1/6 Star Wars The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Ahsoka Tano & Grogu Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's so ****ing perfect, remind me why are people complaining again? Other than the reason people like to complain about anything they can possibly complain about for no reason at all.
Well, it sure is a nice sculpt, but is nothing like Rosario Dawson, and it's supposed it's her, not a random interpretation of the character.
Not even the white marks are accurate..
CollageMaker_20210417_174202526.jpg

Re: Star Wars The Mandalorian - Ahsoka Tano & Grogu Collectible Set

Oh, no I didn't mean like... literally heavy. Just that I find in general HT's female figures have really short legs, so their arms look just a touch too long. Wonder Woman had the longer (and thicc) legs to balance it out.

Really? I haven't noticed that. I think they tend to use a standard body regardless of the character, so depending on the actress the legs can either look too long or too short. Nebula comes to mind, as I thought the legs weren't long enough. Hela was another one with short legs. OK, I guess maybe they do skew to the short side, as I can't think of any where the legs seemed too long. :lol Easier to add extensions than chop off the legs, so if they're going to err that's the way to go.

Holy crap does the likeness come to life with eyes looking to the side, especially that top pic. Okay never mind about the sculpt and PERS, total homerun figure IMO! :rock

That really does look like a living person :google

Amazing how even some 1/4 scale don?t look that real.

Well, it sure is a nice sculpt, but is nothing like Rosario Dawson, and it's supposed it's her, not a random interpretation of the character.

Rosario Dawson herself seems impressed with it as she keeps posting on her instagram about it, so if she's happy with it so am I.

View attachment 511157

The sculpt gives off a slight Arnold Terminator determination look right.

8EFFE3BF-2A94-47BA-BC26-C0EE4B4228DC.jpeg

She’s got his neanderthal eyebrow feature accentuated by the white stripe...

04774F59-D7C6-4D73-ACAB-BB0F0BF492B8.jpeg

Last edited:

Since Hot Toys decided not to include the base I want with the deluxe grogu release, I am considering 3D printing and painting to make my own for myself.
With some effort I could probably model something similar. I do already own an FDM printer, which would be fine for the stone parts.
I don't have a resin printer but I may actually get one before this figure releases, which would be better for the clear water parts.
I'd skip the nameplate entirely. It's not like I don't know who it is.

I may have to start firing up maya here and there in my spare time! We'll see.
M3lb7c4.gif

The sculpt gives off a slight Arnold Terminator determination look right.

View attachment 511159

She?s got his neanderthal eyebrow feature

View attachment 511162
Opening scene of her show, Ahsoka walks into the Cantina nude and taps Dr. Evazan on the shoulder, "I'm gonna need your clothes, your boots, and your speeder bike".
80868225a99516d711b7cf544dd90d0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Fantastic looking figure, over-all.

Not sure I'll get her, though. Still waiting (indefinitely?) for a Kuiil...

I wish I had room for this but I?ve already committed to TCW version of Ahsoka and Anakin. Congrats to those getting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since Hot Toys decided not to include the base I want with the deluxe grogu release, I am considering 3D printing and painting to make my own for myself.
With some effort I could probably model something similar. I do already own an FDM printer, which would be fine for the stone parts.
I don't have a resin printer but I may actually get one before this figure releases, which would be better for the clear water parts.
I'd skip the nameplate entirely. It's not like I don't know who it is.

I may have to start firing up maya here and there in my spare time! We'll see.

The water effect HT have used is more symbolic than naturalistic. It's so blue that it's like a swimming pool with underwater lighting. It's a nice effect, but the courtyard ponds were darker, and murkier looking. Those scenes seem to have been filmed with a yellowy green filter, like a poisonous looking fog, so I'm surprised HT didn't make their stand less grey.

51122299610_20946c2b0f_o.jpg

51118322332_a0bd35b3f3_o.png

I'll have to leave the water out, and just imagine its down there on the shelf.

I gave my stand another dry brushing of grey to lighten it further, and I think it'll do for me.

51120374017_555fb63a07_o.jpg

Does anybody here actual use those cardboard backdrops on permanent display with their figures? I’m trying to think if I’ve actually ever seen pics of people using them.

Does anybody here actual use those cardboard backdrops on permanent display with their figures? I’m trying to think if I’ve actually ever seen pics of people using them.

The only one I ever used for a while was the DX11 cell walls. I had two figures so used two diorama backdrops to make a three-sided cell.

Every other backdrop stayed in the box, which is where those cell walls eventually went as well.

Star Wars The Mandalorian - Ahsoka Tano & Grogu Collectible Set

I went ahead and preordered both versions. I?ll pose one in the cloak holding Grogu and the lantern. The other one will be in an action pose with lightsabers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only real gripe (besides thinking the sculpt could use some minor tweaks) is that the DX doesn’t include Both stands and backdrops. Will I use them? Unlikely, but the point remains that the DX should include both. Doesn’t make sense in my mind that the regular has something the DX doesn’t. Especially without any light up features.

Back