Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

UPDATE 4!

The guys from MakingStarWars found a new image showing a black X-Wing build on the Greenham Common set. Take a closer look at the top left. Also there’s a white X-Wing in the center.
Also the Millennium Falcon is still only half build which could only mean that the ship will be filmed only from one side.

VIIwingFlaconbase.jpg

UPDATE 4!

The guys from MakingStarWars found a new image showing a black X-Wing build on the Greenham Common set. Take a closer look at the top left. Also there’s a white X-Wing in the center.
Also the Millennium Falcon is still only half build which could only mean that the ship will be filmed only from one side.

View attachment 133052

That x-wing could still be wrapped. The others were covered in blue tarps, plastic before. Who knows though?

They should build the whole ship!......just....because. Millenium Falcon.

and then send it on a world-wide Star Wars tour, finally coming to rest at Disney World. Who among us wouldnt pay $20 to be able to take a walk on The Millenium Falcon.

...you it can't fly Andrew, you know that right? And no, even if they built the other side it would still not make hypersapce...
:(

https://badassdigest.com/2014/09/11...lack-x-wing-fighter-in-star-wars-episode-vii/

I've been off the Star Wars beat for the last couple of weeks because I heard that some folks got themselves in deep, deep **** over the pictures that IndieRevolver leaked. Like, fired. And here's the thing: nobody should be getting fired over sharing info about a movie. This isn't journalism covering national security. We don't need the info bad enough to risk jobs.

But who's going to get fired for flying over the airbase where Episode VII is filming and taking a couple of pictures? Nobody! And a guy did just that, and he got some pictures and gave them to Latino Review, and they reveal something kind of amazing:

A black X-Wing Fighter.

That's a heckuva color, no? Evocative. And very different from what we've seen so far - white in the Original Trilogy, and blue in other aerial shots taken over this airbase. But black? And with those orange wings? Those are Sith colors to me.

I don't know that this X-Wing is flown by a Sith. I honestly don't know who the heck flies it, but it does seem to back up a lot of the stuff I've been hearing about the lines between the Empire and the Republic being very blurred. The chrome trim on it is interesting, as I have personally seen concept art of the new chrome Storm Troopers - could they be in the cockpit of this X-Wing?

Hopefully I'll be able to find out more in ways that don't jeopardize people's jobs. In the meantime, here's a nugget I've heard repeated so often I'm believing it: Star Wars Episode VII ends on a major cliffhanger. The beginning of this movie may have echoes of A New Hope, but it definitely ends on an Empire Strikes Back note of uncertainty and danger.

https://badassdigest.com/2014/09/11...lack-x-wing-fighter-in-star-wars-episode-vii/

I've been off the Star Wars beat for the last couple of weeks because I heard that some folks got themselves in deep, deep **** over the pictures that IndieRevolver leaked. Like, fired. And here's the thing: nobody should be getting fired over sharing info about a movie. This isn't journalism covering national security. We don't need the info bad enough to risk jobs.

But who's going to get fired for flying over the airbase where Episode VII is filming and taking a couple of pictures? Nobody! And a guy did just that, and he got some pictures and gave them to Latino Review, and they reveal something kind of amazing:

A black X-Wing Fighter.

That's a heckuva color, no? Evocative. And very different from what we've seen so far - white in the Original Trilogy, and blue in other aerial shots taken over this airbase. But black? And with those orange wings? Those are Sith colors to me.

I don't know that this X-Wing is flown by a Sith. I honestly don't know who the heck flies it, but it does seem to back up a lot of the stuff I've been hearing about the lines between the Empire and the Republic being very blurred. The chrome trim on it is interesting, as I have personally seen concept art of the new chrome Storm Troopers - could they be in the cockpit of this X-Wing?

Hopefully I'll be able to find out more in ways that don't jeopardize people's jobs. In the meantime, here's a nugget I've heard repeated so often I'm believing it: Star Wars Episode VII ends on a major cliffhanger. The beginning of this movie may have echoes of A New Hope, but it definitely ends on an Empire Strikes Back note of uncertainty and danger.

Disney and their toy licenses.. :lol

I'm pretty sure they only built half of the falcon for some season in the OT as well. Building only half is common, but it must be a pain to transport.

Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

Excerpt from ThisIsInfamous:
From what I’ve been told, Luke hasn’t been missing for a full 30 years, only about 10, with his early time post-RETURN OF THE JEDI being spent rebuilding the Jedi Order. Yeah, Luke had some things to do, in order to help get things back on track after the fall of the Empire. In addition, he has grown so powerful with his command of the Force that he can literally move mountains or bring down ships with merely a glance.

But then Luke begins to feel a disturbance in the Force… and starts to feel the lure of the Dark Side. If word about the Emperor’s resurgence is true, I believe his presence and desire to court young Skywalker once again is the root of this new evil. Because he knows just what a danger he would be if successfully convinced to switch sides, Luke goes into a self-imposed exile and disappears.

But where does he go? That’s right. DAGOBAH!!

Luke Skywalker relocates to Yoda’s old home planet, and that is where he will be found and reunited with his old lightsaber by friends both old and new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better pic of the X-wings
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410529479.260681.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410529488.097975.jpg

"The lure of the dark side." :lol

If it didn't work in Return of the Jedi with his dad, why would it work 30 years later when Luke is a wise old man? There are no benefits to "teh dark sides" unless you want all your limbs chopped off, everyone you love, dead, etc. Even in ROTJ, the Emperor's offers weren't really attractive. "Kill you daddy, betray your friends, and take Vader's place at my side as my new *****".

"The lure of the dark side." :lol

If it didn't work in Return of the Jedi with his dad, why would it work 30 years later when Luke is a wise old man? There are no benefits to "teh dark sides" unless you want all your limbs chopped off, everyone you love, dead, etc. Even in ROTJ, the Emperor's offers weren't really attractive. "Kill you daddy, betray your friends, and take Vader's place at my side as my new *****".

Maybe the Galaxy is in such disarray that Luke begins to feel order is not such a bad thing. Once there is order, maybe those damn kids will stay off his lawn!

A black X-Wing can mean only one thing...

They ran out of white paint?

When my Wife bought her new car she got it in black! Why didnt I see the warning signs? All this time, an agent of evil, no wonder she has been nagging me so much!

Take out the trash! Cook Dinner! Destroy that peaceful planet!

Back