Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

I have a hard time picturing Leia as a Jedi. I always have.

What I can imagine is Leia being force trained and using her powers in a different way.

That's kind of how she is in the EU--mostly a politician but when she's not doing that then she does the Jedi stuff.

I hope leah is in the Senate for the Republic and she helps argue over a trade embargo, she then campaigns for election while visiting many planets. I hope the whole movie is about political campaign and nothing to do with spaceships lightsabers Jedi or the force. This way I could delete all three of them with my prequel trilogy. God I hate you Lucas

Lakhota is using his Speak and Spell

Nobody_cares.jpg

Hajajaja I love it

Bad *** Digest:

The Hollywood Reporter is giving us a bit of 'no duh' news that, because of the JJ Abrams Mystery Box, actually counts as news: Peter Mayhew is returning as Chewbacca in Episode VII. This is 'no duh' because it's pretty obvious every surviving main character from the original trilogy is going to show up in this movie, so why hide it?

There's a weird contingent of people online who are happy to have no Star Wars Episode VII information because they want to be 'surprised.' These are, I assume, the same people who can't have a box of cookies in their house without eating them in a single sitting - whatever happened to self control and personal responsibility? If you don't want to know about Star Wars avoid places where it's discussed. Block it from your Facebook and Twitter. In no world is the fact that the movie is shooting enough of a spoiler to keep hidden. It's actually bizarre that some people feel this way. Guess what - a lot of people will go see Star Wars VII opening weekend with zero knowledge of the film; some of them won't even know the movie exists until they see TV ads for it. That's why studios still spend zillions on TV ads, because most people don't seek this information out. So don't seek this information out.

But wait! I'm still baffled. Why is Mayhew returning a scoop for The Hollywood Reporter and not something announced via StarWars.com? Why is this being played close to the vest? What is accomplished by withholding information we kind of all already know anyway; Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher have publicly talked about returning for this film, so why isn't this official? I just can't figure out what's to be gained by holding back on stuff that most people kind of assume anyway. I think we'd all be happy to have an official announcement of the return of these classic characters, and we would all have a warm feeling about the franchise getting back to characters we like, and it would sate the basic need for some information. That's a need people have always had - in the comments thread for the last Star Wars article many people pointed out the mainstream media ran TONS of stories about the Star Wars sequels in the late 70s and the early 80s, including at least one piece in 1978 where David Prowse said Vader was Luke's father. That's two years before the release of The Empire Strikes Back, for those not keeping track of dates.

I don't even think anyone is asking JJ Abrams to reveal special stuff. I don't need to know the plot right now. Just tell me what you would tell me if this were any other movie that was shooting right now- you know, who the **** is in it.

Star Wars in a whole different ball park now that it's owned by Disney. Everything we've known about publication spoilers releases probably won't be the same. This is a multi billion dollar probably trillion dollar deal that Disney is not going to sacrifice any loose ends they probably thrown everything they have at this,

Not sure if this has been posted but Peter Matthew will reprising his role as Chewbacca!

Bri

I like the idea of all the original cast being in the film in some way.. but Mayhew is virtually a cripple now isn't he?

I'm not saying that to be nasty - far from it, it's just.. look at the guy!! He can hardly walk now.. :huh

That's a bit different though, because Lando is a human in regular clothing. I'm sure that he won't be somersaulting or doing any real action scenes.

Mayhew will be in that big, heavy costume & mask - that can't be a pleasant experience on any level for him anymore.

I guess the reunion - plus the cash, sweetens things enough. :lol

I like the idea of all the original cast being in the film in some way.. but Mayhew is virtually a cripple now isn't he?

I'm not saying that to be nasty - far from it, it's just.. look at the guy!! He can hardly walk now.. :huh

Having met the man a couple times now, yeah, he seems to have some definite medical type issues....but thought he did during ROTS so not sure how they pulled that off

That's a bit different though, because Lando is a human in regular clothing. I'm sure that he won't be somersaulting or doing any real action scenes.

Mayhew will be in that big, heavy costume & mask - that can't be a pleasant experience on any level for him anymore.

But I was looking forward to a Lando dance scene. :lol

...There's a weird contingent of people online who are happy to have no Star Wars Episode VII information because they want to be 'surprised.' These are, I assume, the same people who can't have a box of cookies in their house without eating them in a single sitting - whatever happened to self control and personal responsibility? ...

And of course these are the same people who are reading a thread about a movie in development and somehow expect nobody to talk about the movie. "*SOB* *SOB* You said a spoiler!" I hate people who hang out in movie discussions and somehow think it's everyone else's job to keep them spoiler free.

BTW - If Yoda can have a walking cane so can Chewie.

True, and I'm not trying to be mean, but he's probably in this to add marquee value to the film.

Back