jpg

Great Reeve 1/6! I'm not sure who Dan Fuller is or if he's a member here. We have banned many other recasters though.

very insightful reevefan. thanks. so now the identity of the maker of this very very awesome Superman statue has been fully revealed. i have to admit though, i am by no means a Superman fan, but that statue is one that i will get in a heartbeat. you've done an excellent, excellent job with the facesculpt of the mighty Chris Reeve.

:blackbat

My best friend just sent me this link: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58753&page=3 showing a converted Alex Ross Superman statue that uses my 1/6 scale Christopher Reeve head sculpt. The conversion was created by Dan Fuller. How do I know this?.....because he is the ONLY person I ever sent a copy of my original head sculpt to not knowing he was a recaster. I helped get him kicked off this forum to keep other fellow sculptors from being preyed upon by this guy.

I sent Dan a head cast a few years back in return for a statue he promised to make for me of Superman flying using my head sculpt. He was going to produce one for me and one for him with my consent and that was it, nothing else. I did not give him consent to use it for anything else and I expressly made this clear to him in several emails.

I didn't know him well enough back then to avoid him like the plague! I discovered quite by accident when I did a search for Chris Reeve 1/6 scale custom head that my sculpt had been posted on Statueforum.com with Dizneeguy (aka Dan Fuller) discussing the use of it with another member. Dan said he was going to use it for all kinds of conversion statues that he had planned against my wishes. I managed along with Chris King's help (I got Dan to admit he was going to recast Phil Robinson's first 1/4 scale Chris Reeve Superman Movie statue too) and one other guy who had recast some stuff for Dan in Singapore to get Dan kicked off this forum. It wasn't easy but we did it. As a result he was kicked off several other forums when others came forth to complain that Dan had recast their work without permission as well. He will recast anything from licensed properties to independent fan work.....he doesn't care as long as there is money to be made in it he'll do what he wants. Now this guy is back!

I just wanted to pass this along to each of you in case you run into this statue on ebay or anywhere else. I NEVER gave Dan permission and as far as I'm concerned he has violated the Copyright Act of 1976. I will do whatever it takes to make everyone aware that Dan Fuller is a well known recaster. He has been kicked off several forums for blatantly stealing the work of other sculptors buy trading or purchasing statues and recasting them without the consent of the artist(s) who created the original work.

I just wanted everyone to know who created the original head sculpt for this statue and I DID NOT GIVE consent for it's use. I will do whatever it takes to get Dan to stop using my work for personal monetary gain. I will also be posting a thread on statueforum.com as well!

I am including a pic of the very same head sculpt created by me back in 2001 from almost the exact same angle as the Alex Ross converted statue that uses my head sculpt.

I'm curious, Kris - given your obvious admiration for the man, what kind of authorization from the Reeve estate did you receive to sculpt, reproduce, and sell his likeness?

Matter of fact, I see where you've also done to the same to DC IP's in the form of at least a Catwoman and a limited edition Supergirl "Maquette", both in the style of Bruce Timm.

So seeing how you're complaining here and other forums about having *your* work stolen, I'm sure you're authorized by DC and Mr. Timm to copy, reproduce and sell their IP and style - I'm just curious how you went about getting permission for something that's typically very difficult to get.

Look forward to your answer.
BR

This is Dan Fuller's unauthorized use of my Christopher Reeve head sculpt on the DC Direct Alex Ross Kingdom Come Superman statue.
Superman_Reeve15tall.jpg

This is my 1/6 scale Reeve head sculpt cast in flesh colored resin that I used to produce a cloth costumed figure that you see below the unfinished version.
DSC00405.jpg

Here's the finished 1/6 scale Christopher Reeve Superman movie figure I produced back in 2001.
DSC02089_SM.jpg
DSC02086_SM_web.jpg

Those are real nice.

I'm curious, Kris - given your obvious admiration for the man, what kind of authorization from the Reeve estate did you receive to sculpt, reproduce, and sell his likeness?

Matter of fact, I see where you've also done to the same to DC IP's in the form of at least a Catwoman and a limited edition Supergirl "Maquette", both in the style of Bruce Timm.

So seeing how you're complaining here and other forums about having *your* work stolen, I'm sure you're authorized by DC and Mr. Timm to copy, reproduce and sell their IP and style - I'm just curious how you went about getting permission for something that's typically very difficult to get.

Look forward to your answer.
BR

We are NOT going to get into a pissing match about the evils of recasting vs. what customizers are doing when they make a character that isn't available for their own collection. Yes, when a bootleg is sold in quantity then it's a different thing - but recasting someone's work without permission and then selling it is one of the worst things you can do in this hobby.

Superman_Reeve15tall.jpg

DSC00405.jpg

DSC02089_SM.jpg
DSC02086_SM_web.jpg

Thats really ____ man, the thoughts of your work being stolen is just awful. Fantastic sculpt by the way.
:chew

Hey Reevefan, if your interested in re-releasing those heads there's gonna be a big market out here, hint...hint.

Last edited:
Awesome statues guys! At some point I'd like to get the Reeves Superman statue.

But if Hot Toys' Reeves 1/6 figure is awesome too, then I'll be happy.

I've always liked the Superman Returns statues of Supes catching the airplane and the one with Supes and Lois flying above the Daily Planet.

Last edited:
I was wondering why the Randy Bowen Statue from Seinfeld costs so much money. I am a huge Superman fan more than any other character and I don't see a lot of statues I like. I am a big Chis Reeves fan and have his on order but I also liked the Bowen statue and I was wondering why the cost of this piece is so high? I asked the question in my video review but I thought this would be a good place to. Is there a certain reason? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwxN_br0meA

Does anyone know how good or bad the Jim Lee Hush statue is? I've always been curious, but $200 is getting into "needs to be really good for me to buy" territory.

0404_dcd_supesstat.jpg

I was wondering why the Randy Bowen Statue from Seinfeld costs so much money. I am a huge Superman fan more than any other character and I don't see a lot of statues I like. I am a big Chis Reeves fan and have his on order but I also liked the Bowen statue and I was wondering why the cost of this piece is so high? I asked the question in my video review but I thought this would be a good place to. Is there a certain reason? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwxN_br0meA

price is as is, i think, because of three things, 1) because it's one of the earliest dc direct statues ever made, 2) rarity 3) it's made by randy bowen who has not made that many DC items..

if you can get anywhere the $400 amount, i say that's a good enough price..

Does anyone know how good or bad the Jim Lee Hush statue is? I've always been curious, but $200 is getting into "needs to be really good for me to buy" territory.

you mean the "For Tomorrow" statue right? Hush was the storyline for Batman. FT Jim Lee Superman is a pretty good piece, in fact, it's one of the best Superman statues out there, along with the rotating daily planet globe statue and the WW vs. Superman statue. Superman's head sculpt in the 3 aformentioned stats are all how i envision Superman's face to be. it goes really well with the mini-statue as well!

here's mine when i displayed it 4 years ago together with my Batman Hush statue..

DSCF0001.jpg

give it a shot :)

Nice display!

I never get the pose on that Jim Lee Batman though, the right arm just looks awkward.

Superman Hush is the best superman around...Hands down. Alex Ross cover is second....That is until Cinemaquette Reeves is released. Then all bets are off...

Back