Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, yeah...but some of it is not overanalyzing, it's obvious.

Like Yoda sending Luke alone to face off against Darth Vader: who he knows to be stronger than his son. While training Luke, they showed that Yoda is still be very powerful (lifting the entire Fighter). So it makes no sense that he wouldn't join the Rebellion. He could provide strategic knowledge, but instead he prefers being carried in a back-pack to assist Luke in his fight against the Sith and leaves Luke on his suicide mission, because he needed to make some soup and die...well if he's already "dying", might as well go down fighting.

Also, When Leia, Lando and the rest are trying to escape from Cloud City at the end of the film, they find that Vader has disabled their hyperdrive so they can't escape as easily. But why not just disable the entire engine on the millennium falcon? His whole plan was to capture them, would it not be more logical to completely shut it off? :slap

In the beginning we see the rebel troops on Hoth fighting what could be the worst war machine ever created, the AT-AT. In an universe, where everything has wings and flies, the Empire's weapon has legs (because legs are practical) and moves slower than a turtle, but no only that, they can only shoot in one direction, from the front, yet the "expert" rebel pilots keep flying in a circular motion and "attacking" those giant turtles straight on...you don't need to be a strategically combat genius to know that plan sucks. Those things can't turn around...or shoot from any other direction. :lol

Also, when Luke is attacked by the wampa, which by the way, it's the size of big foot and a breath as loud as a jet engine. So how does it sneak up on anyone is beyond me? Yeah sure, its fur is white but Luke was standing in a giant open field. Anyway, after Cool hand Luke gets over his initial fear of the Wampa and cuts the arm off, he could have just killed that thing, but no sir, Luke got scared again...he wasn't scare of a healthy Wampa...but suddenly a handicaped Wampa is too much, making him crap his pants and run out of there where he knows he's going to freeze to death.

There's a lot more, but I'll leave it alone because I like ESB.

What.......what are you tryin' to do to me man? If even ESB has obvious fails like this...how....how can I go on?

What.......what are you tryin' to do to me man? If even ESB has obvious fails like this...how....how can I go on?

:lol :lol I'm sorry. What the heck, one more. Wasn't the identity of Darth Vader's children supposed to be a secret? Why the hell was Luke allowed to keep the surname Skywalker? It's like if you go into the witness protection program and you keep your name and move to the home state/ planet where the bad guy is originally from...you know, where people know the name Skywalker and could tell the Empire or Vader. Also, everyone knows Leia is a princess, a tittle she got from her mom. Nice way to keep a low profile :monkey3 You always have the Terminator franchise :)

Like Yoda sending Luke alone to face off against Darth Vader: who he knows to be stronger than his son. While training Luke, they showed that Yoda is still be very powerful (lifting the entire Fighter). So it makes no sense that he wouldn't join the Rebellion. He could provide strategic knowledge, but instead he prefers being carried in a back-pack to assist Luke in his fight against the Sith and leaves Luke on his suicide mission, because he needed to make some soup and die...well if he's already "dying", might as well go down fighting.

Also, When Leia, Lando and the rest are trying to escape from Cloud City at the end of the film, they find that Vader has disabled their hyperdrive so they can't escape as easily. But why not just disable the entire engine on the millennium falcon? His whole plan was to capture them, would it not be more logical to completely shut it off? :slap

In the beginning we see the rebel troops on Hoth fighting what could be the worst war machine ever created, the AT-AT. In an universe, where everything has wings and flies, the Empire's weapon has legs (because legs are practical) and moves slower than a turtle, but no only that, they can only shoot in one direction, from the front, yet the "expert" rebel pilots keep flying in a circular motion and "attacking" those giant turtles straight on...you don't need to be a strategically combat genius to know that plan sucks. Those things can't turn around...or shoot from any other direction. :lol

Also, when Luke is attacked by the wampa, which by the way, it's the size of big foot and a breath as loud as a jet engine. So how does it sneak up on anyone is beyond me? Yeah sure, its fur is white but Luke was standing in a giant open field. Anyway, after Cool hand Luke gets over his initial fear of the Wampa and cuts the arm off, he could have just killed that thing, but no sir, Luke got scared again...he wasn't scare of a healthy Wampa...but suddenly a handicaped Wampa is too much for the far boy, making him crap his pants and run out of there where he knows he's going to freeze to death.

