Statue Styracosaurus Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMAG1096_zpsibxomgtg.jpg
surprised that no one sharing any photo about this since its released..
please dont mind that i got only 1 photo on hand

thank you...

I'd love to get it but since I'm just getting into this line, it's taking the backseat. Well, before the Carno anyway.

I had passed on this since I had the original and (though I wanted it) I couldn't justify the repaint. But I'll echo others and say the paint and coloration look really good from the photo. Would love to see more if you have the time?

That's cool that it'll fit in a detolf, since those are the only enclosed displays I have. Are there any others that will fit? I know the mosasur will if you take a shelf out above it, but there's also the weight issue.

I'm tempted to see if the dual detolf mod can handle the weight of the tyrant king statue, since it would be placed directly above two of the metal bars. Kinda risky for such expensive statues though

Awesome. Great to know, I'll have to hunt down one of those when I get the chance. I only have the allo vs camara statue and it is heavy so I have it on the base of my two linked detolfs. Like I said I'm hesitant to place the tyrant king on two detolf shelves because of the weight. But something like the dilophosaurus I wouldn't mind.

Unfortunately, this was another I was pretty disappointed in. While not as bad as the Carnotaurus, the paint app makes the statue look very plasticky. Not only are the colors off from the proto (where the whole dinosaur has more of a brownish hue), but the worst aspect is the glossiness of the paint. The flash pic below accentuates the shine, but it really is that glossy. Anybody picking this one up might want to think about clear coating it in a matt sealer just to get rid of the sheen.

This is the only one of the repaints I've seen so far to show this kind of finish, so hopefully it won't be found on future releases.

Sideshow%20Styracosaurus%20Statue_14_s.jpg

looks like a 30$ walmart toy, poor paintjob...:gah:

I had some problems with my Spinosaurus statue, the paint was completely matt and it was only airbrushed (like the Styraco) with no other effects.
Had to do a washing and added semi gloss clear coat to get a nice model.
It seems that the repaints were made in a different factory, the new tyrant king statue looks much better and more interesting, same with the mosasaurus.

Thanks for the pictures! What do you think? The paint application looks good from the images, so I assume it does in person as well.

i actually prefer the original paint job for this guy than the rereleased version.

i'm still debating on this one.The retailer i bought the stegosaurus from has this and was good enough to open the box and take a couple of pics, what do you guys think, £160 which is a good price, same for the carnotoaurus
20150926_130723-1.jpg
20150926_130803-1.jpg

Back