Statue Sucker Punch 1/4 Scale Statues by Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the seller have a right to sell his purchased product for whatever he wants and make a nice profit? Sure.

But not after he already had the statue sold to Vaako on pre-order. The seller was deceitful with Vaako and his business ethics leave a lot to be desired.

The seller Vaako dealt with outright lied to him and proved to be a petty & greedy basterd.

if no money exchanged hands there is no "deal". the only time something is SOLD is if money was already paid in advance. if the seller took his money in advance for the preorder and held it for months, then later said here's your refund because we cant get a babydoll for you....I agree that is messed up. but if it was a typical preorder which is basically a verbal reservation and nothing more, what is the big deal?

Does the seller have a right to sell his purchased product for whatever he wants and make a nice profit? Sure.

But not after he already had the statue sold to Vaako on pre-order. The seller was deceitful with Vaako and his business ethics leave a lot to be desired.

The seller Vaako dealt with outright lied to him and proved to be a petty & greedy basterd.

:exactly:

I think most people would be pissed off if this happened to them.

if no money exchanged hands there is no "deal". the only time something is SOLD is if money was already paid in advance. if the seller took his money in advance for the preorder and held it for months, then later said here's your refund because we cant get a babydoll for you....I agree that is messed up. but if it was a typical preorder which is basically a verbal reservation and nothing more, what is the big deal?

You do have a point but it's still a pretty crappy thing to do when someone preoders something with you and then you say i'm sorry i did everything to get you one, but couldn't get one. Then you see him selling one.

Ultimately the seller could do whatever they want. If they can make 3-4 times the asking price then that's fine but I don't like their practices especially if they are retailers doing it. I had 2 orders that weren't allocated but luckily I got one directly at GG.

Do I like paying premium price on a high demand item? Absolutely not. I would put 50% blame on this allocation fiasco that made people worried about getting it.

there is no allocation fiasco. The fact of the matter is, babydoll turned out to be a hotter item than the total initial edition size was. Gentle giant could not fulfill all orders for retailers when GG themselves are selling the product direct through their website. It is the retailers faults for taking in so many ____ing orders in the dark when they dont know for sure how many pieces the will be able to get. The retailers are the ones trying to make as much $$$$$$$$$$$ as they can by taking in 200 preorders for babydoll when there is no contractual agreement from GG on their ability to give them that amount of product.

Yet you idiots take it out on GG for setting their edition size in advance. You should be taking your frustrations out on the retailers for taking in way more orders than they can fulfill and not with GG. because as far as i know, anyone who ordered direct through GG got their baby doll statues. It's the cheap asses who wanted to save 10 bucks and order through a e-tailer that got screwed. Typical crybaby collector bull____.

If money was taken and then refunded then no harm no foul...same deal if no money was taken and only a verbal/written pre-order was agreed upon.

However the lies the seller told Vaako were wrong and made the seller look very petty & greedy.

well i ordered babydoll already a long time ago through his online store and also received an order confirmation by email (i didn't pay any money in advance ) , anyway you can say what you want but i don't think this a good way to deal with your customers , i really wanted to collect this sucker punch line so i searched and found another babydoll but i had to pay twice as much as my initial order price, if the seller really couldn't get me a babydoll no problem but in this case he just lied to me and kept the statue for himself to put on ebay a few weeks later , that's just wrong , imagine all sellers cancelling your orders for statues that are sold out and tend to be very popular , just to put them on sale again on ebay for higher prices...

Last edited:
well i ordered babydoll already a long time ago through his online store and also received an order confirmation by email (i didn't pay any money in advance ) , anyway you can say what you want but i don't think this a good way to deal with your customers , i really wanted to collect this sucker punch line so i searched and found another babydoll but i had to pay twice as much as my initial order price, if the seller really couldn't get me a babydoll no problem but in this case he just lied to me and kept the statue for himself to put on ebay a few weeks later , that's just wrong , imagine all sellers cancelling your orders for statues that are sold out and tend to be very popular , just to put them on sale again on ebay for higher prices...

Absolutely correct. If your seller hadn't outright lied that would've been fine. But he didn't, he decided to be a ****** and lie to you.

All so he could get a few extra bucks. :rolleyes2

there is no allocation fiasco. The fact of the matter is, babydoll turned out to be a hotter item than the total initial edition size was. Gentle giant could not fulfill all orders for retailers when GG themselves are selling the product direct through their website. It is the retailers faults for taking in so many ____ing orders in the dark when they dont know for sure how many pieces the will be able to get. The retailers are the ones trying to make as much $$$$$$$$$$$ as they can by taking in 200 preorders for babydoll when there is no contractual agreement from GG on their ability to give them that amount of product.

Yet you idiots take it out on GG for setting their edition size in advance. You should be taking your frustrations out on the retailers for taking in way more orders than they can fulfill and not with GG. because as far as i know, anyone who ordered direct through GG got their baby doll statues. It's the cheap asses who wanted to save 10 bucks and order through a e-tailer that got screwed. Typical crybaby collector bull____.

Oh I beg to differ. :cuckoo:The allocation was a complete joke. People who placed orders through the Diamond distributor got cancelled without noticed. Not only GG pulled the plug on that they decided to do this whole lottery crap on the Japanese baby doll. Here's a catch, you need to be a PGM to even try your luck on it.

The bottom line IMO, GG mishandled this whole situation.

so what? there's way more important things in life than a stupid ____ing statue. get a life and get over it.

Dude, I'm sick of your rude comments. You are further on ignore, I have put up with your shi* for far too long. You're an a**hole and I'm done with you.

Sorry to hear that Vaako.:(
I had a deal with an e-bay customer that lied to me about the number of Baby dolls he had in stock. I pre-ordered the statue and was waiting more than a year for the customer to send it to me. He almost cheated me and kept my money but fortunately in the end I could get my money back.

By the way yesterday I finally recieved my Baby doll from Japan. She´s more amazing in person than anything that I could ever imagine. I´ll post some pics of her tomorrow.:banana

I can´t believe that I finally have her.:yess:

Sorry to hear that Vaako.:(
I had a deal with an e-bay customer that lied to me about the number of Baby dolls he had in stock. I pre-ordered the statue and was waiting more than a year for the customer to send it to me. He almost cheated me and kept my money but fortunately in the end I could get my money back.

By the way yesterday I finally recieved my Baby doll from Japan. She´s more amazing in person than anything that I could ever imagine. I´ll post some pics of her tomorrow.:banana

I can´t believe that I finally have her.:yess:

that is awesome man! welcome to the party pal! congrats!

Sooo, I got my replacement amber from Amazon after the first one had a broken off head. This time there is a small chip on the neckline but otherwise great. I am just going to glue fix this myself as it seems fairly minor. Anyone know of a good glue I can buy at any local drugstore that would work best for this sort of thing?

Krazy glue or Loctite Superglue, which I prefer, work best.

sg_ug_cntrl.png

Back