Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there will be much to complain about with Finn and the actor and his character for the Star Wars fans. Just making a prediction based on his interviews.

Compared to Jake Lloyd there won't be a lot to complain about at all I'm sure. But I'm sure super nerds will tear the movie apart regardless.

Remember back in the 70/80s when nerds hid in shame without the internet? I miss those days!

Don't let pu$sy fanboys determine what you like. The OT has some pretty bad acting as well but the movies work.

I think there will be much to complain about with Finn and the actor and his character for the Star Wars fans. Just making a prediction based on his interviews.

There will be much to complain about the film in general.

I've started making a list in preparation:

Disney's Donald Duck Stormtroopers - it's not even subliminal advertising, it's right there on their faces.

Colour-coded weaponry to assist with merchandizing so the police don't accidentally shoot too many kiddies.

Story retread.

Chewbacca's rejuvenation.

BB-8's potential to be the new Jar-Jar.

The film was made 30 years too late.

Feel free to add to the list. :lol

Both the negative and the positive hype trains are fully loaded ready to go.

I am not 8 yrs old so assuming JJ keeps me entertained and wanting to know what happens next in the saga, I'll be happy with the film. No academy award expectations for acting or story needed here. I have been Marvelfied to film making :lol

Both the negative and the positive hype trains are fully loaded ready to go.

I am not 8 yrs old so assuming JJ keeps me entertained and wanting to know what happens next in the saga, I'll be happy with the film. No academy award expectations for acting or story needed here.

That's all i need as well. And am fully expecting it. But the haters are lurking, waiting, for anything to hate.
If i enjoy the movie i might avoid the net cause i'm sure i'll be told why i shouldn't like something.

yup, love the line by Han...feels like we are gonna get ANH version Han 2.0 and not the weirdly cheeky ROTJ Han.

I didn't watch it. I have only watched official theatrical trailers once (or twice depending on which one it was). But this has me thinking.... Did Harrison Ford just go with the script in RotJ and not adlib any of his lines? A lot of his dialogue in ANH and ESB is supposedly adlibbed. He was quoted as saying something like, "George, you can write this s*** all you like, but you can't say it." :lol

I have a feeling that any kind of criticism will be labeled as racism and I think most people won't be too critical because of this. It has happened in the past already. everyone will get on the defend him bandwagon if anyone finds his performance to be bad

You've got folks complaining about the "diversity" of the cast but I think you're right that folks on the other side will complain they weren't given enough to do or were portrayed poorly. Finn wasn't written to be a black guy. They just cast a black guy in the part because his skin tone doesn't matter.

Jay Laga'aia (Captain Typho) is at the Sydney TFA event tonight. No prequel denial there! :clap

That guy was goofy. I could tell he loved being in that movie but I preferred Panaka. He was actually somewhat badass. Didn't that actor turn down the opportunity to return and they made Typho as his replacement or something?

I didn't watch it. I have only watched official theatrical trailers once (or twice depending on which one it was). But this has me thinking.... Did Harrison Ford just go with the script in RotJ and not adlib any of his lines? A lot of his dialogue in ANH and ESB is supposedly adlibbed. He was quoted as saying something like, "George, you can write this s*** all you like, but you can't say it." :lol

I didn’t watch it either, but I also wonder what happened with HF and ROTJ. Did HF just decide Han should be the comic relief of the movie and go all out goofy, or did Marquand the director tell him to be that way? Either way, it would be Marquand’s fault. He should have reeled HF’s performance waaay back. If you look at his lines/”jokes” on paper, they could be performed more seriously.

That guy was goofy. I could tell he loved being in that movie but I preferred Panaka. He was actually somewhat badass. Didn't that actor turn down the opportunity to return and they made Typho as his replacement or something?

I don't know about that, but when I saw the movie, I thought it was Capt. Panaka at first, minus an eye. I was pretty confused when it wasn't. It always felt like it should have been the same character.

I think TFA will be knock out entertainment but be mosty retread riffs from OT- very very strongly.We'll enjoy it but as time goes on shred it apart. Some will start shredding on Dec 18 I'm sure...:lol

I think TFA will be knock out entertainment but be mosty retread riffs from OT- very very strongly.We'll enjoy it but as time goes on shred it apart. Some will start shredding on Dec 18 I'm sure...:lol

We can save some time later if we start the shredding process now.

:lecture

I'm just hoping I don't hate it 20 minutes in like with TPM or ST:ID. After the prequels, I'm trying to keep expectations in line. It's pretty tough, I really want this movie to be great.

I like that the sabers look "heavy" again like in the originals. No over the top saber fights. Not that the PT didn't have a good one with the TPM... But I did not like any of the others.

There's that word again...heavy....

This thread is hysterical....Just caught up reading it from vacation....

This is a movie and all I hope for is a escape from reality for a few hours and to enjoy a continued story with my children....

At this point I am just praying that some major D*uche bag doesn't make this his day in the spot light and shoot up the place in the name of a bastardized ideology of some kind.

If so, it will be the end of cinema as we know it...you wont be able to go to the movies without patdowns and metal detectors...

Maybe we should all be wishing for a safe enjoyable movie instead of the second coming .....

giphy.gif

Prequels made you that bitter? DAMN!!!!!!! I mean, they almost killed my SW Spirit, but we shall see...

Or it could be the relentless in your face marketing campaign and promotion of it all.

:lecture

It took me 16 years to accept the Prequels. There's a lot I like in them, mixed in with things that no sane person should accept...

The problem is that the further a series goes from the originals, the more manufactured and self-referential it tends to become. (Tick off 'story retread').

Then there are those little things that set the tone, and the real reason why the films are being made: the black and white guns.

In the beginning there was a story (Star Wars - i.e. ANH). Lucas had no certainty how popular it would be, hence he asked for a low budget sequel to be written in the form of Splinter of the Mind's Eye. With every new film the certainty is solidified, and the merchandizing machine goes into overdrive. So the film itself is created in such a way to promote and maximize the collectables and toys. See already the number of variations of Stormtroopers from just one film; C-3PO's red arm; those coloured guns; a new cute droid - is Artoo already too long in the tooth?

Just so long as we know that the film is an extended commercial, and that 'head canon' supersedes whatever might happen in TFA. :wink1:

Still, I'm probably in for 1/6 HT figures of geriatric Luke and Han; Rey to pose as Camie; and the TIE Pilot because it's the only First Order design capable of matching the OT.

And then I'll see how I feel about the films in 16 years or so. :lol

Back