Superman Returns Brandon Routh Version Improved

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferrod

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Here's my custom of Brandon Routh Superman Returns. He deserves a credit for donning the suit with Justice. BUt the script of that movie didn't do him Justice. Without further a delay, I present my custom:

for more info: [email protected]

Nice work! I give credit to Routh for owing the role. He had some odds against him but he still carried the look and principals of Superman. He did a better job than Cavill.

Nice work on this! I've been really wanting to buy one of these myself recently so I could try to improve it, put it on a better body with Routh's longer torso, give him smaller and more accurate trunks, etc. But the only ones I see on ebay nowadays are just ridiculously expensive, so looks like that won't be happening.

Looks good.
Did you repaint the head as well?

Part of me is still dreaming that Hot Toys will for some reason make a special edition of Superman Returns 2 pack with Superman / Lex Luthor.

another custom for Superman Returns. I can't move on to other customs if i can't get this right. seems like i'm on track or close. but yeah- HS needs repainting and finalizing the cape before i permanently attach to his suit. now he doesn't look tiny side by side with MOS Cavill.

Almost there....
thanks for all who sent there comments. Appreciate all of you who for showing support to my custom. :) the removal of the suit is really painstaking and gutsy move. i had to hold my breath while removing it. my friends couldn't muster the strength to do what i have done with my SR. but with experience- you get wiser and sometimes numb to feel that removing the suit is complete uber waste of time. Wait till HT re-release a new version... I waited for this to happen and guessing from what it looks like- it's never going to happen. I'm glad i've done this.

haven't painted the HS and neck yet. but in time... don't know what to do at this point.... will be posting this on ebay. any takers? :wink1:

Almost there....
thanks for all who sent there comments. Appreciate all of you who for showing support to my custom. :) the removal of the suit is really painstaking and gutsy move. i had to hold my breath while removing it. my friends couldn't muster the strength to do what i have done with my SR. but with experience- you get wiser and sometimes numb to feel that removing the suit is complete uber waste of time. Wait till HT re-release a new version... I waited for this to happen and guessing from what it looks like- it's never going to happen. I'm glad i've done this.

haven't painted the HS and neck yet. but in time... don't know what to do at this point.... will be posting this on ebay. any takers? :wink1:

Looks very nice. what body did you use? how did you remove the suit? Also, I like the MOS boots with the figure.

Looks very nice. what body did you use? how did you remove the suit? Also, I like the MOS boots with the figure.

I used the HT Capt. America avengers body. I removed the suit by slitting the groove @ rear portion of the belt and pulled out the body carefully. thanks for the comment. appreciate the compliments.

he looks great man! always love seeing routh supermans. i have one repainted by darren carnall and i put mine on a body mix of reeve upper body, and regular true type lower with thigh plates on. hes an awesome superman. too bad he wasnt given another chance.

he looks great man! always love seeing routh supermans. i have one repainted by darren carnall and i put mine on a body mix of reeve upper body, and regular true type lower with thigh plates on. hes an awesome superman. too bad he wasnt given another chance.

Totally Agree with you.
He's a great superman with crushed opportunities. but Cavil is great too. Thanks for lovin my supes. this version is the best in terms of articulation and pose. MOS suit and body hinders great flight poses with arms stretched at front. i always see poses of arms at the sides, and hovering, but seldom in a forward position.

I used the HT Capt. America avengers body. I removed the suit by slitting the groove @ rear portion of the belt and pulled out the body carefully. thanks for the comment. appreciate the compliments.

Nice mod. After using the Capt America body, does the head works with other neck or works only with original neck that comes with the BR Supe head?

I still haven't modded mine and is preparing to do it soon.

Back