Summer Glau 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just wondering if I understood the loophole correctly. Do I still purchase off Trevor or would I purchase heads, fully painted directly from SilentSurfer if he was offering?

sorry for the lack of clarity, folks. I'm offering unpainted castings. I just wanted to show Silent Surfer's great work with the thought that it might drum up some commissions for him as he did a terrific job with her.. I wasn't clear about SilentSurfer's commission parameters, so I apologize for that!

best-
Trev

My signature statement has one loop hole, and it mostly concerns Trevor's sculpts. I often get batches (two or more) of Trevor's sculpts and paint them all at once, like I've done with Serial Killer and Bad Teacher. In these cases, I am willing to take additional headsculpts of the same thing and add them to a batch, even from new customers. This however doesn't automatically make you a repeat customer for future projects.

I have Summer, Serial Killer, Simon, Cameron, & Marty batches coming up.

I was just wondering if I understood the loophole correctly. Do I still purchase off Trevor or would I purchase heads, fully painted directly from SilentSurfer if he was offering?

I'm unsure of this too! I'm sure we'll find out soon enough though.

Hopefully Nathan doesn't take offense to me answering on his behalf but there seems to be a little confusion and he's a busy dude....

It's my understanding that Nathan will allow a few more head sculpts on his table as he paints them in batches. It doesn't take too much away from his other commissions if he's painting X of the same headsculpts all at once. So (again from my understanding of his quote above), he's allowing non-repeat customers to get in on the batch painting of specific sculpts since he's doing X of them anyways...

That said, I'm sure he's been bombarded and isn't really down to paint 50 of the same sculpt all at once. :thud:

Hopefully Nathan doesn't take offense to me answering on his behalf but there seems to be a little confusion and he's a busy dude....

It's my understanding that Nathan will allow a few more head sculpts on his table as he paints them in batches. It doesn't take too much away from his other commissions if he's painting X of the same headsculpts all at once. So (again from my understanding of his quote above), he's allowing non-repeat customers to get in on the batch painting of specific sculpts since he's doing X of them anyways...

That said, I'm sure he's been bombarded and isn't really down to paint 50 of the same sculpt all at once. :thud:

Thanks for that although I'm still unclear, do people still proceed and buy the sculpts off Trevolver and then possibly ship them on to SilentSurfer or do we purchase painted heads directly from SS that he has already received? Thats if we're lucky enough to get in via SilentSurfers' loophole.

Thanks for that although I'm still unclear, do people still proceed and buy the sculpts off Trevolver and then possibly ship them on to SilentSurfer or do we purchase painted heads directly from SS that he has already received? Thats if we're lucky enough to get in via SilentSurfers' loophole.

I'm pretty sure you buy the cast from Trevor and send them to SS as you would any painter. The loophole is that you can get the commission on his table, even if you're not a repeater, as well as bypass the normal wait time because they are all painted up as a batch.

gah.gif

I wouldn't wait to buy Trevolver's sculpt, look what happen to his Breaking Bad Walt, I see someone looking for one in the 'want to buy' section now. Get it now while you can.
Received mine a few days ago and it's just magnificent. Already drilled the neck and put it on a body I had and even unpainted she looks awesome. That flowing hair makes her look ready for action.

So I recently bought one of the sculpts but I am confused by the above comment. Do I need to drill the hole for it to fit on the body? As I thought it was already fine to go on a body.

So I recently bought one of the sculpts but I am confused by the above comment. Do I need to drill the hole for it to fit on the body? As I thought it was already fine to go on a body.

Doesn't come with a hole in the neck, you have to drill to fit the body you'll be using, Hot Toys or Triad or TTL, different sizes. I'm using a TTL I had and just drilled it with a regular small drill bit, then with one a little large and keep doing it that way till I was happy with it. Then I filed the neck post down a little too as it was pyramid shaped and I didn't want to make the hole bigger just so the bottom of the neck post would fit.

Was gonna use an Abigail Whistler body. Any tips on how to do it? As I would be worried about damaging it lol

Was gonna use an Abigail Whistler body. Any tips on how to do it? As I would be worried about damaging it lol

Hot Toys female neck post is round. I would first find the center in the sculpts neck and drill with the smallest drill bit you have, then work your way up making the hole bigger. Better to make it too small then to big. You want the post to have a tight fit. It's not hard if you have the right equipment. All you need is a drill and drill bits. And just go slowly.

Hot Toys female neck post is round. I would first find the center in the sculpts neck and drill with the smallest drill bit you have, then work your way up making the hole bigger. Better to make it too small then to big. You want the post to have a tight fit. It's not hard if you have the right equipment. All you need is a drill and drill bits. And just go slowly.

Thanks for the tips

I wouldn't wait to buy Trevolver's sculpt, look what happen to his Breaking Bad Walt, I see someone looking for one in the 'want to buy' section now. Get it now while you can.
Received mine a few days ago and it's just magnificent. Already drilled the neck and put it on a body I had and even unpainted she looks awesome. That flowing hair makes her look ready for action.

Thanks for the advice Toylion. I just sent payment to Trevor for one of each head both of which will be used as Cameron from Terminator:TSCC. Not looking forward to the drilling, I've never done that before - I better do some sort of test runs on something unimportant.

^As a Terminator fan who does not hate T:TSCC how could I not go for that. Once the head is drilled and painted this will be a simple yet really cool and official-looking kitbash of the character.

Thanks for the advice Toylion. I just sent payment to Trevor for one of each head both of which will be used as Cameron from Terminator:TSCC. Not looking forward to the drilling, I've never done that before - I better do some sort of test runs on something unimportant.

^As a Terminator fan who does not hate T:TSCC how could I not go for that. Once the head is drilled and painted this will be a simple yet really cool and official-looking kitbash of the character.

I was the same way with my first neck drill and it was a male head, bigger hole. Had to use a dremel, that was nerve-wracking. If SilentSurfer does paint your HS maybe you could ask him if he would drill it. Don't know he hed does that, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Back