Statues damaged in house fire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beastlord35

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Four years ago a house fire distoryed my entire collection,mostly smoke and some heat damage. I saved all of them in hopes of cleaning and repainting them but that hasnt happened. So what I'm trying to find out is if these are worth selling. Its a lot of cool pieces like cave troll,ringwraith and steed and sauron statues. Sauron, morgul lord and cave troll LSB's. Saw life size puppet... Any feedback is welcome

Did you have fire insurance to pay for the damaged statues? I would say clean them up as much as you can and sell them for cheap, really the only thing you can do. Repainting them woud be way to much work and expensive to pay someone to do that.

Insurance gave me what I paid for each one but no way could I live knowing they ended up in a dumpster.

How extensive is the damage to the Sauron LSB? If the price is right & he is somewhat salvageable I may be interested. Sorry to hear about the fire! Hope it all worked out in the end.

The sauron LSB is one that I cleaned,primed and started repainting. It has no breaks or cracks

Wow, sorry to hear. That SAW puppet is awesome but trying to get smoke out of cloth is near impossible.

If you got the insurance money for it, you have nothing to lose imo. Just throw it up on ebay, let the market decide what it's worth. I remember a Doom PF that was heavily smoke damaged a few years ago from a fire and it actually sold for decent money. I think around $400-$500 if I recall correctly. So if you have a rare piece you can still salvage some money...

EDIT: I found the thread on Statueforum where collectors were talking about it and it was going for at least $600 with some time left:

https://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=99827&highlight=smoke

So I say throw it up on ebay and see what happens. At least it will be good entertainment for us to see what happens to it : )

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear about the fire!

I'd go with fear's suggestions, seems like the only logical route you could take in order to give them a good home or make use of them :lecture

You should try to put everything on here with pics, people will pm you .

picture.php

Id sell em.you will get something for them.there might be some custimizers that might be intrested,or if you know someone who can do it have them repaint and when you sell them split the profits.either way if you got back what you paid its not a total loss.

If its just a paint problemand the sculpts didnt melt they definately can still be worth something...anything can be repainted

True fire and smoke damage can never be repaired. Even repainted the statues may stink to heck forever.

But I am interested in seeing the pics.

Please post photos if possible. If you consider parting with the cave troll, and damage is not too severe, please pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back