Step up to Legendary Scale? Go all in for Life-Size?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Somatic

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Long time creeper here. I primarily collect Marvel, DC, and Star Wars PFs, but I'm thinking about getting into the Legendary Scale Format. Problem is that Sideshow seems to now be concentrating on just Marvel/DC for that format. We've been teased with Obi-Wan for years, but the Star Wars ones honestly seem a bit overpriced compared to the comic book releases like Iron Man, Wolverine, and Dr. Doom.

I've also had the Life-Size Vader and Fett in the back of my mind for a while. You guys think they'll be around $6000? They look amazing, but I'd probably have to sell some PFs and stop buying anything else for at least a year just to pick them up.

First off Welcome!

The LSF is kinda on shaky ground. I'd wait for the next SDCC before deciding as there's really no rush when it comes to them.
I bet the life size Fett and Vader go for around $6000. They don't look any more complex than Darth Malgus and he's priced at $6000. People thought Dr. Doom would cost more than other LSF, but he's also listed at $2000.

I love the LSF concept. Some here have made the mistake in thinking that all LSF are suppose to be 1:2 scale. Sideshow never said that.

What I find strange is that they labeled this line as "figures". LOL! :lol

i already told my wife that as soon as they offically announce the Life Size Boba Fett that im not buying any figures or statues from that moment on. im gonna save up and put away every dime I make cause I want Boba :)

i already told my wife that as soon as they offically announce the Life Size Boba Fett that im not buying any figures or statues from that moment on. im gonna save up and put away every dime I make cause I want Boba :)

But what about Vader?! You can't forget about Lord Vader!

save up and spend probably half the price SS will list their full size up and buy and build one yourself. It'll be more accurate and cheaper i'd say.

save up and spend probably half the price SS will list their full size up and buy and build one yourself. It'll be more accurate and cheaper i'd say.

It is difficult to disagree with the above. The life size droids had significant qc issues and 3po was way off. I have little faith that SS can provide accurate renditions, even with a hefty price tag.

Especially Boba Fett would be "easy" to re-create due to all the communities fixating on this character particularly, e.g. Dented Helm, RPF, etc. There are so many resources available so it should be managable.

Not to put you down on your idea, man. I think we all just want the best for you, and give you some alternatives. It's a rather huge investment after all.

you might get a great Boba costume and put it on a mannequin and end up way cheaper !

I will just echo what others have said... Build your own lifesize stuff bro. Sideshows will be waaaay overpriced and not nearly as accurate as recreating your own on a mannequin from resources available on the RPF, dented helmet or the prop den. Plus it's way more rewarding ;)

I will just echo what others have said... Build your own lifesize stuff bro. Sideshows will be waaaay overpriced and not nearly as accurate as recreating your own on a mannequin from resources available on the RPF, dented helmet or the prop den. Plus it's way more rewarding ;)

Spot on. :)

I didn't read to see if anyone else mentioned it but the life size busts are a good compromise.

Life size busts are great!!! I have 3 Fett,Gamorrean and 3PO and have just ordered Vader.... Big impact in a collection and for a fraction of the cost of a Life Size Figure

Life size busts are great!!! I have 3 Fett,Gamorrean and 3PO and have just ordered Vader.... Big impact in a collection and for a fraction of the cost of a Life Size Figure

Yea. I am so happy with my C-3PO and Fett busts. Especially because of this (haha, I know, I have posted this before)

:p

IMG_9734.jpg

Their busts are great but idealized! The pinch doesn't bother me on MR or SSC's 1:1 Fett pieces but I also have 2 more helmets. It would be a costly upgrade to go to the 1:1 busts for the helmets I have as well, that's why I'm sticking to them and hopefully eFx upgrade for Fett.

Back