Street Fighter X Tekken

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Street Fighter X Tekken Announced

Wouldn't the SF characters have a bit of an unfair advantage considering most of them have projectiles?

I think in this Capcom version of the game, they can balance it in the sense that lots of Street Fighters also didn't have projectiles, like Cammy, Bison, Balrog, etc, and they all do just fine. But I do see the problem in Namco's version of the game, where they'll be introducing lots of projectile heavy characters into their own game and it probably won't feel like playing Tekken anymore.

You forget that SF characters like the ones you mentioned are tailor made to counteract projectile-throwing characters; moves that can quickly close the gap or aid in evading a fireball. Tekken characters don't have those mechanics, from what I remember.

You forget that SF characters like the ones you mentioned are tailor made to counteract projectile-throwing characters; moves that can quickly close the gap or aid in evading a fireball. Tekken characters don't have those mechanics, from what I remember.

There are ways to beat any character. I'm sure the Tekken characters will be just fine in the game.

There are ways to beat any character. I'm sure the Tekken characters will be just fine in the game.

True, but I doubt the Tekken characters will be left untouched in these crossover games. I think Namco and/or Capcom will tweak the Tekken characters enough so they have an equal footing. Think about the SF characters Theokan mentioned in his post (Cammy, Bison, Balrog). They each have special moves that get them around the stage quickly or make it easy to evade a projectile. Which Tekken characters have that?

Consider that a character like Steve Fox from Tekken would be severely pointless in a Street Fighter game that already has Balrog or Dudley. That's just one example.

True, but I doubt the Tekken characters will be left untouched in these crossover games. I think Namco and/or Capcom will tweak the Tekken characters enough so they have an equal footing. Think about the SF characters Theokan mentioned in his post (Cammy, Bison, Balrog). They each have special moves that get them around the stage quickly or make it easy to evade a projectile. Which Tekken characters have that?

Consider that a character like Steve Fox from Tekken would be severely pointless in a Street Fighter game that already has Balrog or Dudley. That's just one example.

Well in the video showed, Ryu got owned. Is Steve Fox going to be in the game? Just have to wait and see if they put out more videos.

Tekken Vs SF would be fine right... since you could just side step.

I'd rather play TXSF. I am not into the cartoony look of SF games, but I love the characters. Should be cool to see them in the more realistic Tekken world.

Well in the video showed, Ryu got owned. Is Steve Fox going to be in the game? Just have to wait and see if they put out more videos.

Tekken Vs SF would be fine right... since you could just side step.

Are we watching the same video? It looked like Ryu and Kazuya traded some blows but they're both standing at the end. It's obviously a staged video, so who knows how balanced the actual gameplay will be. I do wonder about that crouching dash maneuver Kazuya had in that vid though. I hope that's not a universal move.

I did not say Steve Fox was going to be in the game, I was just presenting one example of a Tekken character that would require some tweaks in order to stand a chance against his/her equivalent SF 'type', i.e. Marshal Law vs. Fei Long, etc etc.

I'm talking purely about SFvsT, but you're right TvsSF should be fine.

I'd rather play TXSF. I am not into the cartoony look of SF games, but I love the characters. Should be cool to see them in the more realistic Tekken world.

You don't remember the Street Fighter EX series?

a57d736ea7235d7743fb4a0bb9bd59ee-Street_Fighter_EX3.jpg

eh, that's disappointing...I just hope Honda and blanka make it in. Honda seems to be left out a lot.

Tekken vs. SF is being developed by Namco and using the Tekken 6 engine and will be in full 3D.

I think it's goiing to be like that one game Namco/Square made,Ehrnzi...basically the fighting game with the FF7 cast. free range

Are we watching the same video? It looked like Ryu and Kazuya traded some blows but they're both standing at the end. It's obviously a staged video, so who knows how balanced the actual gameplay will be. I do wonder about that crouching dash maneuver Kazuya had in that vid though. I hope that's not a universal move.

Ryu got his ass kicked by Kazuya. Sure Ryu got in some good hits there but then Kazuya went crazy and won the fight, obviously the stances at the end was set up not showing one side superior to the other, but if that was a real round Kazuya would have won and Ryu would have been on the ground.

I can see them adding some moves to Tekken characters arsenal's to balance it out...such as the super Kazuya pulled at the end there.

Captivate 2011 SFXT cinematic trailer:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KLQ1aCOSQos" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

new gameplay trailer:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RSKidYxGzcQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Confirmed roster so far:

SF
Ryu
Ken
Chun-li
Guile
Abel

Tekken
Kazuya
Nina
Craig
King
Bob

Yep. We've only seen SFXT, not TXSF.

SF vs. Tekken is developed my Capcom using the SF4 engine and the 2.5

Tekken vs. SF is being developed by Namco and using the Tekken 6 engine and will be in full 3D.

I'm going with Namco's Tekken 6 powered version. I'm bored with the SF art style now.

I'm going with Namco's Tekken 6 powered version. I'm bored with the SF art style now.

Yeah im lookin forward to this well more than StreetFighter X Tekken.
i like what ive seen so far of it, even though this is all weve seen

tekken-x-street-fighter-concept-1.jpg
tekken-x-street-fighter-concept-2.jpg

Those 2 trailers were very exciting. Can't wait to see a video with Jin and I hope Cody makes it into both games. I also liked how in the interview vid I saw at gametrailers, the Capcom dude used a comparison with a cheeseburger to describe how the Tekken characters will work in SF x Tekken. :lol

It's cool that Ryu in Tekken x SF looks somewhat passable as a Japanese guy for once. I've always liked that Tekken actually has the Asian characters looking Asian, but doesn't lose any of the Japanese pop culture style (the Mishamas with their crazy hair and eyebrows, etc). I bet it'll be much harder to implement the SF characters with the Tekken engine rather than vice versa so I'm really looking forward to the trailer for that.

Back