But ESB has better chorography than ROTJ :lol

AEWfxJ1.gif

:lol :lol :lol

Hasbro still hasn't made a figure of the guy that Luke 'kicks' in that GIF^

:lol :lol I'm sorry. What the heck, one more. Wasn't the identity of Darth Vader's children supposed to be a secret? Why the hell was Luke allowed to keep the surname Skywalker? It's like if you go into the witness protection program and you keep your name and move to the home state/ planet where the bad guy is originally from...you know, where people know the name Skywalker and could tell the Empire or Vader. Also, everyone knows Leia is a princess, a tittle she got from her mom. Nice way to keep a low profile :monkey3 You always have the Terminator franchise :)

I don't think those are immune. I can think of one for T2 immediately. Why does the T-1000 constantly revert to a default, recognisable appearance? Obviously there's a real world explanation for it but in the context of the movie it makes no sense.

Those are flawed as well :lol

First, Luke's "plan" and court scene. He goes to talk to Jabba looking and acting like a badass (for the first time in the trilogy) and he quickly gets captured. His plan A, to shoot Jabba with gun...really? Plan B worked and the only reason his rescue attempt worked is because R2-D2 was positioned on top of Jabba's ship to launch his lightsaber. Fine, and what would Luke have done if that little dwarf in a can-costume didn't show-up on top of that ship? What if the ship was simply too far for R2 to even reach Luke with his lightsaber throw? What if Jabba thought R2 was a crappy robot and broke it in hundreds of pieces or just left R2D2 behind? What if Jabba scanned the robot and saw it was hiding a lightsaber or some weapon? What if Luke were dropped in the sand monster with handcuffs? If this is the best plan he could come up with after months of preparation? And lets not forget, one of the worst deaths in film history, Boba Fett (yes he was dead).

Then, Yoda dies minutes after Luke shows up to finish his training. Right before Luke entered his hut, Yoda was standing there making a little soup and everything, not sick in bed :lol He was probably waiting for some female company, but Luke shows up, so he was like **** it, I rather die than to listen to this prick again. Either that or Luke got Ebola from Jabba or something and accidently killed Yoda with a space disease . And what was the deal with Luke's "final test" to become a jedi? He had to beat Vader? What? Did Obie Wan fight Joda to the death too to finally "graduate" ?

The forest scenes, well we see the Rebel commando team in the forest of Endor wearing camouflage and painting their faces like Arnold in Comando to stay hidden from the "Elite" storm-troopers. Great, but it's pointless when you also bring C3P0 who is a golden robot that reflects light, can’t run or crouch, makes loud robotic noises when moving, never shuts the hell up, and makes everyone grunt and make noises when they interact with him.

Then, On Endor, the Storm troopers are so ELITE that they don’t need radio transmitters. No sir, when they want to talk to their main base about anything, let’s say: an incoming surprise raid which could threaten the Empire, they have to hop on super-sonic bikes and travel through a racing track that would make Mario Kart’s rainbow road look like a piece of cake. But that's not all, The Elite Storm Troopers on Endor are incapable of beating teddy bears. It would be similar if we took the best special forces has to offer today, send them in the past to fight less equipped people and see them lose. Except that in ROTJ the soldiers also have futuristic armor, laser guns and robots, while the enemy are nothing more than 20-pound teddy bears that can barely run. It makes no sense.

Not to mention, there shouldn't be an Endor since the destruction of the second death star (which had the same flaw as the first one...what could go wrong the second time?) would cause so much damage that anything around shouldn't even survive it, even the rebels. It's basically a freaking artificial small moon exploding! :lol

Lets talk about Luke,Vader and the Emperor. The Emperor's plan sucks. He has very strong, clairvoyant powers in the force yet refuses to use them to find whoever is threating his Empire. Instead, his whole plan to not completely destroy the Rebel troops in space is to get Luke in an angry mood to push him towards the dark side of the force...to make him an ally. That's pretty cunning, man! But why tell your plan to Luke? ''Take your weapon. Strike me down with all your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!''. Why would you say something like that? Why would you tell Luke exactly what was in store for him if he followed your manipulation? Dumb...still not as dumb as droids feeling pain and screaming when you burn their feet.

Then after Luke beats Vader in the slowest lightsaber fight ever, the Emperor is slowly killing Luke with his lightning bolts/Thor powers; Vader then takes him up – walks toward the reactor shaft – and throws him down with no resistance on his part. Why didn’t the emperor react? In fact, it’s not like Vader had that much grip on him having only one hand. One hand and he was dying of asthma!! The Emperor had a good 10-15 seconds to do something...anything and he's like super "powerful." Well, apparently not, so no need for Luke to join Vader to overthrow the emperor and rule the galaxy as father and son, yeah...Vader could have done it all with one hand all along. Well, that craps on ESB. Way to go, GL.

