Super7 - Conan the Barbarian (1980s)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I see:

8davy0u7kst41.jpg

Man Super 7 dropped the ball. Why did the deltoids became giant balls???

They're going deep with the outfits in this line.

6398a19f-0431-41ca-b1d1-ba0142942a2d.jpg

f5a9d24a-3329-4d47-9329-c4fc9b619fa0.jpg

The previous Thulsa Doom and his henchmen came out looking quite nice, good paint apps and armor sculpts. It's a shame the proportions on the Conan figures are so odd. Looks like he's wearing skinny jeans.

Yeah I think I'm going to be in for this line too...I had totally dismissed it before, but looks nice.

That is what appeals to me, I would have played with these as a kid, and they would have had adventures with my He-Man figs.

Right there with you. :hi5: I'm all-in on this line, but then I'm buying them as toys, not miniature replicas. I'm pretty impressed so far at the just the sheer variety if nothing else.

If they made Rexor and Thorgrim, they'd better come out with Valeria, Subotai, and Akiro.

Got Warpaint Conan in today to go along with my armored Thulsa Doom. Their best Arnold sculpt by far and the legs don't look like skinny jeans the way they do in the promo photos. I don't know if they changed the sculpt or if the photos were taken at a weird angle, but upper- to lower-body proportions are much more believable in person.

Not only was the final product a great turnaround, but I'm surprised at how well it evokes the film character even with the MOTUC style. My only remaining criticism is that the sword is massively oversized, thus making the scabbard the equivalent of a third leg... or a tail. I just can't display him wearing it.

More good news: Wave 4 will feature Valeria, Subotai, and King Conan! I've been picking and choosing so far, but that'll probably be the first wave I go all in.

Last edited:
Got Warpaint Conan in today to go along with my armored Thulsa Doom. Their best Arnold sculpt by far and the legs don't look like skinny jeans the way they do in the promo photos. I don't know if they changed the sculpt or if the photos were taken at a weird angle, but upper- to lower-body proportions are much more believable in person.

Not only was the final product a great turnaround, but I'm surprised at how well it evokes the film character even with the MOTUC style. My only remaining criticism is that the sword is massively oversized, thus making the scabbard the equivalent of a third leg... or a tail. I just can't display him wearing it.

More good news: Wave 4 will feature Valeria, Subotai, and King Conan! I've been picking and choosing so far, but that'll probably be the first wave I go all in.

Well now you're making me regret selling my entire Wave 1 off. :LOL: I just got these latest 2 figures in the mail but haven't had a chance to open them yet. (Hopefully I'll be blown away too.) Did you get the Serpent version of Thulsa Doom as well? What did you think?

A snap of my current setup. This Doom is the only figure I bought from Wave 1, don't think I'll be going after Rexor and Thorgrim with the main characters on the horizon.

IMG_1102_S_small.jpg

Well now you're making me regret selling my entire Wave 1 off. :LOL: I just got these latest 2 figures in the mail but haven't had a chance to open them yet. (Hopefully I'll be blown away too.) Did you get the Serpent version of Thulsa Doom as well? What did you think?
I did get Serpent Doom as well, but wasn't as impressed with him so I'll be moving him on. While they improved the accuracy of the robe, they also made some frustrating decisions with his construction. The gauntlets in his sleeves are the same ones from Wave 1, so they've got those protruding snakes that tug on the material. He's got his Wave 1 belt under the robe, which adds girth to the waist and makes the green belt harder to close in the back -- an issue exacerbated by the fact that the belt is a soft rubber. You try to push the peg through the hole and it just mashes against the other end. Lastly, his gripping hands are a bit too small to hold the bow without stretching and none of them can hold the snake arrow.

What irks me is many of these decisions -- particularly the use of the Wave 1 arms and belt -- took greater effort and money to make. Had they used plain arms underneath, maybe they could've spent the leftover budget on better hands and a more rigid belt material.

Some videos of the new figures from Toy Bro:

Too late for me to go backwards on Doom now; I'll have to settle for the better likeness on this one. That shot of yours is fantastic, though. (But then everything is improved with ADI's Dog Alien in the shot. ;)) I was wondering if they were still going to do another wave, but if the above list is correct, they'd better!

Too late for me to go backwards on Doom now; I'll have to settle for the better likeness on this one. That shot of yours is fantastic, though. (But then everything is improved with ADI's Dog Alien in the shot. ;)) I was wondering if they were still going to do another wave, but if the above list is correct, they'd better!
The list is correct. It came straight from Brian's mouth. There are also plan's for Destroyer

I can see that wave having Conan, Bombaata, Zula, Malak, and The Andre the Giant Monster as Bonus extra.

1648578592716.png

Last edited:
With every wave, they up the ante on their Arnold sculpts. This is looking very nice. Glad to see he can hit his seated pose.

Last edited:
Back