Statues Or 1/6 Figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both.

But its funny I go back and forth on this all the time. At one point I was seriously considering selling off all my 1/6 and going exclusively statues (and busts) but the last year or so 1/6 greatness has gotten me back in the game to stay (for good).

Now I am regularly more excited about whats being released 1/6 wise than future statue releases. There's only a handful or so statues that Im excitied about.

But I love having a good mix of 1/6, (high-end and low-end) statues and busts in my collection (even some toy Tformers and Joes). I like the variety...

But I dont discriminate, I like all mediums and just collect what I like. Simple as that.

Statues just aren't that exciting to me as they just sit there and you can't much with them display-wise. The only ones I'd really consider are the Bowen Marvel pieces. Will likely pic up the Thundercat statues as time goes by though as they are first TC products in over 20 years.

I'll collect mini-busts but usually only after a certain amount of characters have been made. Like Palisades Joe busts, I didn't start collecting those until the line was nearly over. Mini-busts look silly to me in small numbers.

I collect a bit of each type...I have a few busts, some Pf's/statues, Lsb's, Prop replicas( UC LOTR Swords), MR Muppets and a Shat load of 1/6th figures...:google

I started out with just 1/6 but ended up getting a few PFs. I'm very picky on those though because I don't want too many.

Open up Ween... don't be shy... we don't know what you look like or what your collection looks like...:monkey2

PM me the pics....:naughty

no ????

I collect both and pretty much everything I really try to stay away from little action figures unless they are GI JOE because I just don't want a clutter display and that is way too much crap for tiny stuff.

So statues and 1/6 and not unless your are GI JOE or MOTU then action figs.

and no Bowen yet...

I prefer statues for comic book heroes since the style tends to translate best from a 2D artistic image, otherwise for actual people I prefer 1:6 figures.

1/6, prop replicas for me but I'm just waiting for the right couple of PFs to come along and drag me under like Planet Hulk or Avatar..

i collect all formats: pfs, statues, 1/6 figures, 1:1 busts and life-size prop replicas. basically, if i like it i'll buy it. i'm not an elitist in any particular format. each have their respective pros and cons.

though i do agree that for sheer visual impact, u can't really beat life-size replicas. they're very imposing and i believe they must be sparingly displayed. each piece must be given its due space to really impress.

one thing i'll never do is clutter my living space with nothing but collectibles. not only does it not do justice to the pieces, u just come across as a pretty UNcool individual.

Back