I only like the first two films, I thought ROTJ was garbage to sell more toys to be honest. I give credit to Lucas for the first film though :monkey3 At this point it's impossible for Disney to damage the franchise more the Prequels and ROTJ already have.

In the beginning we see the rebel troops on Hoth fighting what could be the worst war machine ever created, the AT-AT. In an universe, where everything has wings and flies, the Empire's weapon has legs (because legs are practical) and moves slower than a turtle, but no only that, they can only shoot in one direction, from the front, yet the "expert" rebel pilots keep flying in a circular motion and "attacking" those giant turtles straight on...you don't need to be combat strategist or a genius to know that plan sucks. Those things can't turn around...or shoot from any other direction. :lol

Also, when Luke is attacked by the wampa, which by the way, it's the size of big foot and a breath as loud as a jet engine. So how does it sneak up on anyone is beyond me? Yeah sure, its fur is white but Luke was standing in a giant open field. Anyway, after Cool hand Luke gets over his initial fear of the Wampa and cuts the arm off, he could have just killed that thing, but no sir, Luke got scared again...he wasn't scare of a healthy Wampa...but suddenly a handicaped Wampa is too much for the far boy, making him crap his pants and run out of there where he knows he's going to freeze to death.

What the heck, one more. Wasn't the identity of Darth Vader's children supposed to be a secret? Why the hell was Luke allowed to keep the surname Skywalker? It's like if you go into the witness protection program and you keep your name and move to the home state/ planet where the bad guy is originally from...you know, where people know the name Skywalker and could tell the Empire or Vader. Also, everyone knows Leia is a princess, a tittle she got from her mom. Nice way to keep a low profile :monkey3

Ted's Job Interview - YouTube

Hasbro still hasn't made a figure of the guy that Luke 'kicks' in that GIF^

I don't think those are immune. I can think of one for T2 immediately. Why does the T-1000 constantly revert to a default, recognisable appearance? Obviously there's a real world explanation for it but in the context of the movie it makes no sense.

Yeah, that's true. Also, their whole goal to stop judgment day was making sure to destroy everything related to the T-800, including the arm and micro chip from the first film. And last but not least the T-800, which they got rid of it in dramatic fashion, but they forgot about the T 800's left arm, the one he cut off. Maybe the point of that is to show that there is no fate and simply a circular history that is inevitable...that's how I make "sense" of it.

Also, during the pescadero escape, the T1000 is on top of an elevator....why not just cut the cable off and have the whole thing crash? I'm pretty sure that would kill a child/future war hero. Mission accomplished.

Also, why does a mental institution would have doors with the keyholes inside the cell/room, you know, accessible to get lock picked.

But my favorite, Dr. Silberman agrees with Sarah Connor that she has been really nice for the past 6 months...yeah, even if it was only weeks ago that she stabbed him in the kneecaps with a pen. :lol

Yeah, that's true. Also, their whole goal to stop judgment day was making sure to destroy everything related to the T-800, including the arm and micro chip from the first film. And last but not least the T-800, which they got rid of it in dramatic fashion, but they forgot about the T 800's left arm, the one he cut off. Maybe the point of that is to show that there is no fate and simply a circular history that is inevitable...that's how I make "sense" of it.

Also, during the pescadero escape, the T1000 is on top of an elevator....why not just cut the cable off and have the whole thing crash? I'm pretty sure that would kill a child/future war hero. Mission accomplished.

Also, why does a mental institution would have doors with the keyholes inside the cell/room, you know, accessible to get lock picked.

But my favorite, Dr. Silberman agrees with Sarah Connor that she has been really nice for the past 6 months...yeah, even if it was only weeks ago that she stabbed him in the kneecaps with a pen. :lol

Well that thing with the T-800's arm stuck in the gears has never bothered me from a POV of stopping judgment day. An arm shouldn't lead to anything, I mean Stan Winston was able to make one of those in 1984 without it leading to machines rebelling against humankind and nuking us to ***t.

What bothers me (slightly) is that John Connor is expecting the T-800 to carry on existing and being his 'dad' and yet, despite clearly observing that the T-800 was now missing his lower arm, opts to throw the convenient spare arm he has in his backpack into the molten steel. He even asks, ''will this melt in there?'' before throwing it in. It should have occurred to him, even a child, that the arm from the first T-800 could be used to repair Uncle Bob's arm. Even though it was a right arm it could be reverse engineered pretty easily by the T-800 itself.

Great point about the Pescadero elevator. I actually hadn't even thought of that, mainly I'd thought why couldn't the T-1000 liquify itself immediately and seep through the bullet holes in the ceiling of the elevator - how much of a defence could the T-800 offer in such confined quarters. But yeah, making the elevator drop at speed would have probably done the job aswell.

