Superman REturns Customized Brandon Routh Body from Hot toys 2 in 1 version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also one of the few who like Routh! I've got a Man of Steel and Evil Superman hot toys so would quite like a Routh but he's so rare and the head doesn't look anywhere near as good as the others!

I'm also one of the few who like Routh! I've got a Man of Steel and Evil Superman hot toys so would quite like a Routh but he's so rare and the head doesn't look anywhere near as good as the others!

I don't think they will ever make a Superman movie that has the heart of Superman Returns ever again. They have proven time and again they don't even understand who Superman is on a fundamental level. That is why they keep failing to hit it out of the park. It has great reviews and did make quite the profit, but some people just don't get it. Which is fine. There are plenty movies i don't get(Or even some i don't watch at all because i don't like the premise).
No movie will ever be all things to all people, but Superman Returns is probably the finest movie we will ever see about the man of steel One that showed us that even if you can take a bullet to the eye and not even have to blink, there are ways someone you love can hurt you. I still love MOS and BvS. But they don't fly to the heights they could have because of a lack of heart in the characters.
As for the HT Routh, in hand, it's clear they hadn't perfected the layered texturing they use now, but there are angles where the sculpt is spot on despite the lacking paintwork(Regardless of which sculpt you prefer). I have one of the first edition, and the 2-in-1, and even the 2-in-1 sculpt has elements of Routh in there. I just wish i knew of a top class painter that could bring it up to date with a modern paint job.

Damn I'm really late to the party here, but that customization is really badass i think! Just found this post because I was looking to finally do something about my HT Superman Returns figure. Anyways, awesome figure!

Strange, I actually just put this figure on a Phicen regular male figure and I really like how it looks. I'll post pics later. I want to repaint the face again to do it justice but I think this is the final rendition of this for me.

Strange, I actually just put this figure on a Phicen regular male figure and I really like how it looks. I'll post pics later. I want to repaint the face again to do it justice but I think this is the final rendition of this for me.

looking forward to seeing it. You should've picked up one of Waruna's Routh sculpts. It adds a much needed improvement over the original HT sculpts

looking forward to seeing it. You should've picked up one of Waruna's Routh sculpts. It adds a much needed improvement over the original HT sculpts

i would have loved to but i usually cant afford customized sculpts, whic is why i usually end up doing it on my own. lol.

Hey, may I ask how you removed the suit? I desperately want to customize mine but not sure how I need to approach it without damaging a rare, hard to find & badass suit. Unlike most, I love Superman Returns & despise The Man of Steel film & current Superman approach, & I just wanna do my figure justice. Thanks.

UNfortunately, I can't help you there. My superman returns became a combination of stuff as I went through several changes. The head is the HT version, while the suit was the medicom suit. The body changed from tt20 to the Reeve body to the current Phicen body.

But the BVS superman also have a stitched back. I suggest to carefully unstitch the back until you are able to remove the figure. I would put a dab of glue on the end stitch so it prevented it from further loosening, put in the new figure and re-stitched it up again

Back