Stormtrooper scale, does it really matter?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovefreestufftoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
One of my friends is a huge SW fan, but he has a son that is even a bigger SW fan. I talked to my friend about the scale differences between SS and Medicom and asked him if it would be weird to display one of each. My friend told me that it shouldn't matter because Stormtroopers are not like the clones according to his son. His son has read all the SW books and said that between EPIII and EPIV the "clone factory" was destroyed, so the Empire recruited regular people to be Stormtroopers. So does the scale really matter?

Personal preference really, they are each fine figs, but will be displayed on different shelves when I get them, the Medi trooper will look like a teenager in armour next to the SSC fig. so for me yes

Not for me ... For me matters the overall look and the SS Tropper looks worse compared to the Medicom Trooper. The SS Trooper looks so bulky.

I wouldn't display them together either. The Medicom is a ROTJ stormtrooper and SS is ANH

The scale of the body doesn't matter, but all of the armor in the movies are the same size.

Does it matter?

Body scale = no
Armor scale = yes

Not all Stormtroopers are clones, so it doesn't matter...

As for clone troopers though, they should all be the same size...

If you're displaying Medi and SS figs side by side, then yeah possibly, it does matter. Medi Vader, for me, is awesome, but it'd bug me if i had him posed next to a SS Luke or Leia and have them tower over him...However as individual pieces or part of a multi layered diorama, it makes no odds. A good example is my Jabba set up which consists of SS Jabba, Bib Fortuna and Leia /Boush, Medicom Bobba Fett, Hasbro Gamorrean Guard, Dengar and a Jawa, Kaiyoda C3PO & R2 and finally a Koto Max Rebo and band...All of them are of various height within a 1/6 scale but fit well together as a whole...

Don't matter to me, since they are not clones and there's bound to be ppl of different sizes enrolling to become a stormtrooper

Not only is the Medicom one shorter, but its proportions are a lot smaller all around so next to a SS one it looks like a kid in Stormtrooper armor.

Here's a pic that Glen Fett posted,
while overall height there's not too much difference you can see a big difference mainly in the shoulder height & the legs.

I'm with you dude. We need to see some pics of that dio. :chew

Cheers mate and Agent for showing interest! :duff Its a bit wip at the moment. C3PO was the latest addition. Waiting on SS Han in Carbonite to finish it off...In the process of moving, pics soon, i promise...keep you're eyes peeled :banana

Here's a pic that Glen Fett posted,
while overall height there's not too much difference you can see a big difference mainly in the shoulder height & the legs.

I don't know which is which but the sandtrooper looks emaciated to me. I'm guessing its a medi since its shorter. In its defense, without the side by side I doubt I would think its too think.

Cheers mate and Agent for showing interest! :duff Its a bit wip at the moment. C3PO was the latest addition. Waiting on SS Han in Carbonite to finish it off...In the process of moving, pics soon, i promise...keep you're eyes peeled :banana

Awesome, will look forward to it.

The scale matters.... Its not just a matter for Medicom being shorter. But all the proportions are smaller than Sideshow. Besides that yeah, it matters. Leia said to Luke "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"... to me that says that there were regulations as to how tall a Trooper could be.

Medicom looks great next to other Medi pieces (and frankly I prefer the look of the Medi-Han head on the Medi-trooper body than the SS Han head on the SS Trooper body).

Back