Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

Disney doesn't care about established expanded universe stories. Don't think for a second that they will follow any of that.

Lucas never cared about it either FWIW.

:lol :exactly:

It may mean some great stories getting passed on, but they'll also be dodging some pretty huge bullets too. :lol

Disney doesn't care about established expanded universe stories. Don't think for a second that they will follow any of that.

Lucas never cared about it either FWIW.

True, but they DO care about those liscensing dollars from book sales... which might stop all together if they decide to toss it all out.

Exactly, Look what Abrams did with Star Trek, there was a lot established there too.

granted, and he did it with time travel, and an alternate timeline as to not piss all over the establihed timeline, and the books, becuase paramount wanted to keep the fans happy, AND keep those liscensing dollars flowing.

He said he ould honor what came before, but not nessacaraly revere it.
I've got a funny feeling that's more about the EU than exclusively the films.

As long as the new trilogy has the feel of the OT, I believe I'll be happy.

True, but they DO care about those liscensing dollars from book sales... which might stop all together if they decide to toss it all out.
No way. If there is anything to be learned from all of this to now it's that Star Wars fans/collectors will buy just about anything.

He said he ould honor what came before, but not nessacaraly revere it.
I've got a funny feeling that's more about the EU than exclusively the films.
Maybe. But I kinda feel like he's referring to the OT films and not much else. We shall see...

han and leia as intergalactic troublemakers/problem-solvers/privateers

luke as grand master of the jedi order he re-creates.

All of that would work. It's also always been the logical progression of the characters after ROTJ.

All of that would work. It's also always been the logical progression of the characters after ROTJ.

Guess what. that's what happens in the EU everyone is so eager to piss on.

Keep it vague like that, you keep the book fans happy.

Give han and leia a daughter and grandaughter, and Luke a son. you're still keeping them happy. Abrams did say 30 years after jedi a few months back.

also, pretty sure that's the ONLY official thing we know so far.

Can I just put out the idea that alot of the reasons people may have been dissapointed in the PT also had to do with the pre existing ideas of Shadows of the Empire and the Zhan Trilogy, and that there will likely be just as large a base unhappy when they see things looking so differant from that outline they grew up with for 15 years changed so drastically again here.

I get that you can simply say, those are just books, but for alot of us older fans, for 10-15 years those books were all there was in terms of new star wars story and at the time I sure seem to remember them being pushed as cannon and were respectful of one another. Comics respecting book material, the fact x character existed and had relationships with y character etc. So I think alot of people will definately be expecting things like Thrawn or a Clone Emporer or Mara Jade and get a bit put off.

Having said that I'm all for a fresh take but certain things just make sense. One of these guys is going to have to have a kid obviously.

granted, and he did it with time travel, and an alternate timeline as to not piss all over the establihed timeline.

Actually he's still been pissing on things especially with STID. Things that an altered timeline don't explain. At this point I would prefer had his reboot of Star Trek been a total reboot. Nothing to do with old Trek whatsoever. That would have preserved old Trek and not ****ed anything up.

He can do whatever he wanted with his Star Trek series. It doesn't matter.

Old Trek is still happening the same time New Trek is going on. Just in a convergent timeline.

Old Trek is still happening the same time New Trek is going on. Just in a convergent timeline.

Well, I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of every Star Trek episode throughout every TV series but in examples that I can think of thats not how time travel works (in Star Trek). In Star Trek First Contact the borg changed the past and it instantly affected the future in that one linear timeline. It didn't create an 'alternate' timeline that ran concurrently.

So if thats what happened in the 09 film then that in itself is changing the rules of Star Trek. I could be wrong though.

But it's not like the other timeline didn't happen. It was just a better way to do a "prequel" without having to be restricted.

Re: Episode VII Character Details

Here we go...Disney take notes:

The Empire is scattered but not disbanded.
Luke starts training Jedi and reassembling the order. He's training the solo kids with them. One dies. Luke goes crazy and goes to daggobah to reflect. Talks to yoda. Yoda s like "it's the way of th force, let it slide.". Luke refuses and goes back in "the cave". He sees the Emporer huddled in a dark corner. Start talking some evil **** to Luke about bringing th dead back and the darkside. Raises his head and guess who's in the cloak? Luke!

Anyways, Luke starts getting all evil and ****. Yodas like "nooooo!" And Luke's like "get out my head!!!!".

Leia, being worried, had followed Luke to daggobah. She saw what went down. There's some "there's nothing you could have done" stuff. Instead of Leia, luke keeps seeing Vader. He's going crazy. Cue fight.

Han who's back at the ship hears something going down. Runs out to see Luke force choking his sister. "What are you doing!". Luke sabres him without even realizing. Leia screams. Luke falls to his knees sobbing. Leia Comforts Han. Han passes out. Leia stands up. Ignites. Luke looks up. Leaks looks own says "you'll kill us all". "I can't let go. It's my blood. It's my destiny." Leia count dookus Luke's head.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XJe2iVrwTY[/ame]

So then, Star Wars: Rebels, the new DISNEY animated series will have teens as it's central characters, because it features the "early days of the rebellion". This is very worrying BS. And a bad omen as to how Disney are going to handle the franchise. Teens, yup teens. Because everyone that we saw in SW:ANH were in the rebellion since they were 15. Jesus the logic of this is shocking. Uncle George? Come back, we can forgive the prequels...

So then, Star Wars: Rebels, the new DISNEY animated series will have teens as it's central characters, because it features the "early days of the rebellion". This is very worrying BS. And a bad omen as to how Disney are going to handle the franchise. Teens, yup teens. Because everyone that we saw in SW:ANH were in the rebellion since they were 15. Jesus the logic of this is shocking. Uncle George? Come back, we can forgive the prequels...

Star Wars: Twilight of the Rebellion
:rotfl
Star Wars: The Jedi Games

Star Wars: Twilight of the Rebellion
Star Wars: The Jedi Games

:exactly::(:monkey4
Just the logic that if we see the start of the rebellion.. we have to have young versions of all the characters, is worrying enough.

Pfff. I care not about more Star Wars animation.

I'll have to ask you to speak for yourself there.
Lets wait and see shall we? :lol I have a bad feeling about this....

Back