Supergirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a close up picture of the face I found on Facebook! Looks a lot better than the one from SDCC, that's for sure! Though I still think they should've fixed the hairline so that the hair wasn't pulling against it so tight. Still a huge improvement, and I'm sure that'll help get some people back on the order train!

12088035_10153732903309974_7830717377273129133_n.jpg

Still not impressed with the face or hair (in my opinion). The rest of the sculpt looks good, however. Still, a pass for me.

I really don't think shes ugly. I believe that much of the problem lies in the hair and forehead/hairline.

I really don't think shes ugly. I believe that much of the problem lies in the hair and forehead/hairline.

Her features are also a little strange. The flattened button nose, the overstated lower eyelid that almost looks like bags under he eyes. The Eye separation, which a bit wide and the very rounded chin. Supergirl has always been drawn with that mid-western girl next door blond hair blue eyed kind of beauty. This sculpt looks like they tried to add exotic features and it just became a mesh-mash on her face.

Her features are also a little strange. The flattened button nose, the overstated lower eyelid that almost looks like bags under he eyes. The Eye separation, which a bit wide and the very rounded chin. Supergirl has always been drawn with that mid-western girl next door blond hair blue eyed kind of beauty. This sculpt looks like they tried to add exotic features and it just became a mesh-mash on her face.

Strange I suppose but not ugly. I can point to many whom are ugly. :lol

I think they may have tried to sculpt her face just a tad too realistic. I would be ok with them going with a more comic book style conventionally attractive face...maybe the COH will be like that but I doubt it. I would bet the COH would just be the same face with a different hairstyle.

I think they may have tried to sculpt her face just a tad too realistic. I would be ok with them going with a more comic book style conventionally attractive face...maybe the COH will be like that but I doubt it. I would bet the COH would just be the same face with a different hairstyle.

I definitely think they went a more realistic route with her. I don't think she's bad at all. I don't think she's great, but she's a big improvement over what it was. That said, I still think they should have just fixed more. I think if the hair was down and she was more in a levitating pose, then it'd help all around. Her hair is being sucked upwards, which gives it all more of a windy feel.

Either way, I think they've improved it, but still think more work needs to be done -- even though I'm pretty sure they won't make any major changes moving forward.

I don't like the realistic sculpts... they are comic book characters, they should look like them. I think Ivy and Emma Frost have two of the prettiest sculpts from the past few years and their headsculpts were more toony IMO.

my thoughts exactly. drop hair down and move hairline forward...would instantly make it look so much better.

I liked the first one more. The new eyes looks creepy... :lol Pass unless we get a pretty COH. If it's this hard to get the proto correct can you all imagine the production horrors..... If they force it out then this will be a very low es maybe like 1500 or less? But still not enough for me to want it unless some serious changes comes up. I'm sure they don't want to do a coh option because it's saved for a evil black suit same old cutting corners version repaint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back