The arm/hand was smashed in the gears. The only evidence they're going to get from that is scraps.

The Endo arm from the first Terminator couldn't be used for Uncle Bob, he was missing a left arm, not right. And the damage occurred at a different part of his arm. Good luck getting those servos attached.

Pescadero is like 2-3 floors from the garage to the floor they're on. Cutting the cables ain't gonna do crap.

Every time T-1000 was shot, he was stunned and slowed down. He couldn't just seep through holes in the roof while getting shot at. He has to "heal". Look what happened when the T-800 blasted him at the galleria.

No problems.

Dat 6 months goodie two shoes vs. "stabbed me in the knee with a pen a few weeks ago", doe . . .

The arm/hand was smashed in the gears. The only evidence they're going to get from that is scraps.

The Endo arm from the first Terminator couldn't be used for Uncle Bob, he was missing a left arm, not right. And the damage occurred at a different part of his arm. Good luck getting those servos attached.

Pescadero is like 2-3 floors from the garage to the floor they're on. Cutting the cables ain't gonna do crap.

Every time T-1000 was shot, he was stunned and slowed down. He couldn't just seep through holes in the roof while getting shot at. He has to "heal". Look what happened when the T-800 blasted him at the galleria.

No problems.

Nah, even I'm not really buying that.

That arm could easily have been used to repair Uncle Bob's arm. The fact that it was a right arm is irrelevant, the location of damage wouldn't matter either. You could flat out dismantle the T1 arm and use it's parts to replace everything on Uncle Bob's forearm - if anyone would know how to do it, a T-800 would. But the main point is - why didn't it even enter John's head since he was expecting that Uncle Bob would stay with them.

As for the T-1000 being 'stunned' when shot....yeah but I still don't think that should have prohibited it from turning into liquid. Nothing in the film tells me that it couldn't have done so. Look at how quickly it liquifies itself when the T-800 punches it in the face.

For equality purposes - in T1 Sarah Connor should have been dead at Tech Noir. Easily. The T-800, a so-called killing machine, took a few unnecessarily dramatic pauses that led to it's own failure at it's mission.

In the beginning we see the rebel troops on Hoth fighting what could be the worst war machine ever created, the AT-AT. In an universe, where everything has wings and flies, the Empire's weapon has legs (because legs are practical) and moves slower than a turtle, but no only that, they can only shoot in one direction, from the front, yet the "expert" rebel pilots keep flying in a circular motion and "attacking" those giant turtles straight on...you don't need to be combat strategist or a genius to know that plan sucks. Those things can't turn around...or shoot from any other direction. :lol

But ESB has better chorography than ROTJ :lol

AEWfxJ1.gif

:lol Boba being flung across the gif

Also, everyone knows Leia is a princess, a tittle she got from her mom.

Actually, the title comes from her adoptive parents, the Organas, where Bail was a prince and his wife queen. Besides, the mom (Amidala) hadn't been queen for a long time before Leia was born anyway - she was only a senator.

But good stuff with everything else. A movie can be both epic and great despite a metric ton of stupidity and lack of attention to logic. ;) Seems pretty obvious in every SW movie. Except the PT, nothing can save those, even if they had none of the issues mentioned of the OT.

Nah, even I'm not really buying that.

That arm could easily have been used to repair Uncle Bob's arm. The fact that it was a right arm is irrelevant, the location of damage wouldn't matter either. You could flat out dismantle the T1 arm and use it's parts to replace everything on Uncle Bob's forearm - if anyone would know how to do it, a T-800 would. But the main point is - why didn't it even enter John's head since he was expecting that Uncle Bob would stay with them.

As for the T-1000 being 'stunned' when shot....yeah but I still don't think that should have prohibited it from turning into liquid. Nothing in the film tells me that it couldn't have done so. Look at how quickly it liquifies itself when the T-800 punches it in the face.

This isn't the Sarah Connor Chronicles where an Endo can repair everything on it's body, including artificial skin in a bath tub filled with blood, bro.

The arm is useless to Uncle Bob, it wouldn't even work on him, especially without the proper wiring and elbow servos. The tears and damage would have to be identical. It'd be like trying to force a puzzle piece into the wrong shape, it just wouldn't work. Hell, almost half of his skin is gone, even if he gets another right arm, he'll still never pass as human. Uncle Bob knew he was toast. John? Eh, he's a kid. He saw the arm and chip as Skynet/Enemy trinkets, I doubt he saw Uncle Bob as a cyborg. That was his friend.

Back