Suggestions for luminous paint/ dye for ESB Obi-Wan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Day

Super Freak
Reaction score
I recently assembled a HT Obi-Wan from parts bought on eBay with the intention of making an ESB Obi-Wan to go next to my Yoda's Hut. Can anyone suggest what luminous paint I should use for the head, and luminous dye for the clothes? I've done some research and have a few ideas but any tips would be welcome. I plan to test them out on a couple of old Hasbro dollies before I put them on anything expensive. Thanks!

Are you thinking glow in the dark paint or something that glows under black light maybe? I believe glow in the dark paint comes in various colors. High lighter pens glow nice under black light if you can remove the ink and use that to dye the clothes.

Um I just would have taken a normal photo of 1/6 Obi-Wan in a pose, photoshopped the background out. Have him printed to scale of 1/6 on a translucent plastic. Then have a light shine through at a certain angle to capture his presence as being illuminated there, but not there.

Are you thinking glow in the dark paint or something that glows under black light maybe? I believe glow in the dark paint comes in various colors. High lighter pens glow nice under black light if you can remove the ink and use that to dye the clothes.

I'm not exactly sure, I'd just like him to have a kind of light blue sheen under normal light but glow in darker light.

Back