Media Sunset Overdrive - Xbox One Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone playing this currently? If so how's the story and overall length of the game?

Got this, but I'm not actually sure if I like it. In any case there's a bunch of games coming up so I probably won't be playing it much.

I'm on the fence as well. I do want to play it, but I don't know if it's worth a buy or not. Plus, you can't trust reviewers to much these days.

This looks a little too goofy for me

Understandable, but aren't games supposed to be goofy? I don't know, to me it does look a little over the top, but in the same respect it looks fun as heck! Like a Saints Row, Dead Rising, JSR, hybrid. I'll probably end up picking it up. My worry is that it'll end up being repetitive(mission wise)

It's definitely goofy but in an adult way. They drop F bombs all over the place. The writing is pretty Damn funny too. I've been pretty busy this week so I haven't had a chance to play a **** ton but from what I've played its great. It's basically jet set radio with borderlands humor. Visually the game is awesome. The colors are bright and vivid and the explosions and enemies bursting look great.

I dunno, to each their own.

I'm glad its reviewing well. I still need to pick it up but it has been a busy week. Maybe tomorrow :hi5:

oh what i meant was, i dont want an xbox and this is another game that makes me not feel bad for not owning one. yeah ps4 has a small library right now but i feel like the games on it surpass what has been offered on xbox. the only cross platform game i want is alien isolation. im all for kiddie games but this one isnt a go for me by any means. but i will give it 1 good point, at least it isnt a cod clone.

Can't get into this one at all. I'm trying to enjoy it but just not finding it as fun as it ought to be.

I'm finding the game gets a lot more interesting as you go slongband upgrade your stuff. I had one mission where I had to shoot a cat toy out of a rocket launcher to move a robotic dog and the dog would explode on the enemies in these wicked attacks. It's not a serious game in the least bit but its also not something for kids. I find it refreshing from the billion other games that have to be grim and serious.

I definitely got the wrong impression of this one. The game is amazing. Once you get a little ways in and get a bunch of guns and amps, it really opens up and the fun begins in full. Im having a complete blast. The most fun ive had in a gamd for good while. One of the best games of the new gen without a doubt. If youve got a One, you really should check this one out and stick with it for a couple hours...it gets better the more you play.

That's good to hear because I wasn't crazy about it after an hour. I Wish there was more customization of your character though

Ended up picking this up cheap online, and ya know, its a lot of fun. Very goofy but that's the point. After replaying Halo 1 -4 via the MCC, I was in the mood for something lighthearted.....definitely check this out, esp now that its more than 50% off

Back