Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His cousin is Lord "Snooki" from Jersey :lol

FNG4loV.jpg

Please don't make us New Jersey folk look bad, she's not from Jersey. :lol

Fine with Phasma, sounds like a Flash Gordon character, which Lucas constantly rifled. Some of the others though do not sound like Star Wars names.

Agreed on Phasma. I never had an issue. I think we'll grow accustomed to the new names. Whatever. If the names are the worst part of this that would be awesome.

Don't forget Jed Porkins and Mon-Calamari.

But like I said, those are classic basic-George names. Super obvious. Yes, I said 'super' like a girl.

Porkins for a fat guy. Calamari for a squid.

So what's a Snoke? Or a Phasma? Phasma sounds like a setting on your phaser. Snoke has nothing.... nothing. Sounds like Jar-Jar's pet.

Okey-dokey Snoke.

Lando. LANDO! As a kid I used to joke that his brother's name was Take-Offo. Phasma and Snoke have nothing on that.

Lando. LANDO! As a kid I used to joke that his brother's name was Take-Offo. Phasma and Snoke have nothing on that.

I know, but this started as a question about the villain names, not every name in the SW Universe. I mean, Boba Fett.

Anyway, I don't like Phasma or Snorkel... and never will.

I don't like anything about Force Awakens so far. I don't suspect I will.

Had the Original Trilogy as a kid, then Episode I years later. I think I'm good. My nostalgia for those days will always be with me.

Had the Original Trilogy as a kid, then Episode I years later. I think I'm good. My nostalgia for those days will always be with me.

I have to agree- everything I've seen and read so far is so underwhelming and just MEH.....the story points leaked are so pedestrian and cliched...
I guess maybe jaded by the hundreds of sci fi films I've experiennced since the OT..don't know..

Yeah will see, you would think all there effort would be to make this the greatest episode, but they know it will make millions anyway.

Yeah will see, you would think all there effort would be to make this the greatest episode, but they know it will make millions anyway.

Yes it will make 1.5 billion world wide- like Furious 7- proof it doesn't have to be any good as a movie!

There are some projects where you can see the trainwreck coming from the start. I don't see that with this movie. I think some people just want it to fail no matter what. I can't fathom the why. :dunno

I guess maybe jaded by the hundreds of sci fi films I've experiennced since the OT..don't know..

I think that's what hurt the PT. The OT was the first of its kind with no real competition, the PT followed years of SF blockbusters and ever-improving FX and maybe tried too hard to outdo what had come before.

I'm all for TFA being a great SW- has to be better than PT- which we all know isn't asking for much.
I'm just not caring much for what I'm reading if it's true...

I have to agree- everything I've seen and read so far is so underwhelming and just MEH.....the story points leaked are so pedestrian and cliched...

I'm all for TFA being a great SW- has to be better than PT- which we all know isn't asking for much.
I'm just not caring much for what I'm reading if it's true...

I just cant seem to get excited for this. I also grew up with the original. I was 5 when Star Wars came out.. My whole childhood was Star Wars toys!! :) And I still have most them!! I was excited for the prequels, and though I get why people dis them I still enjoy them. I think I enjoyed them the 2nd time around watching them with my kids when they were old enough. All the hate Lucas got confused me though. We grew up, but he was still making family movies so they weren't what we hoped they'd be. I just see too much Disney in everything Star Wars now.. The Clone Wars cartoon was getting better and better, then Disney cans it to give us the kiddie crappy animated Rebels... Very Disney like.... Every Rebels character looks like a Disney character even though a lot are based on McQuaries original concept art. And the movie? Dumb title, and when I saw the 1st trailer didn't care, 2nd was nice to see Han and Chewie, but the more I read Spoilers and all to find anything intriguing, but it keeps getting worse. All the characters look terrible. From the horrible new Duck Troopers to 2 terrible baddies, a chrome female stormtrooper, blah, to a Sith that looks ok until he takes his mask off and looks like a teen from a Disney channel show, and that awful lightsaber!! :pfft: People are gonna get a non Lucas Star Wars movie alright... The Lucas haters are gonna be crying for his return or hating they chased him off!!

Back