Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that look! It works well and looks realistic enough while still maintaining the spirit of the character!

He's got the orange hair, the "primal"/corrupt features. This keeps looking better and better.

New pic of Ryu in his Street Fighter II apparel:

1978576_610269669054814_1179067879_o.jpg

I think the creators are gonna knock this out of the park. My only nitpick is that the costumes are too faithful to the game's, if that makes any sense. Ken's cosplay wig just takes me out of it.

I think the creators are gonna knock this out of the park. My only nitpick is that the costumes are too faithful to the game's, if that makes any sense. Ken's cosplay wig just takes me out of it.

How else should they look? The creators of this series are huge fans of the franchise and went out of their way to make sure the characters faithfully represented their original designs. If you want unfaithful costumes, you could always re-watch the Van Damme Street Fighter or Kristin Kreuk's Legend of Chun-Li :lol

This movie is also a period piece, so the timelines reflect when the games took place. It will be the late 80's/early 90's when Ryu and Ken are training. Even director Joey Ansah said Ken's hair would look ridiculous by today's standards if it took place now :lol

How else should they look? The creators of this series are huge fans of the franchise and went out of their way to make sure the characters faithfully represented their original designs. If you want unfaithful costumes, you could always re-watch the Van Damme Street Fighter or Kristin Kreuk's Legend of Chun-Li :lol

This movie is also a period piece, so the timelines reflect when the games took place. It will be the late 80's/early 90's when Ryu and Ken are training. Even director Joey Ansah said Ken's hair would look ridiculous by today's standards if it took place now :lol
I didn't mind the way Ryu and Ken looked in the Van Damme film. In fact, Chun Li, Cammy, Vega, Balrog, and Zangief all looked like live action versions of the game characters, without being Comic Con cosplayers. I even think Van Damme looked good as Guile, as did Julia's Bison despite being ill and underweight. The overall performances and screenplay are another story, but I find it a fun comedy.

You can't sit and tell me Ken's hair here doesn't look like a wig. Christian Howard is the spitting image of the game character already. Just grow out his hair a little longer and dye it blonde, and I'd be sold. It's not like they put a reddish-brown anime wig on Ryu to look more like he did in SF1/Alpha.

I just hope if they ever show Guile and Charlie, they decide to go with a less literal translation of their looks (and fashion, in the case of Charlie.)

Heh. I don't care about costumes. I care about the action; martial arts choreography and their ability to intertwine their signature moves (hurricane kicks, dragon punches & fireballs) seamlessly in the aforementioned.

I totally agree with what you're saying. Sometimes it's good to go outside the original box. Look at batman begins, dark knight, iron man, etc. It just makes things more believable and modernized. Let's face the facts people, there really hasn't been a good street fighter story in any of the movies. Even the animated SFII flic left something to be desired, and there's a good chance it wouldn't translate well to live action anyways. I commend what these people are doin, but I think they shouldn't have been so afraid to change subtle things like kens hair. The wig is too much. I'm just worried about how akuma is gonna look, because if they try to stay to faithful to his hair......oh boy. That's one hairdo that only looks good in drawings and some figures (and even then, they have problems with some of those!).

I didn't mind the way Ryu and Ken looked in the Van Damme film. In fact, Chun Li, Cammy, Vega, Balrog, and Zangief all looked like live action versions of the game characters, without being Comic Con cosplayers. I even think Van Damme looked good as Guile, as did Julia's Bison despite being ill and underweight. The overall performances and screenplay are another story, but I find it a fun comedy.

You can't sit and tell me Ken's hair here doesn't look like a wig. Christian Howard is the spitting image of the game character already. Just grow out his hair a little longer and dye it blonde, and I'd be sold. It's not like they put a reddish-brown anime wig on Ryu to look more like he did in SF1/Alpha.

I just hope if they ever show Guile and Charlie, they decide to go with a less literal translation of their looks (and fashion, in the case of Charlie.)

You're right, and I'd say at best Zangief and Vega were the only truly accurate representations aesthetically compared to the rest. Kylie Minogue actually resembled Cammy more in the Street Fighter Movie Game.

1353817904696.jpg

Ken's hair is quite obviously a wig, but the creators don't have a huge Hollywood budget so they couldn't delay production just to wait for Christian Howard's hair to grow. I'm damn glad we're getting a movie made by true fans without studio meddling for the true fans. So as a true fan, I'm not complaining about the aesthetics as I think they look damn great so far, especially compared to what we've been getting. Wigs aside, I'm hoping they simply just do everything right.

They're looking to do a World Warrior story should this one go well, and they're already looking at Scott Adkins as Guile. Meh choice, but like I said, not Hollywood budget. I'd imagine they won't go overboard with Guile and Charlie's designs, especially the hair. They did a lot of research and hopefully Military customs and regs is one of them when and if they get to them.

Even to this day Military ranks are still ****ed up in movies and shows. Was reading the recent Street Fighter comic the other day and Guile's rank has him with freaking three stars, meaning Lieutenant General. Even a quick look-up on wiki would educate them, it's a gold leaf for the rank of Major, which is what Guile is in SFII and SFIV.

Side note, Ernie Reyes Sr. played "movie" Akuma in Street Fighter the Movie the Game:

SFTM_Ernie_Reyes_as_Akuma.jpg

Last edited:
I totally agree with what you're saying. Sometimes it's good to go outside the original box. Look at batman begins, dark knight, iron man, etc. It just makes things more believable and modernized. Let's face the facts people, there really hasn't been a good street fighter story in any of the movies. Even the animated SFII flic left something to be desired, and there's a good chance it wouldn't translate well to live action anyways. I commend what these people are doin, but I think they shouldn't have been so afraid to change subtle things like kens hair. The wig is too much. I'm just worried about how akuma is gonna look, because if they try to stay to faithful to his hair......oh boy. That's one hairdo that only looks good in drawings and some figures (and even then, they have problems with some of those!).

Looks pretty good to me. Guess we'll have to see it in action:

AkumaHair.jpg

Also, this video from when they made Street Fighter Legacy in regards to character accuracy:

Last edited:
Back