Starting my Collection!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

predatorJR

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
:bananaI just started collecting Preds and want to know which ones to buy. Already have the "Cleaner". Asking for advice!!!!!

If I was suppose to have just one Predatorcollectible it would be the Cinemaquette, but on the other hand its very expensive. Dont know which price-range you are thinking on, but the Predator Diorama is a statue that I like alot :)

I am hoping to get the Predator by Hot Toys. It is a new release and the Predator is based on the original movie.

I think slug is write in saying buy what YOU ultimately think is best for you. Do your research on the figures/statues and see what looks best to you and if its within your price range. I haven't bought any predators cause I was waiting for Hot Toys to make Predator 1. I never knew if that day would come but the day has finally come and from the look of the preview shots it looks like its worth the wait. IMO the elder Predators look cool but way too expensive. As the years have gone by the sculpting has gotten a lot better and Im really glad I waited for Predator 1. Good luck in your collection. Have fun and get the figures that make you happy. :)

it depends on what you want.
if you want your figures to look like the movie, then go ahead and skip all of the AVP preds.
if you don't care about that, then it comes down to what looks best to you.
if you're just in it for novelty/rarity/profit, then start with AVP preds and work your way forwards.

I'm in the same boat. So far all I have is the Cleaner. I'm waiting on a Pred 2 Battle-Damaged and have the Pred 1 preordered. Start with the main guys. Even if you don't end up with a huge Predator collection, these would still look great in an overall "movie/sci-fi/whatever" collection, know what I mean?

Personally I think that's a great start, and I'll probably hold off a bit - three main Preds is good enough for the time being. I wouldn't mind a Scar to finish off the main movie Predators, we'll see.

Either Sideshows or Cinemaquettes' Pred. maquette.
Sideshows' Predator dioramas are very nice, also.

Back