Superman sequel may be scrapped?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Logan's Run is as dead as Singer's attempt to restart Battlestar Galactica as a continuation of the 1970's series.

Seriously, I've stopped taking Singer seriously as a director, period. All he seems to want to do is more of the same stuff he enjoyed as a teenager, and he's just not bringing anything new to the table anymore.

I am more interested in another Supes movie than I am in JLA. We'll all be much older before we see either though. How hard can it be to make a dc movie?

JLA, I hated SR, Routh was THE only good thing, lame story, lame casting (Routh excluded) give me the LEAGUE!

Seth Gecko said:

metallo and braniac would be cool, but i'm really suprised it's not a bizarro/clone type of villian. the small shard of kryptonite pulled from superman's back with his blood on it says "evil clone superman next movie for sure".:D

and i also thought since there is organic material on new krypton, in the form of 3 dead luther henchmen, they would somehow be brought to life by braniac as super villians.

I have to admit I don't really follow DC but I think that a JLA film would require most if not all the principle heroes to have had a solo "origins" movie already. Unlike the ensemble X-men movies there is no common origin - i.e. all the x-men are mutants and that's all the origin that's required. If they try do the movie without it either newcomers won't connect to the characters or the movie will be so busy explaining backstory that the main plot will be neglible.

Just my 2 c

LordAzrael said:
I have to admit I don't really follow DC but I think that a JLA film would require most if not all the principle heroes to have had a solo "origins" movie already. Unlike the ensemble X-men movies there is no common origin - i.e. all the x-men are mutants and that's all the origin that's required. If they try do the movie without it either newcomers won't connect to the characters or the movie will be so busy explaining backstory that the main plot will be neglible.

Just my 2 c

if they did this, it would take 10 years to get a justice league film made. (with DC's history, it may still :rotfl

who really wants to see separate flash, aquaman, green arrow, and hawk man movies? i think a film with batman, superman and a bunch of lesser known heroes sells itself. all the audience needs to know is this bunch of good guys have super powers and fight evil. no need to delve into the flash's or aquaman's orgins.

A JLA film would be the DC equivalent of the X-Men. You have a big franchise with many well known iconic characters in the lineup. Of course Batman and Superman would be the headliners but you would introduce Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter and the rest without needing big name star power in those roles since they are more like supporting characters like Xavier's mutants. It would be one kick-ass movie if they went up against the Legion of Doom. I'm down for some JLA smackdown.

dekadentdave said:
It would be one kick-ass movie if they went up against the Legion of Doom.

if they don't have that flying darth vader helmet headquarters, i'm boycotting.:rotfl

Back