Storm Collectibles - Mike Tyson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The accuracy to detail on the 3 championship belts is perfection, hopefully the body has been upgraded.

HOw much this go for now? I'm new to 1/6 and want a Tyson. ebay probably the best bet?

HOw much this go for now? I'm new to 1/6 and want a Tyson. ebay probably the best bet?
The versions out now don't have the belts. Might be best to hang out for that one. Also, wait for the official pricing from Storm Collectibles, before jumping on eBay, since sellers on there might try to earn a quick buck by putting it up early, with some random exaggerated price.

What do you guys that own this figure think about storms excuse for why the body and arms are cracking? Saw budget Starks video and he was saying that storm blames the damage on the fact that climates are different outside of Hong Kong where they test the figures. Sounds bogus to me but at least they are offering replacement arms.

What do you guys that own this figure think about storms excuse for why the body and arms are cracking? Saw budget Starks video and he was saying that storm blames the damage on the fact that climates are different outside of Hong Kong where they test the figures. Sounds bogus to me but at least they are offering replacement arms.
Might be something in that. I think I rarely bump into problems with tearing & deterioration on my rubber body figures (from any company), except for the one Tyson body I purposefully went to town on, testing it's limits. My other Tyson body is in a museum pose, the other boxed, & the other in a proper peekaboo stance (that's the body that has it's inner elbows torn).

I remember the rubber Enterbay Bruce Lee body that had a reaaaaally bad rep. Simply deteriorating on it's own supposedly, while I have 3 of those EB bodies, & am still impressed by them. Not sure why most of the rubber bodies I own are fine (I pose some, but purposefully keep others, like Leonidas, in museum poses), but weather conditions playing a factor doesn't sound too far fetched to me. Whatever the case, it's a genuine problem for some, & something Storm Collectibles should have thought about & fixed before releasing. They know about it now, so I guess we'll see if they remedy the problem.

I feel like I'm good with simply getting the sculpts & belts on the new release when they are parted out, but it might wind up nearly costing the same as getting the whole figure, with the parting out prices some of these peeps ask for on eBay. I'll see how I feel I guess.

Great response Lawrence, I agree weather/climate could play a factor but I don't know. Tyson is a really beautiful figure and I really hope storm figures out a solution to their body issues. I don't know why more companies don't use the material phicen uses, it doesn't seem like people have issues with those bodies.

I wish they just offered a non seamless version. I'm perfectly fine with joints if it means not worrying about rubber damaging regardless of climate or posing or whatever other factor they come up with as an excuse. Just gimme a normal body and you get all my money.

Anyone emailed Storm about the replacement arms/legs?

Yep. I emailed them on Friday. Got response today that I need to email them pics of damage arm, leg and address. I'm just happy they are taking care of their Customers. Question is: How will these new arms and legs hold up? If they have same problems, Storm is f&%$! :lol

Anyone emailed Storm about the replacement arms/legs?

will be emailing them soon. mine hasnt ripped due to the fact i have been scared to pose since i saw the pics of it happening. so im going to request a new set of these updated arms/legs even tho mine hasn't torn yet. if they say no will be bitter for sure, will report back.

will be emailing them soon. mine hasnt ripped due to the fact i have been scared to pose since i saw the pics of it happening. so im going to request a new set of these updated arms/legs even tho mine hasn't torn yet. if they say no will be bitter for sure, will report back.

I totally agree with this. I'm going to do the same thing, I've been afraid to even move the arms and legs whatsoever and this shouldn't be the case.

Update: I emailed BBTS about the arms and legs and they are requesting that I send them damaged photos first. NOT HAPPENING! They need to do the right thing and send everyone who has this defective figure arms/legs who are requesting them. I've sent them proof that I ordered from them to even include tracking info. I'm getting very upset!

I totally agree with this. I'm going to do the same thing, I've been afraid to even move the arms and legs whatsoever and this shouldn't be the case.

Update: I emailed BBTS about the arms and legs and they are requesting that I send them damaged photos first. NOT HAPPENING! They need to do the right thing and send everyone who has this defective figure arms/legs who are requesting them. I've sent them proof that I ordered from them to even include tracking info. I'm getting very upset!

per wht we were told via budgetstark who talked direct with storm just cuz we are the USA should result us in gettin the new arms and legs. storm said that they didnt test the original arms in legs in a climate like ours and were blaming that on the tears so of course ours will tear per storm. so we need the new set of arms/legs if they have torn yet or not etc.

im going to email storm direct rather than try and go thru retailer i got mine from. will do that this weekend and report back.

I just got an email from Liz at BBTS and she confirmed that they are going to send me the new arms and legs at no charge to me. So it is in fact true that they will send you the arms/legs regardless of what condition your figure is in. I think there may have been a little confusion, but it's been straightened out now. I would make sure you email them all of your order information for proof and you should be good to go. Here is her reply:

Liz replied
Oct 13, 12:28pm
Hi Eddie,

Thank you for following up and the confirmation. We will be happy to send you a new set of arms/legs for the figure you have received. The replacement parts will be created as an order in your account (with a Customer Service payment applied) so they will ship to you at no additional cost to you and you will receive a shipment confirmation email.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions as we are always happy to assist you.

Thank you for your support, and have a wonderful rest of your week!

cool thks ebro :clap maybe i should try emailing retailer first then(manofactionfigures)

i emailed Storm, didn't get a reply

Sorry! You might be better off emailing the company you purchased from if it's not Storm. I've gotten a shipping notice already from BBTS so my replacement arms and legs should be here soon.

I hope no one actually believes this garbage.
You're not shipping them from Venus to Pluto.
Climate differences aren't going to cause a figure to tear and break the first few time you bend the limbs. Maybe over a long period of time and under continual strain.

How many reports have you ever heard of a product instantly falling apart because someone took it overseas? Zero.

Not even Enterbay have ever claimed that one,

Back