Storage for boxes and extra pieces

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ob1ob

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have a large walk-in closet that I have been using to store all of the boxes my statues come in. However I have run out of room, and it's become difficult to retrieve clothes (what the closet is actually for) because of the wall of boxes. So I have decided that they must all go into a storage shed in my back yard. However I have a few questions before I move them all out there. Should I be concerned about damage from heat, humidity, insects, etc.? I currently have all of the switch-out heads, hands, etc. in these boxes. What is a safe alternative to store these items? I definitely want to keep them in a climate controlled environment and safe from breakage. It would also be nice for easy access to change up the display of the statues. Thanks.

sorry, can't help you with boxes unless you willing to throw away those foam & plastic trays then you can compact out the outer box.

I don't want to throw away the Styrofoam. If I ever need to pack the figures due to a move or selling, then it would make the job much harder. A member on the other forum suggested to flatten the boxes to store inside and store the foam in plastic bags in the shed. That seems like a pretty good idea.

If you store the foam seperately I suggest you mark each piece. Would be a * to have to mix and match at a later time.

I don't want to throw away the Styrofoam. If I ever need to pack the figures due to a move or selling, then it would make the job much harder. A member on the other forum suggested to flatten the boxes to store inside and store the foam in plastic bags in the shed. That seems like a pretty good idea.

this would just take up more space since usually the foams/trays fits the box.

Honestly, I've gotten so tired of the damn boxes I threw them out. Grail item boxes too. My basement was a mess and my family were so upset. I haven't attempted to sell any of my items because they are lifers lol. I do imagine the great difficulty I will have if i ever decided to part with an item

Crawlspace in the roof. "Wrap them in plastic and away they go. I don't know why. There's boxes up there that have been there for years now.

Crawlspace in the roof. "Wrap them in plastic and away they go. I don't know why. There's boxes up there that have been there for years now.

i hope it's designed to withstand all those extra weights.

Back