Action Figure Storm Collectibles 1/12 Street Fighter V

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryu is back up on MH Toys. The release date is today!!!:yess:
Sarcasm intended. ;)

I assume the release date on MH will just get bumped another month soon. Really sad as I was looking forward to these guys, but not enough to wait 4+ months. I guess MH has that pre-order deposit there for a good reason, as without it I would have cancelled by now.

The mass release was just out in most parts of Asia this week. Heard rumours that the factory was overwhelmed with preorders for Ryu. Hence the delayed release. The initial minimal release in January was only for HK & Japan markets.

Anyway, its finally out now. I can say its the best Ryu figure ever made so far.

20170414_223613.jpg

The mass release was just out in most parts of Asia this week. Heard rumours that the factory was overwhelmed with preorders for Ryu. Hence the delayed release. The initial minimal release in January was only for HK & Japan markets.

Anyway, its finally out now. I can say its the best Ryu figure ever made so far.

View attachment 336171

Nice Ryu focus you have there! Even the SOTA one doesn't look so hot anymore. I do like the SF V design over IV.

Has anything been announced beyond Zangief?

View attachment 336171

Wow what a collection :hi5: I remember all of these versions. It's great to see the evolution of Ryu in action figure form over the years. I assume you will be getting the Figuarts version next :wink1:

Nice Ryu focus you have there! Even the SOTA one doesn't look so hot anymore. I do like the SF V design over IV.

Has anything been announced beyond Zangief?

There were a few that were briefly mentioned:
- Hot bearded Ryu (likely an exclusive item)
- Chun-Li (probably in the works)
- Alex

Wow this Figuarts version came out faster than I thought..in your opinion which version is better overall between Storm and Figuarts

Storm's will get my vote.
Reasons:
- Size is just right (not too small nor big)
- Sculpt is accurate to SF V game design.
- Articulation is top notch (using the concepts of 6th scale joints on a 12th scale figure is awesome).
- Colours are vibrant.
- Combination of high quality plastics & rubber being used makes the figure easy to pose.
- Joints are not too tight nor loose. Feels just right.
- The overall feel of the figure is great.

SHF's isnt all that bad. It is still a great figure but the only "flaws" that I don"t appreciate are:
- Eyes are too wide apart.
- Shoulders could have been wider and thicker to look like a man instead of like a boy.

A new Storm Collectibles P2 variant finally went up for sale, but it's a weird burgundy Ryu and its apparently not available to US buyers. Yay?

They better not make Blue Ken and Green Bison this much of a pain to get.

66b0b448082abf9c635eea4881e7af02.jpg

Only matter of time before Bandai does color variants for their Street Fighter figures too. Worse would be SDCC exclusives.

Behold all you maggots ... the mighty Lord Bison has arrived. :lol:

34463595095_cd56e93b46_b.jpg

Height comparison:

34422418086_0a87d95494_c.jpg

Comparison across different series:

34079026690_dd649358cb_h.jpg

Back