Statue of the year.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2418.jpg

Cinemaquette Alien
This is my first choice and currently my fav. statue in my collection.

Interesting! Even though this isn't a very scientific poll or vote (some voting for one, some more) Lurtz is winning hands down!

So far...

Lurtz - 18
Predator - 10
Pumpkinhead - 7
Grievous - 4
Doom - 4
Hulk VS Spider-Man - 4

Everything else - 1 or 2

Gruff Old Bear said:
I didn't buy it, but my favorite statue this year was Clayburn Moore's Brandy from Frank Cho's Liberty Meadows. It's still going for retail. Maybe next year.

Thats a gorgeous statue. CS Moore is the man!

There's a tie for first place...

1t. Lurtz
1t. Ironman Comiquette
3. Predator
4t. Jaws
4t. Grievous

Darkness bust

Predator bust

Neither one statues,per se, but I got them this year and they are the best things I own.

Since I can only go on what I seen in person or own...

1. T-850 Terminator (Arnold Schwartzenegger) T2 Judgement Day Cinemaquette - This piece is truely amazing. Cinemaquettes are the only mixed media pieces that go above and beyond that of Sideshow's version, their 1/4 Premium Format line. As one should suspect from a MRSP of $1,199 USD!!! From the sheer heft (50-plus lbs) to the uncanny realism (actual real rooted hair (correct me if I am wrong)), to every spec of detail in his tailored outfit, there isn't anything I think comes close to besting this beautiful piece.

2. Gruson's 1/4 mixed media (Christopher Reeves) Superman statue - Uncanny likeness of Mr. Reeves from his face to his physique. Even his costume screams the 1970's, which has been fully capitalized by the fact the very first Richard Donner Superman movie was done in the late 70's. 1978? I don't know how old this piece is so please be easy on me.

3. 1/4 Premium Format Doom w/Chalice - This was probably more-so from 2005. Again, I am sorry if I am a noobie at this. After all, I just started collecting Sideshow statues months ago. I didn't even know of these forums until about this past month. Anyway I am putting him in my list because I need to let others know, what we all know already. He's probably the PREMIUM Premium Format. Everything about this piece screams gorgeous. From the detail, to the actual size, to the insane amount of love and attention applied to Doom's throne, to the character itself.

4. 1/4 Premium Format exclusive edition of Punisher - Love the abundance amount of accessories he comes with. Infact as 1/4s go, he's up there with the best of them. I love how the finest little details were applied to all of his weapons. So accurate to the real mccoys. Whoever sculpted this statue knew a little something of human anatomy. The way everything is proportioned correctly, to the muscle seperation in his arms. As a competitive body builder I have a great eye for muscle definition and his arms in certain photographs look so real, if you weren't looking at his face or anything else you swear they were (real). And now I am a proud owner of him!

5. Darkness Bust - The thing is huge and looks like it could be the centerpiece to any collector's collection. While I may not be into 1:1 scale busts, I must say he looks outstanding. I've only seen pictures, but when your eyes are always drawn to it over other pieces that are very exceptional, you know you have an instant winner. This despite the fact I am neither a fan of 1:1 busts or the character.

Next year in 2007 it looks like these bad boys could end up earning 2007 Statue of the Year honours...

Cinemaquettes' collection of mixed media statues; Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford), Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp), and Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen). Sideshow's 1/4 Captain America (I have him preordered), The Incredible Hulk, The Duke (John Wayne), and Gentle Giant's Slave Leia.

Last edited:
In no particular order:

Legend bust
Pumpkinhead
Predator Maquette
Alien Warrior Bust

Runner Ups:

Darth Maul Bust
Grievous
Lurtz PF
Im Ho Tep Mummy Bust
Hulk vs. Spidey

Can't Wait for:

More LOTR PF statues

Wish List:

A super deluxe vader 1/1 bust with helmet,shoulders and partial chest with light up electronics (yes I would pay up to a $1200 for it if it's done right)

How about a 1/1 scale ROTS Emperor bust to put next to Maul?

Jurassic Park statues !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (just a guess my friends)

Last edited:
Eli26 said:
I didn't even know of these forums until about this past month.

Well welcome, welcome. I would also go with Doom and chalice. I'm still kicking myself for cancelling him (didn't have the money at the time. had I known how great he was, I would have sold all the blood, bodily fluids, and bone marrow it would take to get him).

2. Gruson's 1/4 mixed media (Christopher Reeves) Superman statue - Uncanny likeness of Mr. Reeves from his face to his physique. Even his costume screams the 1970's, which has been fully capitalized by the fact the very first Richard Donner Superman movie was done in the late 70's. 1978? I don't know how old this piece is so please be easy on me.

good one.
I also don't know how old this statue but I get mine 1 of 18 in October and accordingly, my list from my own statues would be:

1- CKing's Superman - Christopher Reeve statue as he is the best PF imo.
2- Hulk vs Spider exc. - this diaroma is so huge and full of action.
3- Iron man comiquette - I start collecting statues after seeing prototype pics of IM. previously I was collecting unleasheds..etc but after seeing Iron man, I sold all my other figures.

Back