Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was afraid that the prequels would ruin my excitement for new Star Wars movies.

Leading up to TPM I was super stoked, as excited as I've ever been for a movie. Camped out for tickets, waited in line to see the movie, and then was largely disappointed when I saw it. There were some moments in it that felt like Star Wars, but not most of it. My expectations were certainly muted for the next two. I was afraid that I would just focus on the prequel experience and not get very excited here.

However, everything I have seen and read so far for TFA has me back to excited! Is there a danger my expectations are too high? Sure. But right now I'm just enjoying the ride.

Me to, but I from what I've read this feels like ep 4 all over again, hope I'm wrong

This just released trading card shows a new co-pilot for the "Falcon."

Chewie.jpg

Yeah, that's no news. Did you guys also see Finn in the cockpit with Chewie? And Old Han Solo as well? Should I be using spoilers?

Also, if that new trailer description is true, sounds really good.

Last edited:
I haven't read the new trailer description but without spoiling something... would it reveal "to much" ? I saw previous teaser and trailer and Im fine with them

I haven't read the new trailer description but without spoiling something... would it reveal "to much" ? I saw previous teaser and trailer and Im fine with them

YES! Don't read unless you want to know too much. Assuming its real of course. Could just be some fun BS.

BTW, did you know Rey flies the Falcon? Or that Kylo and Rey are brother and sister?

So we are supposedly getting the final poster Sunday, and final trailer and tix on sale Monday

It would be funny if they showed Rey with a Lightsaber and Finn without one. That would leave people guessing. :lol

YES! Don't read unless you want to know too much. Assuming its real of course. Could just be some fun BS.

BTW, did you know Rey flies the Falcon? Or that Kylo and Rey are brother and sister?

Is that what's going on, and here I was thinking that BB8 was Han's kid.

Muther******!

Last edited:
There is no chemistry between any of the actors in the PT cast. Individually several of them are talented in other non-SW roles, but they are wooden as hell in the PT. Ewan McGregor is the notable exception, he does everything he can to add some charisma when everyone else is playing it droll.

I think Lucas wanted it all to come off as somber and dark and doesn't know how to balance the tone. The Empire Strikes Back has plenty of humor and is considered a "dark" film.

I feel the same. I probably could have gotten past the ridiculously overdone cgi crap if there was anything resembling a decent story. I never believed Obi-Wan and Anakin were friends. Or that Padme loved him. And Anakin was a ****** most of the time so I didn't feel anything when he turned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't wait til these Diz Wars movies come out so folks will have something new to bash. The prequel-bashing REALLY needs a rest.

PT not worth the effort to bash- however they were dreadful..ha ha had to say it--again!

Back