Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simon Pegg is a whiney little Crotchgoblin.

His entire career is based on his 'Geek' sensibility but the problem is that he just isn't. I honestly at tiems feel like the kid the Emperors New Clothes with him.

Slapworthy!

I like him and I assume those comments were very much taken out of context for a lazy sensational headline. But on the off chance it is not, it is a very silly thing to say, he's essentially alienating a large portion of his audience.

c4pxBku.jpg

I agree with him that the prequels are ***t but this same guy lashed out at Star Trek fans who don't like the Abrams movies. One rule for a Star Wars fan, another for Trekkies.
Yeah, I wouldn't even begrudge him for that, except his specific argument undercuts anyone being able to support the new Trek films:

I don't really have any respect for anyone who thinks those films are good. They’re not. (They’re) a monumental misunderstanding of what the (original) three films are about. It's an exercise in utter infanticide ... (like) George Lucas killing his kid.
If we shouldn't respect people who like films that misunderstand the source material, or that go against the approach of the creator (Gene Roddenberry in the Trek-verse) then a hell of a lot of disrespect should be flying his way. And mine to be honest. Because I enjoyed the first Abrams Star Trek film even though it had only the most cosmetic of connections with the original series' and films. They were straight ahead action movies, which Star Trek has never been.

Yeah, I wouldn't even begrudge him for that, except his specific argument undercuts anyone being able to support the new Trek films:

If we shouldn't respect people who like films that misunderstand the source material, or that go against the approach of the creator (Gene Roddenberry in the Trek-verse) then a hell of a lot of disrespect should be flying his way. And mine to be honest. Because I enjoyed the first Abrams Star Trek film even though it had only the most cosmetic of connections with the original series' and films. They were straight ahead action movies, which Star Trek has never been.

:exactly:

Yet he dismissed complaints from Star Trek fans using expletives as I recall.

I put Star Trek Into Darkness right down there with The Final Frontier. I think it's an embarrassing film for the franchise and would happily see it expunged from canon. And though initially I enjoyed the first film I have to say STID even retroactively soured me on that one.

Also, with how he publicly denounces the prequels and the way he mentions Lucas like that I'm amazed he has any involvement with the new films. I doubt Lucas would approve (if he knows about Pegg and what he has openly said)

I put Star Trek Into Darkness right down there with The Final Frontier. I think it's an embarrassing film for the franchise and would happily see it expunged from canon. And though initially I enjoyed the first film I have to say STID even retroactively soured me on that one.

Also, with how he publicly denounces the prequels and the way he mentions Lucas like that I'm amazed he has any involvement with the new films. I doubt Lucas would approve (if he knows about Pegg and what he has openly said)
My thoughts on Into Darkness parallel yours. My guess is that Pegg just isn't a Star Trek fan, so when he was involved in a Trek movie that was closer to Star Wars than Star Trek, he thought it was just great. And there's nothing wrong with that, unless you're going to say what he said about prequel fans :lol

I agree with him that the prequels are ***t but this same guy lashed out at Star Trek fans who don't like the Abrams movies. One rule for a Star Wars fan, another for Trekkies.

Well I would put the quality of the ST reboots a bit higher then PT. Acting is at least far better.

Having said that STID is pretty bad. I don't like it at all. I still feel it's better then any of the PT but it deserves some slamming for sure.

STID has not ruined my enjoyment of the first film thank goodness.

Great minds think alike! :clap

I was ok with the fist film creating an alternate timeline and giving free reign to whatever new things they wanted to do with the old crew...until they did STID. A whole new universe to play with and all they could do was rehash original Trek. It was pathetic.

Back