SUPER URGENT! Bandai Chogokim 12"PM C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godzilla

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello everyone! This is my very first post on these forums, and a very urgent one too!

I have a very important question to everyone who owns Chogokim 12"PM C-3PO by Bandai. Could you please inspect the box, or the little manual which was included and tell me if it says anywhere that this is not a toy but an adult collectible? It is super important. I have to proove customs officials that this is not a toy, or else I will have to pay 27,5% tax instead of just 8%. I would appreciate if someone could take a picture of the box with proper information.

On the bottom of the box there is the following text:

Collector's model
Not suitable for children under 14 years.

On the bottom of the box there is the following text:

Collector's model
Not suitable for children under 14 years.

Could you send me a picture pretty please?

And thank you so much for the help !!! Collectors are the best!

Oh and by the way do you happen to know if this beautiful figure was produced in limited quantities? Does it say exactly how many of them were made?

Definitely NOT limited numbers. Bandai chokogin is a fairly mass produced line. Not as much as standard retail, but not as limited as sideshow or hot toys.

Oh and by the way do you happen to know if this beautiful figure was produced in limited quantities? Does it say exactly how many of them were made?

Sorry I didn't get to this last night, I pretty much went to bed after my last post. I was going to take a pic when I got to work, as my second 3PO box is there - but I've just looked at it and being from Japan, it has a Japanese text overlay over the original English print. I'll try to get to this tonight, but I've got lots going on at the moment and it might be tricky - you can't just have the customs people read the bottom of the box?

Last edited:
So by it being a toy, customs will charge you more?

Yeah I'm also curious how it works. Please explain? If it's no trouble.

Well, here in Europe we get to pay VAT + custom fees for pretty much everything we import from countries that are not part of European Union.
There is 23% VAT on most things except for some items, like ones that have collector's value (described by regulations)For those you only pay 8% VAT and 0% custom fees. In case of toys there is 23% VAT plus 4,5% custom fees:gah:
Quite a rip off, eh? Especially considering that there is no explanation for custom fees in case of items that are not available in Poland, and therefore they cannot threaten our local production. But then again, they try to rip off citizens in any way they can, and unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it.

Unfortunately the figure probably won't fit in category of items with collector's value, because polish law doesn't care about facts (that is what's the exact item's purpose, according to the manufacturer). It has it's own definitions which are mighty old and stupid.

Anyway, thank you alot for your help, I really appreciate it :)
I just hope the figure is allright (since they had to open the package to inspect what's inside -and you know how officials tend to treat something which doesnt belong to them), so I can enjoy it's beauty and forget about the unpleasant rest.

Back