Statue collector guide and collection tracker now available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patient X

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey everyone. After many, many months of working on it, my site at https://www.statuehq.com is finally ready. The site started out as a statue price guide, but due to various circumstances I have scaled down a little bit. Even without the price guide, it's a comprehensive guide that I hope will be of use to collectors. As of now there are just over 6,000 statues in the database, nearly all of them complete with images and info. Integrated into the guide is a tracker to keep track of your collection as well as a marketplace to post your wants and your items for sale. Finally, the site allows for members to post reviews on any and every statue. Here are a few screen shots to get your started.

shq1.jpg

shq2.jpg

shq3.jpg

shq4.jpg

shq5.jpg

I hope you all enjoy the site, and if you do, I hope you'll be kind enough to spread the word. :) Thanks for looking!

Wow, this is the site that I have been looking for... All the past releases are there. Please make sure to update your website regularly. :)

Thanks everyone! I am definitely updating it regularly. I'm still working on filling in images that I'm missing (I have around 5,100 out of 6,100 statues), and I scour eBay looking for items I might have missed. I know for a fact there are some out there, I just need to get them added. I'm also planning on adding a functionality where members can add items.

Regarding the price guide, that's what got me started on this project, but it ended up falling through. I was relying on solely on eBay for prices, which I think is as reliable as anything, but when eBay stopped publishing prices on completed Best Offer sales, it made the data unreliable. I'm currently working on some ideas to get the price guide back in order, and if I can come up with something less reliant on a single source I will definitely implement it. I'm certainly open for suggestions as far as that goes!

Last edited:
Maybe just publish a price range of what an item has sold for in the past 12 months as a rough guage. This could be updated by users as well. Basically it would just establish a market price.

Thanks for this site its just what we need. Already registered and started updating my collection page. Now we just need more people.

Excellent site! Keep up the great work, as we are all very grateful!:clap:clap:clap

Regarding the price guide, that's what got me started on this project, but it ended up falling through. I was relying on solely on eBay for prices, which I think is as reliable as anything, but when eBay stopped publishing prices on completed Best Offer sales, it made the data unreliable.

I'm not sure if you've looked at Terapeak before, but it used to be part of Ebay's search engine until it became a separate paid service. Basically it's like an advanced ebay price search where you can see older completed listings that are no longer showing up on Ebay, and has a whole bunch of advanced features like charts etc.. Not sure if they will show best offers though, but I had an account few years ago, back when I had to sell some rarer items and needed to see what people were paying over the years, they work with Ebay to get the information but you have to pay a monthly fee to gain access to the marketing info.

-

Theokan, thanks for the suggestion! I'll check into that ASAP.

I've made a couple of enhancements to the site:

- You can now choose whether your collection is public or private. This allows members to show off their collection, but only if they want to do so. :)

- To expand on the ability to make your collection public or private, other members can now see the collections of members that choose to make their collection public.

- You can now see which members own particular pieces (again, only if they've listed their collection as public).

shq8.jpg

shq9.jpg

More on the way!

John

nice job, just signed up. Can you add the Sideshow Deadpool premium format to the database

Thanks Sixx! Adding Deadpool in just a second. There were a few newer pieces that I think got lost in the shuffle - I appreciate the heads up!

OK kids, I have pushed out a couple of great updates!

Add your own items - By popular demand, members now have the ability to add items to the Statue Guide! It's not restricted to the categories (franchises, manufacturers) that are already in the database, so you can add any item from any collection. You can even add an image to the entries.

Customs Section - I've added a Customs category to the Guide to allow for customs, commissions, unlicensed stuff, etc. This section will be entirely member-driven, so I encourage everyone (including artists who do their own stuff) to get in there and add some items!

I also made the item lists a little more text-driven and with fewer cryptic icons. :D

shq10.jpg

Stay tuned...more good stuff in the works! :)

Last edited:
Wow! I could only imagine how much time you (or your team) have put into the site. Great stuff! Thank you!

I'm pretty sure if I actually *knew* how much time I'd spent on it over the last two years, it would drive me into a deep depression. :D

Back