Storm Collectibles- Hulk Hogan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just showed up never received shipping info
" let us tell you brother !" IMG_3163.JPGIMG_3169.JPG

Thanks for the pics.

I have mine on the way, but that sculpt is state of the art from 2008. Can't help but see a cartoonish quality to it.

I'm sure my feelings will change once I get it in hand.

I had some pictures to load, but apparently I'm supposed to pay a fee to photobucket to upload them, so that's not happening lol. Anyway, in hand the head is slightly caricature-ish but it works well enough, at least for me. I also think the glasses could sit a little better with the plastic bandana, but again, doesn't ruin the figure for me. What does suck is that, on mine at least, the left wrist peg doesn't lock in securely so posing is somewhat problematic and it feels like the hand is going to just fall out. Not sure if it's the peg itself or if it's the slot inside the arm which would be a serious pain the ass to fix since its not a plastic arm. Sent an email to Storm so hopefully they make me right.

With that said, it's Hollywod ****ing Hogan and I'm more than overjoyed to have him in the collection. Wrestling in '96 was the best and I'd love to have more 1/6 figures made from that era as well as early 90s/late 80s.

This guy is so bad compared to the hulkamania.

So much less stuff, worse heads. Sloppier paint.

What a letdown!
I don't have The Hulkamania version yet, but I can agree on the Sloppy paint job. Overall I'm happy with it. Just waiting On The NWO Belt.:yess:

IMG_6147.jpg

Last edited:
Shockingly sloppy. The glasses wtf happened? The other colored ones were painted clean in the first version.

I slimmed the arms a lot (did this also to the first) repainted the white ones

I cut off excess stitched fabric to make the shirts fit better.

Next up cutting and fitting the cloth banadana (did this to the first also ) because the plastic ones look like crap

Then it's repairing the beard and moustach on both

When it's all said and done the heads still fall short of the first, which were also bad

I like the licenses storm is doing in 1:12 and 1:6 but their sculptors suck. Bad. Sorry to say, and their quality control is bad.

And their prices are frigging ridicous.

Most of my issues with them are in 1:12 area though.

This guy is so bad compared to the hulkamania.

So much less stuff, worse heads. Sloppier paint.

What a letdown!

Agreed, the Hulkamania version is much better.

You need to keep the glasses on this guy but the bandana doesn't fit right with them.

I hope the 80's Hulkster turns out better. I threw on an nwo shirt on him, not sure if I'm going to stick with it. Would like to see how others futz him to see if I can make him look better.

hulk.jpg

Anyone else still waiting on theirs from Storm?

And did anyone get a tracking number?

Thx

Back