Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

Agree, enough with the Mandalorian explanations.

Oh, and Kamino can kiss my ass.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

**** the Mandalolorians.

According to my POTF2 Boba Fett cardback from 1995, the Mandalorians all died out. Their race and culture were extinct. The only note worthy thing about them is that this bounty hunter from Empire Strikes Back sported the same armor (along with other types). That's why his gauntlets were originally two different colors, along with everything else. He found all this crap and put it together himself. That's why he's got a flight suit, and a jetpack, and a ___ and a ___. His suit is thrown together parts.

They couldaade him some cool "man with no name" character that has no origin or history (was he a "Mandalorian", did he just find or steal the armor?) but no, they ****ed it all up. No more Fett crap, he sucks! Clones suck! Mandalorian kiwis are EU!
:lol :lol :lol

I think those card games (WEG) from the 90s, also unnecessarily & stupidly muddied the waters aplenty. :lol

**** the Mandalolorians.

According to my POTF2 Boba Fett cardback from 1995, the Mandalorians all died out. Their race and culture were extinct. The only note worthy thing about them is that this bounty hunter from Empire Strikes Back sported the same armor (along with other types). That's why his gauntlets were originally two different colors, along with everything else. He found all this crap and put it together himself. That's why he's got a flight suit, and a jetpack, and a ___ and a ___. His suit is thrown together parts.

They coulda made him some cool "man with no name" character that has no origin or history (was he a "Mandalorian", did he just find or steal the armor?) but no, they ****ed it all up. No more Fett crap, he sucks! Clones suck! Mandalorian kiwis are EU!

:lol

Let it out, let it out... I can feel the anger coursing through your veins...

Ehh.. we've all said ^ that ^ a million times - but it's like that tornado in MOS, the merchandising juggernaut will envelop all in it's path.

Don't be surprised if certain arms of the new Republic have Mando based uniforms in some iteration, & there are new R2 unit designs based on Mando helmets - just add wheels at the bottom & you're awayyyyyyyyyyyyyy..

:lol

What's going on.. I'm channeling Jye.. :panic:

Last edited:

**** the Mandalolorians.

They coulda made him some cool "man with no name" character that has no origin or history (was he a "Mandalorian", did he just find or steal the armor?) but no, they ****ed it all up. No more Fett crap, he sucks! Clones suck! Mandalorian kiwis are EU!

Boba is a clone. Deal with it.

He also screamed like a girl and was eaten by a hole in the ground.

Deal with that, too.

:wave

You're saying somewhere in the Star Wars universe is a planet Belgium where there make nothing but waffles and kickboxers?
Don't be silly. Star Wars people don't eat.

Boba is a clone. Deal with it.
gfa7f65dc.gif

He also screamed like a girl and was eaten by a hole in the ground.

Deal with that, too.

:wave
This is true, but there is no shame here.

https://badassdigest.com/2014/06/25...s-could-be-oscar-isaacs-star-wars-episode-vi/

Rumors! Not just a Fleetwood Mac album anymore!

Here's the latest: Disney really needs Star Wars Episode VII to meet its release date because it has all these licensing deals in place and that's where the real money is. The box office? That's just advertising for the toys and the sheets and the books and the at-home surgery kits. That means Disney is dead set on getting Episode VII into theaters in 2015 even if it means turning Harrison Ford into an animatronic puppet.

But maybe they won't have to, as the new rumor says that Han Solo's role in the script is being diminished and that Oscar Isaac's yet-unknown character will be picking up the slack. I had heard that Solo is the star of this Star Wars and that the old smuggler would be taking the new kids on a journey across the galaxy to find an old friend who had gone missing. But Ford's leg shattered, possibily in need of amputation*, and the actor looking at reportedly six months of rehab, a change has to be made, and that change will be Isaac filling in for much of Ford's narrative function.

Is this true? I don't know! It comes from the New York Post, so it's probably racist in some way. And Disney denies it to the Post reporter 'categorically,' which is pretty solid. If it were true I wouldn't complain; Oscar Isaac is amazing and Harrison Ford is the shambling dead, so it's a trade up. And frankly the less I see of the Original Trilogy Oldsters, the happier I will be with Star Wars as a universe moving forward as opposed to being a universe mired in nostalgia for two good movies out of six.

* not really true.

SOURCE: NY POST

**** that article. The original cast are the only reason I even give a crap anymore. Reduced role for Ford is not a good thing.

Fact: Robert Downey Jr broke his leg filming IM3. Most people don't know this because they did digital head replacement over a stand-in.

IM3's narrative problems are likely rooted in the chaos of this caused. Star Wars VII now faces the same issue. Ford isn't the most tolerant actor under ideal conditions, asking him to act in a mo-cap room with dots glued on his face isn't going to lead to good results.

Disney needs to work with its licensees if needed and give this movie some room to breathe and solve some problems - or SW VII will be the next Iron Man 3.

Han solo roaming the Galaxy looking for Luke sounds kinda cool....

Back