Stealth Iron Man - Packing problem!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geto10

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sideshow!

Why can't you wrap Iron Man around just like you did with the base? I mean it doesn't cost anything extra (a few dollars maybe for the whole lot lol).

You'll save both time and money. No need for replacements, shipping costs and everything. Is it so hard? You disappoint your customers, you make them wait and you loose money on that.

Same thing happened with the T2 endo clean version.

I hope Dusty can at least reply to this thread so we know that SS heard about this issue!

Collector #1

ss_s_ironman_5.jpg

Collector #2

DSC07308.jpg

DSC07310.jpg

DSC07311.jpg

Collector #3

mlo46q.jpg

9stpxz.jpg

2j14vpv.jpg

2i6yzyo.jpg

There are 2-3 more collectors that received a broken one, but haven't posted any pics yet.

And those just started to ship out!!! :monkey1

Last edited:
that really sucks. looks like it may be a factory thing before the paint had properly dried. i read that there was some kind of anti-fungus applied. could it be that causing the problem?

that really sucks. looks like it may be a factory thing before the paint had properly dried. i read that there was some kind of anti-fungus applied. could it be that causing the problem?

Is the anti-fungus the oily stuff in Toe's vid? That's gross, your fingers pores absorbing that stuff. I don't see why they didn't just use some type of foam wrap (like with the GG pieces)

If the majority of statues have some problems, yeah, Sideshow needs to address this.:tap

Ouch. I feel sorry for people who buy these sealed on eBay.

They can file for a refund with paypal. If not with them, chargeback on their CC. Seller = loser.

I think the seller has to state as-is and no refunds in order to stay "protected" with ebay/Pp?

I had the same problem areas as geto, aside from the ankle chipping.

You'll save both time and money. No need for replacements, shipping costs and everything. Is it so hard? You disappoint your customers, you make them wait and you loose money on that.

I hope Dusty can at least reply to this thread so we know that SS heard about this issue!

Well every time I have had a QC issue (quite often as of late), I make the same argument to the CS reps that I deal with. I don't get that they haven't tried to crack down and improve things either. They have to be spending a ton of money on returns for shipping both ways not to mention the cost of manufacturing extras just for returns.

I can't believe that SS said in the arrival e-mail that they learned from the previous packaging issues and the packaging would be improved and so far it seems like there are a ton of early issues.

You know that SS will know it is an issue as soon as they start getting a ton of requests for an RMA's on these statues.

Last edited:
Same thing happend to my wife. It wasn't a sideshow or anything like that. She ordered a set of dragons for her sister from hamilton collection about a year ago. The first one was great. We got the second one and it was busted to pieces, we sent it back. Then we got the replacement and boom, it was busted up too. sometimes it's like they are so eager to get your money they forget to take the little steps to make sure everything is right.

here are some of mine, took them on both cell and a digital camera. There are 5 more shots missing from the digital camera, but the battery ran out of juice.

Picture132.jpg

Picture134.jpg

Picture133.jpg

Nasty looking squished insect thing. So much for QC
Picture135.jpg

:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4......BEWARE IT MAY CARRY A NASTY VIRUS FROM THE ORIENT...:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

yeah, I used to get them with the weta/SS pieces. I should have complained to them about that then. You could see their guts and wings. this one is just a small beetle or mite like thing, probably sufficated in the tape. It's going back with SIM, heh

If I catcha orient disease... watch the SIM go from fiasco, to epidemic. lol

I have EXACTLY the same scrapes on mine- same places, same thing. I am pretty sure they are underneath the clearcoat- as though they were moved while drying. Man- it would really suck i this affected a huge portion of them.

SIDESHOW, CAN YOU PLEASE WRAP MINE BEFORE IT SHIPS OUT! :D

It wouldn't matter- the scrapes are not from the statue moving around during transit- these are from some early part of the production process in painting.

this really sucks but sideshow can't be expected to open and inspect every single item that comes into their warehouse. they literally deal in hundreds of different items with edition sizes sometimes in the thousands. they need to have some sort of trust in the people manufacturing their products to only have to do spot checks of each line.

i picture several but not enough chinese factory workers being pushed to increase production, therefore rushing items out the door. production mistakes are bound to happen, like statues being boxed before the paint has had enough time to dry. i'm disappointed for myself and all the people that were wanting sim bad. what did it sell out in, like two minutes? qc should pay close attention to those highly anticipated items to make sure they are what they expect before shipping. doesn't help them to leave collectors disappointed and with the return pain. :( :( :(

****....hope mine is good....are all F'ed up? Anyone get a good one?...my first statue I buy direct and this crap...almost better off waiting until your local shop gets one and paying a bit more...atleast you can see it before buying...

I just spoke with (name withheld) at Returns as she is handling my damaged item. She said unequivocally that that items with ANY kind of Damage, paint, broken, whatever, will be replaced.

Also, that SSC will inspect each replacement piece and make sure there are no flaws before shipping it back out.

She said even if there is large number of damaged items, they can always get more from the factory if need be. :D

Also, that SSC will inspect each replacement piece and make sure there are no flaws before shipping it back out.

I have heard that one before and still received pieces that were flawed (paint chips on Predator Maquette on two replacements on the same foot really sticks out) and had to be returned again even though they were "inspected" before they were shipped unfortunately.

Back